New FOTN *Vinyl* reissue...

Discuss about the albums and videos the band has released over the years. The band we are talking about here is of course F.O.T.N. and not side-projects, similar bands etc. Please use other sections if you want to talk about the weather.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

EatKnuckle
Psychonaut

Re: New FOTN *Vinyl* reissue...

Post by EatKnuckle » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:59 pm

Ok I'll give it a try, keep in mind though, that comparison between two longplays is rather difficult, because you can't just listen two some snippets and compare them.

In my opinion everything sounds a bit clearer and the instruments are more distinguishable from one another. The benefit is that i could hear a lot more details that I didn't even know existed before.
Carl's voice is more prominent than previously but doensn't predominate. All in all the record is very balanced and cleaner than the old outing. The biggest plus for me are the small details that come out very well on this remaster.

I had feared some sort of loudness war crap, but I got quite the opposite. The record ist still very quiet, so you have to turn up the volume considerably (something i noticed holds true for all older fotn records).

Must listen to this again tomorrow :wink: I got the record today and have only had one playthrough, but I was amazed.

Now i got elizium 4 times, 3x vinyl and one CD :shock:

edit. perhaps metatron666 or oldnephilim can add some of their thoughts about the reord to this thread.
...cover his face...