Zoon - Ten Years on

Discuss about the albums and videos the band has released over the years. The band we are talking about here is of course F.O.T.N. and not side-projects, similar bands etc. Please use other sections if you want to talk about the weather.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Ten years on - Your opinion on Zoon

Creative low point - it's still bollocks
8%
Nothing special now or then
13%
Hated it then but now it's ok
7%
Hated it then but now it's great
13%
Loved it then - Love it now.
41%
Creative high point
20%

Total votes: 143
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Re: Zoon - Ten Years on

Post by Lord Mureth » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:02 pm

Mr Grebogoth, good sirrah, thou havest ears of cloth :wink:
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:04 pm

I actually gave it a listen today and now think it is the finest album I've ever heard.

Like fcuk it is :roll:
I'm still to get past track 3 before I want to kick the stereo to death :evil:
HEAVY METAL SHITE
And you all only like it because Carlos is singing. If it was by Slayer, 99% of you lot wouldn't have given it a second listen.
And that is FACT!!!
Oskar Terramortis
Leviathan

Post by Oskar Terramortis » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:15 am

wild bill buttock wrote:

HEAVY METAL SHITE
And you all only like it because Carlos is singing. If it was by Slayer, 99% of you lot wouldn't have given it a second listen.
And that is FACT!!!
hahaha Carlos, hahahaha
http://www.gothic-rock.com/
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness. Cioran
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:41 am

.... no it isn't. :P
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
Oskar Terramortis
Leviathan

Post by Oskar Terramortis » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:57 am

Carlos, Tom Araya n Lemmy are from Gaia!!!! they`re gods!!! *whistle*
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:34 am

wild bill buttock wrote:I actually gave it a listen today and now think it is the finest album I've ever heard.
*whistle*
Talma
Moonchild

Post by Talma » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:02 pm

wild bill buttock wrote: Like fcuk it is :roll:
HEAVY METAL SHITE
And that is FACT!!!
FACT it is not. I'm sure its more like 77%.

Anyhow, a big reason I kept Zoon was because it made me think this is what it would sound like if Tom Waits did an occult heavy metal side project (you listen to 'You're Innocent When You Dream' and then 'Saturation' and tell me you don't hear it!).
And no, I don't agree that 90% of heavy metal vocalists sound like Tom Waits.

Now, whether people gave Nocturama a second listen just because it's a Nick Cave album is more debatable, and for my part, the answer is probably...
'The serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die...your eyes shall be opened & ye shall be as gods, knowing good & evil.'
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:40 pm

WTF is wrong with Nocturama? Leave Max Wall Cave out of this! :wink:
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:49 pm

Talma wrote:Anyhow, a big reason I kept Zoon was because it made me think this is what it would sound like if Tom Waits did an occult heavy metal side project (you listen to 'You're Innocent When You Dream' and then 'Saturation' and tell me you don't hear it!).
And no, I don't agree that 90% of heavy metal vocalists sound like Tom Waits.
Thank you, Talma: I've always believed that I'm the only person in the universe fcuked up enough to sincerely think that McCoy at his hoarsest sounds more like Waits than anybody else (with the sole exception of Rowlf, who sounds just like both of them). Ah, the relief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cn2osC5 ... re=related
remember what the doorknob said
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:33 pm

wild bill buttock wrote:I actually gave it a listen today and now think it is the finest album I've ever heard

HEAVY METAL SHITE
And that is FACT!!!
Oh good old thing on zoon is back! No one manages to make me as happy on here as you Ted :mrgreen:
Put your stories on Zoon as being heavy metal/thrash metal shite/bollocks on a shelf with fairy tales, mate... As much as i love Slayer and maybe few others of this sort, Zoon simply makes them all sound like garage bands... Its not something you achieve by going for two months to a studio for a regular proper recording session, then spending another two months producing it, and finally releasing it. If that was a case we would have heard it in 93 and maybe then your arguments could have meant something... Working on 50 minutes music for almost five years gave it that little extra special which you just can't get into because you hate the base this music is formed on... Yes its a metal record. A metal masterpiece, with epic riffs and with no single ordinary vocal... and with the atmosphere that others can only dream of creating :wink:
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:29 pm

... I know it's useless, but I like to add: with lyrics, the best Carl ever did.
*notworthy* thanx angry bob *notworthy*

.... @ WBB .. no it isn't !
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
Oskar Terramortis
Leviathan

Post by Oskar Terramortis » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:36 pm

oldnephilim wrote:... I know it's useless, but I like to add: with lyrics, the best Carl ever did.
*notworthy* thanx angry bob *notworthy*

.... @ WBB .. no it isn't !

The angrier malaka strikes again!! *whistle*

But im 1000% agree with u Anti Cristo

@Tom i`m 1000% agree with u too! the best Lyrics ever!
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:30 pm

angry bob *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*

Tom- In total agreement with you,Carl's best lyrics so far :D :D *cthulhu*
razorious
Psychonaut

Post by razorious » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:55 pm

angry bob wrote:Oh good old thing on zoon is back! No one manages to make me as happy on here as you Ted :mrgreen:
Put your stories on Zoon as being heavy metal/thrash metal shite/bollocks on a shelf with fairy tales, mate... As much as i love Slayer and maybe few others of this sort, Zoon simply makes them all sound like garage bands... Its not something you achieve by going for two months to a studio for a regular proper recording session, then spending another two months producing it, and finally releasing it. If that was a case we would have heard it in 93 and maybe then your arguments could have meant something... Working on 50 minutes music for almost five years gave it that little extra special which you just can't get into because you hate the base this music is formed on... Yes its a metal record. A metal masterpiece, with epic riffs and with no single ordinary vocal... and with the atmosphere that others can only dream of creating :wink:
YES, YES, YES!!!
*notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*
Reanimators - Greek Legion
Talma
Moonchild

Post by Talma » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:13 pm

angry bob wrote: Oh good old thing on zoon is back! No one manages to make me as happy on here as you Ted :mrgreen:
YES, this!!!
squishy wrote: Thank you, Talma: I've always believed that I'm the only person in the universe fcuked up enough to sincerely think that McCoy at his hoarsest sounds more like Waits than anybody else (with the sole exception of Rowlf, who sounds just like both of them). Ah, the relief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cn2osC5 ... re=related
8)
Off topic, but since you brought up Rowlf (which I do agree sounds like both of them, a common influence perhaps) I thought I'd bring up the last thing I saw of him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggaWaK5d23Y
'The serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die...your eyes shall be opened & ye shall be as gods, knowing good & evil.'
Talma
Moonchild

Post by Talma » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:14 pm

oldnephilim wrote:... I know it's useless, but I like to add: with lyrics, the best Carl ever did.
Also, THIS!!!
ian
Leviathan

Post by ian » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Mr Angry *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*

Ted ya a cn#t *whistle*
Blue Angel
Nephilim

Post by Blue Angel » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:06 pm

Jesus is this thread still alive?

Never has such a topic divided Nephilim opinion so much...

(...apart from maybe mystical bollox!)

:roll:
Fields of the Neffalump

Jism!
SumerSon
Watcher

Post by SumerSon » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:54 pm

My opinion about Zoon is that Carl definately played METAL in a NEPHILIM way... Some people loved it, some others hated it and some others (including me) consider it just a good release... nothing more nothing less! :twisted:
Sumerland Holds me... in Sumerian Haze !
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

REANIMATORS - GREEK LEGION