The problem with Elizium is...

Discuss about the albums and videos the band has released over the years. The band we are talking about here is of course F.O.T.N. and not side-projects, similar bands etc. Please use other sections if you want to talk about the weather.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Re: The problem with Elizium is...

Post by Lord Mureth » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:35 am

To be honest, it's been so long since I've last listened to it that I've not really any idea what should follow it :lol: Elizium gets played approx once a year, wheras the shiny monster that followed it (eventually) is more like every month at least... *whistle*
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:14 pm

Lord Mureth wrote:To be honest, it's been so long since I've last listened to it that I've not really any idea what should follow it :lol: Elizium gets played approx once a year, wheras the shiny monster that followed it (eventually) is more like every month at least... *whistle*
I try and listen to it, at least once every month or so. You could listen to more haunting goth rock like 'Never Let This Die, One Moment Between Us, Unearthed, Rise, Break the Silence, Dead Pool and Lost Souls (Still I Remain) by NFD or 'Children' by The Mission, 'Closer' by Joy Division and 'The Great Silence' by Elusive. :wink:
If you pass through my soul tonight
Gather all his troubles
Tomorrow's long with eternal night
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
Discover all of earth's surprises
When I'm gone wait here
I'll send my child my last good smile
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:31 pm

I would listen to The Sound of Silence and hum "Hello darkness, my old friend, Ive come to talk with you again..."
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:13 pm

Or....

Xodus - Reboooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorn!!!!!
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:56 pm

*notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* you read my mind! :D
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:01 pm

But Zoon is no music... it's a ritual :wink:

After Elizium something by Motorhead or anything rock n' rollish... It's utterly pointless to go for another atmospheric record or the one that pretends to be such... as we know that E is the best in its genre :wink:
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
Mark Boyle
Moonchild

Re:

Post by Mark Boyle » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:45 pm

Blue Angel wrote:Silence...
Seconded.

"Wail Of Sumer (And There Will Your Heart Be Also" is a definitive session ender, even more so than "Last Exit For The Lost", "Dawnrazor" or "Mourning Sun", and you really have to go do something else (reading for me).
Mercy
Moonchild

Post by Mercy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:43 pm

think there is nothing that can be compared to elizium, but years ago i really loved "Garlands" by Cocteau Twins.
welshbiker
Dawnrazor

Post by welshbiker » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:09 am

squishy wrote:Image

of course! An utterly incomparable work of transhuman genius. (Er, sorry: wrong forum? ;))
I concur :)
"Drink beer, have sex, take drugs,
RIDE BIKES"
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:17 am

welshbiker wrote:
squishy wrote:Image

of course! An utterly incomparable work of transhuman genius. (Er, sorry: wrong forum? ;))
I concur :)
…Just like the squid and the Welsh said ! :wink: *notworthy*
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:38 am

It's so very nice to unashamedly drool together now and then over something so unspeakably beautiful :)
remember what the doorknob said
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:58 pm

The problem with Elizium is...
squishy wrote:It's so very nice to unashamedly drool together now and then over something so unspeakably beautiful :)
If it's so very nice then what's is a problem may I ask you ? The drooling thing perhaps? :roll:
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:37 pm

Thwhhat pwoblemmhtwtph, thllpthw, thllthpwthpth!?
remember what the doorknob said
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:09 pm

squishy wrote:Thwhhat pwoblemmhtwtph, thllpthw, thllthpwthpth!?
Thuffering Thuccotash ! The squid turned into Sylvester ! *whistle* *whistle*
(You see the door ? You see it ? That's where I'm gone…)
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Oskar Terramortis
Leviathan

Re:

Post by Oskar Terramortis » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:17 am

The Khemist wrote:ZOON!!!!!

I've always been here and I'll keep watching for long ... the people who like "Elizium" not many, hate "zoon", but I would like to comment that the "Zoon" for the people of the gothic atmosphere here is extreme metal. "Zoon" is a masterpiece, but not for all those people who worship FOTN. "Zoon" is darkness and chaos.
http://www.gothic-rock.com/
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness. Cioran
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:50 am

*notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *cthulhu*
Elisium Fields
Watcher

Re:

Post by Elisium Fields » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:24 pm

Pandora Panorama wrote:Carl also said that he likes how Submission turned out, that it kept the menace and angryness that it was supposed to have...
On my initial listen to 'Elizium' the standout track for my listening appreciation was without question.........'Submission'. I was a bit gutted that it did not get an airing at the SBE shows as I had convinced myself it would be resurected.......

Back to the point of this thread.............to follow 'Elizium'...............'Closer - Joy Division' is the only album for me which comes anywhere near close.........the rest are pale in comparison.

BTW I have been saying for eoons that all the FOTN albums could do with at least a re-master, and at best a remastered re-issue with b-sides, live tracks, demos etc similar to 'the Cure' examples.
"I stand alone, inside you.....I stand alone, the skys bruised..........."
SumerSon
Watcher

Re: Re:

Post by SumerSon » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Oskar Terramortis wrote:
The Khemist wrote:ZOON!!!!!

I've always been here and I'll keep watching for long ... the people who like "Elizium" not many, hate "zoon", but I would like to comment that the "Zoon" for the people of the gothic atmosphere here is extreme metal. "Zoon" is a masterpiece, but not for all those people who worship FOTN. "Zoon" is darkness and chaos.
It is very simlpe my friend!
If someone besides goth music likes listening to extreme metal as well, it is obvious that he will prefer Zoon to Elisium!
If you ask me I like some Zoon songs (Shine, Zoon III, and I used to listen to Penetration :D ), but Elisium is something bigger!! Something that takes my soul far away... And I will always love it! *cthulhu*
Sumerland Holds me... in Sumerian Haze !
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

REANIMATORS - GREEK LEGION

Mont Ventoux
Psychonaut

Re: Re:

Post by Mont Ventoux » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:26 pm

SumerSon wrote:
It is very simlpe my friend!
If someone besides goth music likes listening to extreme metal as well, it is obvious that he will prefer Zoon to Elisium!
If you ask me I like some Zoon songs (Shine, Zoon III, and I used to listen to Penetration :D ), but Elisium is something bigger!! Something that takes my soul far away... And I will always love it! *cthulhu*
PERFECT :wink:
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:57 pm

Hem, I think Zoon has worked my ears in a way that after a couple of years of listenning to it they were tuned to bear some black metal. Then in 2000 Elegy french magazine with its compilations came in the shops, and some friends of mine who were into heavy metal made me enlarge my musical culture sharing with me their musical taste for hard rock and other heavy metals.

Now I can apreciate some black metal, a preference for some pagan ala Eluvetie for instance, and I still like Elizium and every atmospheric music. Nothing is excluded. No war! *whistle*