Apocalypse Now... What ya gonna do?

A forum to discuss the more arcane side of FOTN. If you want a more serious discussion on FOTN then you'll find it here.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

KaosCrow
Moonchild

Apocalypse Now... What ya gonna do?

Post by KaosCrow » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:41 pm

“This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.” T.S. Elliot

Despite the seeming lack of prophecy in the Mayan records of impending doom, we approach the winter solstice of 2012CE, and our planet seems in dire crisis.

Depending on how we measure, an Apocalypse will occur imminently; has gotten underway; or might have already happened!

Our seas have risen, our ice melts and we cling perilously close to a global high tide. More than one billion people live on the equivalent of less than 1USD per day, and another 2billion + of us, on less than the equivalent of 2USD per day. Behind each number a mother, father, child.

Our disastrous doings come at great cost to all non-human people; as well, the geosphere and biosphere, suffer great strain. Our increasing demand for mineral resources to empower living that trashes the planet for unhealthy gains. Many of our resource deposits already got expended, or sit at peak.

From the precipice, we may see the expanse of a scorched earth and a future that seems catastrophic. Our anthropomorphic doings over the last centuries have not delivered us a manifest golden age of enlightenment, but seem to offer naught but the quickening decay of human accelerated entropy.

Our stories and legends fill us with tales of cataclysm, stories that tell of, or forewarn of, great disaster. Religious thinking, diffused and penetrated our doings, from church to board room and they preach dissonant creeds that seem to serve planetary destruction, leading us beyond the grasp of limitation, not to godhead, but to the inferno of strife. Escatology driven by ignorance and fear.

Seeking to avert further disaster and focus the great work of magic towards enlightened action and result; Wizards and Sorcerers band together to illuminate a path forward. Over six years, our group of diverse and talented mages' collectively take to the fight head on. Bringing to bear the might of psi attack, to take on, and best, political, corporate and religious targets; accessing the panpsychosphere to simultaneously rearrange and retool the meme sphere to create a world, fit for holistic purpose.

The Marshall's, Dames and Knights of Chaos extend a warm and welcome hand of sororal & fraternal greetings and invite anyone who shares concern, to join us in our next campaign. Equipped with bleeding edge techniques, technology and tools, and indeed distilled from our world wide traditions of sorcery via Chaos Magic. We will again campaign, change and build a reality labyrinth that we can all value and find place in.

Our rallying point and meeting place sits within the halls of the Manifest yet Unseen University of Arcanorium College. From where we will dedicate six weeks of militarized magical practice, strategy and active conjuration. We seek to divine, enchant, invoke, evoke and illuminate.
We welcome all adept in the arts, and encourage those that feel that they might realise their innate potential to create realities and futures anew.

The campaign will certainly test and tire, we offer no comfortable quarter, for the creation of a new world proves strenuous work of the highest order. We offer instruction, mutual support and camaraderie. The prize? A glorious future!

Hail Eris!

KaosCrow
xxx
"Nothing is true, it's all a load of b*//*cks"
Hassan ali Baba
markandre13
Leviathan

Re: Apocalypse Now... What ya gonna do?

Post by markandre13 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:46 pm

KaosCrow wrote:More than one billion people live on the equivalent of less than 1USD per day, and another 2billion + of us, on less than the equivalent of 2USD per day.
Our rallying point and meeting place sits within the halls of the Manifest yet Unseen University of Arcanorium College.
"The registration fees for Arcanorium College are UK£60 for 12 months or UK£20 for 3 months." :shock:

I was about to spend a hundred bucks for some NGO this year again but if the Apocalypse is near, and inevitable me thinks, then I'd better invest that into a folding chair, a place on a flat roof overlooking the Apocalypse in all it's horrible beauty and my MP3 player. *smoking*
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:44 pm

markandre13 wrote:
KaosCrow wrote:More than one billion people live on the equivalent of less than 1USD per day, and another 2billion + of us, on less than the equivalent of 2USD per day.
Our rallying point and meeting place sits within the halls of the Manifest yet Unseen University of Arcanorium College.
"The registration fees for Arcanorium College are UK£60 for 12 months or UK£20 for 3 months." :shock:

I was about to spend a hundred bucks for some NGO this year again but if the Apocalypse is near, and inevitable me thinks, then I'd better invest that into a folding chair, a place on a flat roof overlooking the Apocalypse in all it's horrible beauty and my MP3 player. *smoking*

... excellent plan, may I add a couple of drinks, drugs, chicks ...... and so :mrgreen:
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
Dreadbear
Psychonaut

Post by Dreadbear » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Yawn! This 2012 doomsday is pure nonesense. it´s sad people getting fooled by this! Please check out the following link:

www.2012hoax.org

Of course there is a end of days but we are happy enough to not know when it will happen!

This is the end...of discussion!
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Thanks for this.
I can't help wishing though that the authorities better protect us from any eventuality of risk by preventing them and informing the people of how to live sanely.
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:02 pm

Ngie wrote:I can't help wishing though that the authorities better protect us from any eventuality of risk by preventing them and informing the people of how to live sanely.
As the authorities are also people, this may become a bit tricky.
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:37 am

markandre13 wrote:
Ngie wrote:I can't help wishing though that the authorities better protect us from any eventuality of risk by preventing them and informing the people of how to live sanely.
As the authorities are also people, this may become a bit tricky.
Authorities ? Nah. Too expensive.

Actually, I pretty much agree with Max Brook when he stated that the Katrina debacle is the founding moment of the XXIth century. A whole city ended up flooded because of municipal negligence, and what did the authorities do for Ye People ? Bugger all except patting themselves on the back. Ah, yes, when someone came, it was private contractors in order to protect businesses and shoot "looters". God forbid poor lost buggers might help themselves to a loaf of bread and a bit of water. Let 'em rot.

They'd probably decide that saving the world would be bad for the economy…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:31 am

ThomasB wrote:and what did the authorities do for Ye People ? Bugger all except patting themselves on the back.
Maybe I'm too idealistic, but considering the voter participation and the passive role the majority of the people take in our democracies, I see it as their fault having failed to get their asses up and organise the politics they want.
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:29 am

markandre13 wrote:
ThomasB wrote:and what did the authorities do for Ye People ? Bugger all except patting themselves on the back.
Maybe I'm too idealistic, but considering the voter participation and the passive role the majority of the people take in our democracies, I see it as their fault having failed to get their asses up and organise the politics they want.
Simple, logical, irrevocable. Where's the ideal here ?

A humanist would look things beyond this radical statement and wonder why people are such pitiously passive and why they fail abysmally in fighting for their rights -if only in defending their patch, why they're such lost facing the absurdity of the result whatever they vote for or even abstinate voting. Those questions raised fall within the competence of humanists before traders. The problem as it seems lays in that those who are in the driving seat are more interested in maintaining their ass there making virtual profit than in taking their high responsibilities. We need more control over those authorities who lead us such appallingly.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:33 am

markandre13 wrote:
Somehow, when I hear this argument, I think about all the rapist arsehole in the world who ALL claim that "the bitch had it coming"… When the game is rigged at every step, it's easy to blame the weakest.
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:13 am

ThomasB wrote:Somehow, when I hear this argument, I think about all the rapist arsehole in the world who ALL claim that "the bitch had it coming"… When the game is rigged at every step, it's easy to blame the weakest.
Yeah but that's hardly the situation in a democracy. Make that a rapist alone with 100 or more people of his preferred gender and you'll have an argument.

I have some friends who give most of their sparetime to political work and when then see people who are only lamenting about those on "top" or don't even care to go to the polls, then I'd like to scream to them: It's you! It's you who is on top!

But the more people forget about this and want some strong man on top to do the thinking for them, the more we'll fall back into monarchy.
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:18 am

Ngie wrote:A humanist would look things beyond this radical statement and wonder why people are such pitiously passive and why they fail abysmally in fighting for their rights
Because they don't want to carry the burden being in the drivers seat while others have fun being there.
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:06 pm

Shave the trader : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9ix9o ... ve-the_fun

"Cutting razors sounding violin
Recalling cutthroats razor sin"
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:02 am

I've read more that twenty years ago that someone invented razors which last for years. So the company behind this is either among the disposable razor conspiracy or doesn't know its business. Damn! My Braun I got as a teenager for my birthday lasted for more than twenty years without news blades until it plunged into the toilet. That's it. Game over. End of the crispy sizzling razor sound...
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:14 pm

markandre13 wrote:
Ngie wrote:A humanist would look things beyond this radical statement and wonder why people are such pitiously passive and why they fail abysmally in fighting for their rights
Because they don't want to carry the burden being in the drivers seat while others have fun being there.
Burden rhymes with fun though :o :?
markandre13 wrote:I have some friends who give most of their sparetime to political work and when then see people who are only lamenting about those on "top" or don't even care to go to the polls, then I'd like to scream to them: It's you! It's you who is on top!

But the more people forget about this and want some strong man on top to do the thinking for them, the more we'll fall back into monarchy.
The old monarchy and patriarchy will go on as long as it'll maintain people under abuse, as long as it'll settle its base on skinning their naivety, and of course that requires some people on both parts. Now I'm happy to share this new. Look at this:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002721617
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Ngie wrote:Burden rhymes with fun though :o :?
Some prefer to spend their spare time in the garden with their family while others get a kick out of it administrating a company or a country.
What one sees as fun can be a burden for another and vise versa.
Ngie wrote:The old monarchy and patriarchy will go on as long as it'll maintain people under abuse, as long as it'll settle its base on skinning their naivety, and of course that requires some people on both parts.
And then there is that huge majority in the middle who doesn't give a fcuk. Just see what has become out of the Occupy movement which has failed to mobilize the majority.
I think it is mostly because of some crackpots with ideas unsellable to the majority. In Berlin there once was a demonstration against 3 different things. I was behind one and the other two I considered being bollocks. Naturally they failed to get me.

But I have hopes in voting systems like Liquid Feedback, which is used by the German Pirate Party and also experimented with by other German Parties as they might make it easier to form majorities. Not that they are perfect.
But they are fast and I can delegate my vote to someone I trust in case I don't want to work myself into every esoteric topic which demands a decision.

UPDATE: Maybe our slightly different argumentation also roots back a bit to our countries. I know there is all this pride in France about the French Revolution but which then happened to end up in a row of emperors and a state which is nowadays centralised in Paris and controlled by a so called "elite". According to what I have read.
In Germany the central government is weaker and when one looks where our chancellors and ministers come from, I also wouldn't say we have a strong "elite".
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:34 am

markandre13 wrote: But I have hopes in voting systems like Liquid Feedback, which is used by the German Pirate Party and also experimented with by other German Parties as they might make it easier to form majorities. Not that they are perfect.
Oh, come on. Have you read the Pirate Party's leader manifesto ? He explicitely states that music is crap and should go into public domain because it has a shelf life of one year (yeah, heaven forbid anyone should skip Beyonce and go for the Rolling stones, or even *shudder* classic music. Stuff before cellphones ! You gotta be fooking kidding !), but the software HE designs should be PROTECTED, ENFORCED, his rights WRITTEN IN STONE for a thousand years because it's all for ME ME ME. All they care about is getting fecking TV series for free, that's all, with a little bit of "WE are the elites and no one else because we have iPads up to our asses and everyone should bow before our superiority" thrown in, and "I want everything RIGHT NOW and fior free, or I'll stamp my little feet and throw a big tantrum". They are just pampered by big business, because when it comes to buying new toys, they open their wallet wide, that's all.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:14 am

ThomasB wrote:Oh, come on. Have you read the Pirate Party's leader manifesto ?
That is a different topic.

But yes, that's indeed bollocks. But this originally originated from a concern of government controlling and filtering the Internet. Given that sharing of art, which can be digitalized, over the internet can only be controlled with a filtering and observation infrastructure, the Pirates are against it.

I too see that as a huge dilemma.

But on the other hand, the media industry for the last years has behaved like a stupid bunch of retarded wanckers who do not know their business. Because: They do not want to sell their products which people are starving to get.

Newest example: I wanted to read the whole Stainless Steel Rat series from Harry Harrison. I bought the first book as an e-book at Amazon. Finished it by Sunday and then found out, that neither Amazon or iTunes had the second book. But the 3rd book and most of the others. Hu? Then Google lead me to a site where the complete series was available for download. Now guess what it was I did then?
When HBO releases a new episode in the German iTunes store of True Blood just after it was released in the US, I buy it.
When the BBC broadcasts a new episode of Doctor Who in the UK and waits until it ran synchronized on German TV before they are willing to sell it to me, guess what, I pull it via Bittorrent. I later bought most of it when it was released on DVD because I want them to produce more and more.

I also which that there'd be a way to pay the artists for bootlegs. Frank Zappa fetched the bootlegs and sold them himself. Why aren't most other artists doing that?
ThomasB wrote:but the software HE designs should be PROTECTED, ENFORCED, his rights WRITTEN IN STONE for a thousand years because it's all for ME ME ME.
Nope. They release the code for free under the BSD or GNU GPL. But here lies another mistake some Pirates make. The programmer then makes money by providing support for the software he wrote or even got paid to write it in the first place. And some Pirates think that likewise the Artists can make money by selling merch, giving concerts and so on. But they fail to recognize that some artists are not interested in that kind of self marketing.
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi guys, the debate on music business administration and piracy I live it to you as I'm not qualified neither much concerned byt it.
markandre13 wrote:Some prefer to spend their spare time in the garden with their family while others get a kick out of it administrating a company or a country.
Yes. There should be room enough for everybody to feel fine at their own right place.
markandre13 wrote:And then there is that huge majority in the middle who doesn't give a fcuk. Just see what has become out of the Occupy movement which has failed to mobilize the majority.
I think it is mostly because of some crackpots with ideas unsellable to the majority. In Berlin there once was a demonstration against 3 different things. I was behind one and the other two I considered being bollocks. Naturally they failed to get me.
Interesting idea.

markandre13 wrote:UPDATE: Maybe our slightly different argumentation also roots back a bit to our countries. I know there is all this pride in France about the French Revolution but which then happened to end up in a row of emperors and a state which is nowadays centralised in Paris and controlled by a so called "elite". According to what I have read.
In Germany the central government is weaker and when one looks where our chancellors and ministers come from, I also wouldn't say we have a strong "elite".
:lol: Possibly.

Allow me to say one thing the way i see it in an ecologist humainst way who wish not to worry any longer about the future and rather think apocalypse is soon over.

Like an unmatured child who makes evil during his games without having consciousness of it, only busy having fun discovering things, at the scale of the world the consequences of those games played on top are desastrous. It is high time that a comitee of wise people takes control over those who are on top of the world finance and who have no correct consideration of the consequence of their games. The question though is how can we achieve this.
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:49 pm

KaosCrow wrote:“This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.” T.S. Elliot

Despite the seeming lack of prophecy in the Mayan records of impending doom, we approach the winter solstice of 2012CE, and our planet seems in dire crisis.

Depending on how we measure, an Apocalypse will occur imminently; has gotten underway; or might have already happened!

Our seas have risen, our ice melts and we cling perilously close to a global high tide. More than one billion people live on the equivalent of less than 1USD per day, and another 2billion + of us, on less than the equivalent of 2USD per day. Behind each number a mother, father, child.

Our disastrous doings come at great cost to all non-human people; as well, the geosphere and biosphere, suffer great strain. Our increasing demand for mineral resources to empower living that trashes the planet for unhealthy gains. Many of our resource deposits already got expended, or sit at peak.

From the precipice, we may see the expanse of a scorched earth and a future that seems catastrophic. Our anthropomorphic doings over the last centuries have not delivered us a manifest golden age of enlightenment, but seem to offer naught but the quickening decay of human accelerated entropy.

Our stories and legends fill us with tales of cataclysm, stories that tell of, or forewarn of, great disaster. Religious thinking, diffused and penetrated our doings, from church to board room and they preach dissonant creeds that seem to serve planetary destruction, leading us beyond the grasp of limitation, not to godhead, but to the inferno of strife. Escatology driven by ignorance and fear.

Seeking to avert further disaster and focus the great work of magic towards enlightened action and result; Wizards and Sorcerers band together to illuminate a path forward. Over six years, our group of diverse and talented mages' collectively take to the fight head on. Bringing to bear the might of psi attack, to take on, and best, political, corporate and religious targets; accessing the panpsychosphere to simultaneously rearrange and retool the meme sphere to create a world, fit for holistic purpose.

The Marshall's, Dames and Knights of Chaos extend a warm and welcome hand of sororal & fraternal greetings and invite anyone who shares concern, to join us in our next campaign. Equipped with bleeding edge techniques, technology and tools, and indeed distilled from our world wide traditions of sorcery via Chaos Magic. We will again campaign, change and build a reality labyrinth that we can all value and find place in.

Our rallying point and meeting place sits within the halls of the Manifest yet Unseen University of Arcanorium College. From where we will dedicate six weeks of militarized magical practice, strategy and active conjuration. We seek to divine, enchant, invoke, evoke and illuminate.
We welcome all adept in the arts, and encourage those that feel that they might realise their innate potential to create realities and futures anew.

The campaign will certainly test and tire, we offer no comfortable quarter, for the creation of a new world proves strenuous work of the highest order. We offer instruction, mutual support and camaraderie. The prize? A glorious future!

Hail Eris!

KaosCrow
xxx
...Ah well, you gotta laugh through adversity! *cthulhu*
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"