Zoon - Ten Years on

Discuss about the albums and videos the band has released over the years. The band we are talking about here is of course F.O.T.N. and not side-projects, similar bands etc. Please use other sections if you want to talk about the weather.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Ten years on - Your opinion on Zoon

Creative low point - it's still bollocks
8%
Nothing special now or then
13%
Hated it then but now it's ok
7%
Hated it then but now it's great
13%
Loved it then - Love it now.
41%
Creative high point
20%

Total votes: 143
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:29 pm

oldnephilim wrote:
gingerpazuzu wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* Iwant a t-shirt saying that!
perfect - my dear zoon-sister in arms ! *notworthy*

well the t-shirt maybe worth a pint! try to get some
to london next time!

PLAY ZOON YA CNUTS !
Or maybe Zooners of Mercy *cthulhu*
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: *notworthy* *notworthy*
Jake
Moonchild

Post by Jake » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:24 am

Personal taste I've loved "metal" for a long time I've played in a loud angry punk rock band for years so a lot of Zoon is up my street Black Rain as one example is awesome. I am as it happens just a tad obsessed by the nuclear age- I have been to Hiroshima and was in fact listening to the nephs every day on me walkman over there mostly Mourning Sun, though I liked a lot at the time - as an over all album I prefer zoon- seriously!!!!
I like the thrash of it all, McCoys voice was on top form, much angrier than anything done in the past, it has a good audio feel sample wise and musical variation. I like the fact Shine is a sort of classic on the road rock sound and yet theres some palatable thrash metal with other tracks. I like what I like metal was more my bag in 88 aged 14 some of 89 the year I got into the neph and it went out the window when I'd found something that had a lot more meaning. so this turns out to be no bad mix for me I think Carl pulled this one off well its entirely my own opinion even before joining these forums was aware it divides fans.

I also not gonna forget having sort of not being as enthusiastic about the Nephs once they stopped. Actually knew nothing about Rubicorn until years after and that was no loss. Then in 1996 saw an advert for Nefilim at The Astoria about 6 quid to get in as I recall. saw the logo and I'm like is it- must be has to be something related to fields even though it spell different. Took a chance and took a disaster girlfriend on our first date there as it happens. Not a good one girlfriend wise that time but fuckin hell I was blown away by this incarnation, first of all I was a bit like WTF is this metal stuff but then I'm like this is brutal and just as dark as Fields just in a different way and getting I think it was 4 fields songs in the set just an added bonus.

So said my piece on why I liked Zoon in 1996 and love it in 2009

cheers
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:40 am

Beautifully put :D *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *cthulhu*
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:47 pm

Jake wrote:Personal taste I've loved "metal" for a long time I've played in a loud angry punk rock band for years so a lot of Zoon is up my street Black Rain as one example is awesome. I am as it happens just a tad obsessed by the nuclear age- I have been to Hiroshima and was in fact listening to the nephs every day on me walkman over there mostly Mourning Sun, though I liked a lot at the time - as an over all album I prefer zoon- seriously!!!!
I like the thrash of it all, McCoys voice was on top form, much angrier than anything done in the past, it has a good audio feel sample wise and musical variation. I like the fact Shine is a sort of classic on the road rock sound and yet theres some palatable thrash metal with other tracks. I like what I like metal was more my bag in 88 aged 14 some of 89 the year I got into the neph and it went out the window when I'd found something that had a lot more meaning. so this turns out to be no bad mix for me I think Carl pulled this one off well its entirely my own opinion even before joining these forums was aware it divides fans.

I also not gonna forget having sort of not being as enthusiastic about the Nephs once they stopped. Actually knew nothing about Rubicorn until years after and that was no loss. Then in 1996 saw an advert for Nefilim at The Astoria about 6 quid to get in as I recall. saw the logo and I'm like is it- must be has to be something related to fields even though it spell different. Took a chance and took a disaster girlfriend on our first date there as it happens. Not a good one girlfriend wise that time but fuckin hell I was blown away by this incarnation, first of all I was a bit like WTF is this metal stuff but then I'm like this is brutal and just as dark as Fields just in a different way and getting I think it was 4 fields songs in the set just an added bonus.

So said my piece on why I liked Zoon in 1996 and love it in 2009

cheers
got a beer from me! :wink:
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
Jake
Moonchild

Post by Jake » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:40 am

cheers look fwd to a cold one with zoon blasting out *notworthy*
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:49 pm

This is my 666 post ... and bloody hell, ZOON's fcuking great, ya cnuts !!!

PLAY ZOON YA CNUTS !!!

*cthulhu* *cthulhu* *cthulhu* *cthulhu* *cthulhu* *cthulhu*
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:55 pm

oldnephilim wrote:This is my 666 post ... and bloody hell, ZOON's fcuking great, ya cnuts !!!

PLAY ZOON YA CNUTS !!!

I'm bitterly disappointed: those Cthulhus, there's not even 333 of them, let alone 666!
remember what the doorknob said
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:02 pm

congratulations my Zoon brother *cthulhu* *cthulhu* *cthulhu* *cthulhu*
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:49 pm

gingerpazuzu wrote:congratulations my Zoon brother *cthulhu* *cthulhu* *cthulhu* *cthulhu*

and my 667th post goes out to my sister in zoons!
cheers ginger !

*cthulhu*
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:43 pm

Recently listened to Zoon parts 1&2 for the first time in ages, due to my old CD being worn out (cos it's so good).... and I have to say that this song is SUPERB. So there.
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:56 pm

Lord Mureth wrote:Recently listened to Zoon parts 1&2 for the first time in ages, due to my old CD being worn out (cos it's so good).... and I have to say that this song is SUPERB. So there.
It is, fullstop.
remember what the doorknob said
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:36 pm

It is Zoontastic! *cthulhu* *cthulhu* *cthulhu*
aidy
Dawnrazor

Post by aidy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:28 am

im going to put my bit in here

it will be a bit differnt to a lot off you and will cause some contreversy

but 2 things

I LIKE ZOON

I LIKE METAL

NOT PONSY METAL THOUGH I DO ADD METAL WITH BOLLOX

aidy
TELL ME ? WHERES YOUR LOVE ?? TELL ME ? WHERES YOUR HEART ??
http://www.myspace.com/dawnrazoraidy
hellboy69
Dawnrazor

Post by hellboy69 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:33 pm

aidy wrote:

NOT PONSY METAL THOUGH I DO ADD METAL WITH BOLLOX
with............. Mystical b *cthulhu* ll *cthulhu* x ?

:D
in the swirling pool of blood and brains...
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:08 pm

I luv metal! forks, spoons ,knives - useful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7L7XsHKCVs
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:25 pm

I luv da mehal... this mah fayvrit un! Shhhh!
Charley Silver
Moonchild

Post by Charley Silver » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:21 pm

Tongue firmly embedded in cheek here.

I forced myself to like it back in '96 but apart from Shine and the Xodus remix, it's not really stood the test of time.

Maybe, I'll give it another go.
'Morning, son!
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:44 pm

^^^^^^^^*notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:37 pm

When their hatred becomes so blind they are forced to write down such bullshit and keep talkin about it for 13 years...

Yeah some people really hate it... Don't you get bored of it? :lol: :wink: