Helldone - the official DVD?

Discuss about the albums and videos the band has released over the years. The band we are talking about here is of course F.O.T.N. and not side-projects, similar bands etc. Please use other sections if you want to talk about the weather.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

squishy
Nephilim

Helldone - the official DVD?

Post by squishy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:15 pm

Not a figment of my imagination, it seems; check out for yourselves:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =386241294

(thanks to the well-informed people at sumerland.devin.com:
http://sumerland.devin.com/news.shtml
Hope you don't mind)
remember what the doorknob said
scardwel
Leviathan

Post by scardwel » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:24 pm

That's weird 'cause I didn't recall seeing a camera crew at the gig. :?

Unless it's going to be another bootleg effort a la 'Genesis & Revelation'?
Last Facebook For The Blocked!
Coco
Dawnrazor

Post by Coco » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:11 am

Oh yes, there were cameras. Pretty damn cool news, I´m sure IF this will be published, it will be a high-quality dvd.

High hopes!
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:17 am

Hmmmm.... interesting. Wish they'd have shed some light on the Astoria DVD.

So they're just waiting on Carl's seal of approval for releasing the Helldone DVD?

Much as I'd like to see it, I don't plan on holding my breath.... *whistle*
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:53 am

So it's now the Sleepers CD EP (and possibly the rest of the finished and finalized "Fallen"), the Astoria DVD, the Helldone DVD...... Let alone the new album :|

There's that great NMA song, 'Waiting', with such a nice chorus. It's uncanny how often I hum the chorus to myself thinking about all those official and half-official FotN "release projects" :?
remember what the doorknob said
Don
Dawnrazor

Post by Don » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:40 pm

squishy wrote:So it's now the Sleepers CD EP (and possibly the rest of the finished and finalized "Fallen"), the Astoria DVD, the Helldone DVD...... Let alone the new album :|

There's that great NMA song, 'Waiting', with such a nice chorus. It's uncanny how often I hum the chorus to myself thinking about all those official and half-official FotN "release projects" :?
It's a bit like busses - you wait for ages and then three of them come at once (hopefully)! :lol:
Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:55 pm

Let alone the new album :|

Dream on, you wish :D
Perennite
Psychonaut

Post by Perennite » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:59 pm

Don wrote:It's a bit like busses - you wait for ages and then three of them come at once (hopefully)! :lol:
With buses it is always this immortal question
"WHERE IS THE BUS?"
Silent Watcher
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:56 pm

Don
Dawnrazor

Post by Don » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:57 pm

From the Sumerland site news:
Lauri over at Between Death and the Devil announced yesterday
that the Helldone DVD is completed to the liking of both Lauri and Mr. McCoy. That's the good news.
The bad news is, there are no sure plans to
release it: "The Helldone footage was edited on spec within the Shadow
Theatre, which means neither the band nor the record label were required
to provide our crew with a preliminary postproduction budget. This also
means the final release plan remains to be settled with Transcend Media
Group, which is something that can be accomplished with any certainty
only when the product is finalized and ready to be turned over."

Oh, yeah, and did we mention that Seven Management has been merged with Transcend Media Group?

There are many fans around the world who would support such a DVD --
right? If I may, I'd like to suggest a couple of ways to show it. One: Write
to the folks at Transcend and urge them to invest in it. Two: Buy the Live
in Dusseldorf DVD when it comes out next week to show that Neph fans
are still interested in such things.
Get those emails in, people (and it probably wouldn't hurt to mention "Sleepers" while you're about it.
IIRC there was mention of it possibly being used in the future as some sort of bonus disc).
Rorschach
Dawnrazor

Post by Rorschach » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:04 pm

Looks pretty damn good.

I have to say, though, after seeing that second still....

FISH!!!!!

Rorschach
Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:00 am

What the hell ....if it is ready and approved just give it to us..... :roll: before he will change his mind.... :wink:

If they suffer financial problems they can do pre-order, or produce only limited edition, or find a sponsor like MH...
BTW :I totally adore names of all involved :'Shadow Theatre' "Transcend Media Group', 'Seven Management' *cthulhu*

:lol: Do not use MAGICK use MARKETING :lol:
Don
Dawnrazor

Post by Don » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:02 pm

More news from Sumerland:
We have further news on the forthcoming FOTN DVD (no, not Dusseldorf -- the other one). The Shepherd's Bush shows will also be recorded, as with Astoria and Helldone, and the material will be compiled onto a new DVD. This comes from Rob Ferguson, who manages FOTN for the Transcend Media Group.

He says the Shepherd's Bush "really will be the highlight of the year, as far as the band is concerned," and adds that fans shouldn't expect a straight chronological set list, though some of Carl McCoy's comments to date might suggest such.
Assuming it materialises, we can hopefully expect a large portion of the back catalogue to be covered.
Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:52 pm

So... there will be more practice in waiting...and waiting...and waiting...and waiting....lovely.
You never know what's in store for you *whistle*
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:34 am

Poison Ivy wrote:So... there will be more practice in waiting...and waiting...and waiting...and waiting....lovely.
You never know what's in store for you *whistle*
yes but in THIS thread you said you PREFERED waiting...

viewtopic.php?p=37373&highlight=#37373
He does what he feels and in time when he feels, I prefer to wait for something splendid than to get something being produced under presure - but I know it is only me.
:?: :?: :?:
Blue Angel
Nephilim

Post by Blue Angel » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:22 am

Lord Mureth wrote:Hmmmm.... interesting. Wish they'd have shed some light on the Astoria DVD.

So they're just waiting on Carl's seal of approval for releasing the Helldone DVD?

Much as I'd like to see it, I don't plan on holding my breath.... *whistle*
Astoria was binned Cause either (a) the performance was not up to Smalls' standard or (b) Stanley fooked it right up or (c) both

Hence BDD were brought in... See Buzzard if you'd come to The Sequel all this would have become clear...

*whistle*
Fields of the Neffalump

Jism!
Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:03 pm

BAU - relax :lol:

One sentence is true and the second also is true, even if they are in different context.

1) I can wait how long it will take to get splendid Carl's new material -according NEW MATERIAL
I have all my lifetime for it, and it will come when he will be rady.
He is the only artist meets my true WILL of waiting for his ART.
You now it.

2) I can even treat some 'waiting process' as a test of my character - that is why I have written according DVD that it will be more practice in waiting, but it is said that DVD production is ready for relise, and Carl already approved the material and already perform that live show - so c'mmon that are things WORTH waiting, and things a little less WORTH waiting, as -> no go to 3)

3) I am a human, and IMHO we have dualism in nature, so I can feel sometimes bad emmotions: anger, irritation, disappointment, hate, annoyance...I can feel all of it, I am no angel - and while I do, there is no need to deny it, better to accept it.
I tell you more - I can even use them sometimes to get what I want, it is so much easier than too feel love, compassion and sympathy.
You can call it a Shadow if you prefer Jungs nomenclature, so I can go down, even if my pernament will is going up.

But if I do, than I have to stand alown with my immage looking out of the mirror, look at myself without any excuses - and ask - was it worth it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Simply saing : there are more shades of grey than we are willingly to aknowledge, but we still have our honour to show us the way.
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:27 pm

Poison Ivy wrote:BAU - relax :lol:
never! where the mosh pit!

3) I am a human, and IMHO we have dualism in nature, so I can feel sometimes bad emmotions: anger, irritation, disappointment, hate, annoyance...I can feel all of it, I am no angel - and while I do, there is no need to deny it, better to accept it.
I tell you more - I can even use them sometimes to get what I want, it is so much easier than too feel love, compassion and sympathy.
:shock: you use things like anger and hate etc to get what you want more than choosing love and compassion etc. ? Easier?? IMO that is a very unhealthy attitude! I thought you studied the kabbalah?
Personaly I could never accept or understand that, sorry.
And with that you have my compassion and sympathy :(
Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:40 pm

Bau wrote:
:shock: you use things like anger and hate etc to get what you want more than choosing love and compassion etc. ? Easier?? IMO that is a very unhealthy attitude! I thought you studied the kabbalah?
Bau you are truly killing me ! :lol:
Kaballah will not tell you that you are an angel, will tel you what is the difference between malachi and a human, but to use negative energy in the way you want to is not that tradition, it is more chaos magic, and chaos magic is for magic like chasyd for kabbalah, but I am more than sure thet you will not understand me again :cry: no metter how hard I try it is clear that I still cannot get to you :|
You see - I know NOTHING.
You take what you want ignoring the rest of it, it is not so nice, you know. :wink:
...but our little conversation is not about DVD of FotN anymore, so if we would continue it, it should be not here I suppose :lol:
I will get my copy of that gig from another source anyway I hope *whistle*
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:07 pm

Poison Ivy wrote:
Bau wrote:
Bau you are truly killing me ! :lol:
Kaballah will not tell you that you are an angel, will tel you what is the difference between malachi and a human, but to use negative energy in the way you want to is not that tradition, it is more chaos magic, and chaos magic is for magic like chasyd for kabbalah, but I am more than sure thet you will not understand me again :cry: no metter how hard I try it is clear that I still cannot get to you :|
You see - I know NOTHING.
You take what you want ignoring the rest of it, it is not so nice, you know. :wink:
...but our little conversation is not about DVD of FotN anymore, so if we would continue it, it should be not here I suppose :lol:
I will get my copy of that gig from another source anyway I hope *whistle*