From the fire (Fallen)vs From the fire (live)

Discuss about the albums and videos the band has released over the years. The band we are talking about here is of course F.O.T.N. and not side-projects, similar bands etc. Please use other sections if you want to talk about the weather.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Which one you'd like better?

From the fire (Fallen)
17%
From the fire (live SBE&Waregem)
83%

Total votes: 35
Poison Ivy

From the fire (Fallen)vs From the fire (live)

Post by Poison Ivy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:23 pm

We all witnessed changes in 'From the fire' recorded for the 'Fallen' and acctualy played live in London SBE and Belgium Waregem.
Live version has different guitar line, but lack of additional samples/voices in the background, but we all know that Carl recognize 'Fallen' as non finished version, so question is pure and simple - which one you would prefer ?
Let's start the fire :mrgreen:
GreboGoth
Dawnrazor

Post by GreboGoth » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:53 pm

To me the Fallen version is a bit leaden and dull.

I thought the live version had a lot more power in a brooding kind of way. I could just be talking arse though due to a copious amounts of a rather cheeky little Rioja :D
SEARCHING FOR...
SEARCHING FOR...
I KEEP SEARCHING FOR RED SKIES
Blindman
Moonchild

Post by Blindman » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:27 am

I don't like either.

It's not a song that suits his voice, that style of song has been done much better by other bands and people with frankly better singing voices.

In fact the Fallen and Zoon albums I think would be better with someone else singing or performed by a different band entirely. You could give some of the tracks straight to Type O negative and they would fit right in on their next album.
Farkas
Watcher

Post by Farkas » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:58 am

Blindman wrote: In fact the Fallen and Zoon albums I think would be better with someone else singing or performed by a different band entirely. You could give some of the tracks straight to Type O negative and they would fit right in on their next album.
absolutely disagree :|
i like "from the fire" and love carls voice on it. think about TON playing this song is blasphemie :mrgreen: *cthulhu*
TON sucks. i love TON´s Bloody Kisses, October Rust and that album where "Everything Dies" is on it (forgot the name). all after that is rubbish and "dead again" is the worst of all.
so btt:
Ande
Watcher

Post by Ande » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:50 pm

I love both

nomad
Watcher

Post by nomad » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:13 pm

I like both too, but the live version kicks Fallen's ass! :? I know that sounds a bit weird (the sentence, not the song) but you know what I mean... :D
"Where's the little man?"
Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:15 pm

...as a well-known firestarter I forgot to add option 'both' :lol:
...sorry :oops: there can be only one 8)

No compromises gentelmens :twisted: weeeeee !

BTW : I think actually Blindman should have an honour to be called firestarter of that forum....to say like Mr Blindman, that ZOON should be with other voclist :shock: :shock: :shock: simply makes any of my statements simply not worth that title anymore...

Sir Blindman 'Firestarter' Prize goes to you that weekend *smoking*
Blindman
Moonchild

Post by Blindman » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:34 am

I look at it like star wars films.

There are the 3 originals I grew up with and love.

Then there are two which do nothing for me.

And then there's the last one which redeemed things for me and renewed my faith.

Dawnrazor, Nephilim and Elizium are amazing and have stayed on my playlist for years.

Zoon and Fallen just aren't FotN albums, they lack style. I think could have been done by any of the current black metal / goth bands.

Mourning Sun had the old school flavour with a few new twists. Was close but just missed slightly.

Just my opinion, nothing more
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:30 am

Prefer The Way We Were to either any time :P

Honestly, all are great
remember what the doorknob said
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:04 pm

I was just wistening to waregem and like the live version better of course. And the lyrics.

there are a lot of sound samples and keyboard and such being used in the live stuff. I was wondering about backup vocals, like the rather hard to hear"waiting for you" etc. in the second half of the song if these were that or if there was any of the band members doing some of these? It didn't seems so , I didn't notice off hand any stage mics from the pics of the shows...

" all my life" *woof* ? a wolf ? a wolfen woofy woof? a wolfy wooffy woof woof wooff *squinty earscratch rrrummph*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owDkenDSLSE
bradwj
Watcher

Post by bradwj » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:19 pm

Not that I own it *whistle* but I really wish that Carl would take the songs on Fallen and finish them as there is some really good material on there.........whoever produced it should be shot!!!..........um....and like I said.......errr....I've never heard it before! :roll:
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:01 pm

bradwj wrote:Not that I own it *whistle* but I really wish that Carl would take the songs on Fallen and finish them as there is some really good material on there.........whoever produced it should be shot!!!..........um....and like I said.......errr....I've never heard it before! :roll:
Doubt whether they'll ever get finished.I'm sure I read that Jungle records own all the rights to the tunes on Fallen.Plus half the people that wrote it ain't in the band anymore.
Blindman
Moonchild

Post by Blindman » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:55 pm

From what I read in an interview with Tony,

"….we’d been signed to do an album by SPV in Germany, and we were supposed to deliver that album within 18 months after signing the deal, and 4 years later it still hadn’t been delivered. Jungle took what they had, which was a work in progress, and gave it to SPV to put out over there, then Jungle released it over here. If it hadn’t been released we’d have been in total breach of contract. They didn’t have much option. I wasn’t impressed with what went out because it wasn’t a finished product, but they did it because their hands are tied."

Basically they didn't like it but it had to be released as was or they were going to get sued.

http://www.musictowers.com/news/feature ... ight-club/
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:17 am

Blindman wrote:From what I read in an interview with Tony,

"….we’d been signed to do an album by SPV in Germany, and we were supposed to deliver that album within 18 months after signing the deal, and 4 years later it still hadn’t been delivered. Jungle took what they had, which was a work in progress, and gave it to SPV to put out over there, then Jungle released it over here. If it hadn’t been released we’d have been in total breach of contract. They didn’t have much option. I wasn’t impressed with what went out because it wasn’t a finished product, but they did it because their hands are tied."

Basically they didn't like it but it had to be released as was or they were going to get sued.

http://www.musictowers.com/news/feature ... ight-club/
well you know what they say...shit happens
The_Infidel
Moonchild

Post by The_Infidel » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:56 pm

I was wondering about something...
Remember Carl said we might witness a new song at the SBE shows?
Could it be From The Fire? A new version appearing on the new album?
Would that new album be the finished Fallen? (I know, rights and all that but if he re-records the songs, the new ones don't belong to Jungle, right?)

Ok, enough questions.

I liked the songs on Fallen, all of them. Of course Darkcell and Trees Come Down didn't belong and some songs lack layers and proper production.

And I liked the live version of From The Fire too.