Apocalypse Now... What ya gonna do?

A forum to discuss the more arcane side of FOTN. If you want a more serious discussion on FOTN then you'll find it here.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

markandre13
Leviathan

Re: Apocalypse Now... What ya gonna do?

Post by markandre13 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:25 pm

Ngie wrote:Allow me to say one thing the way i see it in an ecologist humainst way who wish not to worry any longer about the future and rather think apocalypse is soon over.
I stopped to worry about the future when I realized that our sun will die one day and this world will become inhabitable and that even the universe itself might end one day. And maybe it will all start over somewhere, somewhen. So if we screw up here, it will start somewhere again. Maybe it already has.
All we can do is trying to make this world a happy place for all living creatures. Till the day we eat them or kill them because they are an infection. :wink:
Ngie wrote:It is high time that a comitee of wise people takes control over those who are on top of the world finance and who have no correct consideration of the consequence of their games.
To cite my beloved Robert A. Heinlein said: A committee is a life form with six or more legs and no brain. :D
Just look at all those experts during the finance crisis who all disagree with each other. No one knows what is right or wrong. Politics/Economy lack a scientific method to validate the consequences of their decisions because human society is a too complex system.
The EU has founded several software projects to simulate society, like FuturICT, which could be used in the future to check what happens if one changes a tax, a law, etc.. But I doubt they might be able to handle it and that politicians will actually listen to them, still I believe that it is a great idea and a little help in decision making is better than none.

So far we can only try to achieve common sense, be kind and helpful to those around us and stand up when we see something is wrong. And be aware of false prophets. And keep talking. (Ugh. By these quotes FotN suddenly turn out to be highly political. :wink: )
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:59 pm

markandre13 wrote:I stopped to worry about the future when I realized that our sun will die one day and this world will become inhabitable and that even the universe itself might end one day. And maybe it will all start over somewhere, somewhen. So if we screw up here, it will start somewhere again. Maybe it already has.
All we can do is trying to make this world a happy place for all living creatures. Till the day we eat them or kill them because they are an infection. :wink:
Why going to such extremities !? As a start limiting their proliferation should be a priority with then curing them, but I guess you've watched too many of those zombie movies or perhaps you even keep one at your house!
markandre13 wrote:To cite my beloved Robert A. Heinlein said: A committee is a life form with six or more legs and no brain. :D
:shock: A trio of fella on heat I figure?
markandre13 wrote:Just look at all those experts during the finance crisis who all disagree with each other. No one knows what is right or wrong. Politics/Economy lack a scientific method to validate the consequences of their decisions because human society is a too complex system.
What makes it such complex if not the appetite and fight for getting the best part of the cake I wonder? Let's imagine we remove the possibility of something to win or gain with only left the sharing time energies binded to the same direction solidarity and altruism only.

markandre13 wrote: So far we can only try to achieve common sense, be kind and helpful to those around us and stand up when we see something is wrong. And be aware of false prophets. And keep talking. (Ugh. By these quotes FotN suddenly turn out to be highly political. :wink: )
Indeed : at least (h)ours ! *notworthy*

I copy paste the introduction to a video I've watched today.  : « A truly unique voyage into achieving everything you want without making a single request for yourself. It's amazing to note that when we practise altruism all our own needs are automatically met! Take this 30 minute voyage of giving and watch how, without asking, your kindnesses are repaid. It is truly a wonder of the universe.... To find out more about this unique approach, go to thereachapproach.co.uk »

It seems to contradict every logic, however it refers to what seems to be one of the strongest and ever laws of life.

There seems to reside the true definition of sheer faith. :wink:
Mark Anthony Quested wrote:
...Ah well, you gotta laugh through adversity! *cthulhu*
It could be cool to join the feast or to make some on much places on Earth, and even better to have our preferred artists with us. 8)
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:16 am

markandre13 wrote:
ThomasB wrote:
I also which that there'd be a way to pay the artists for bootlegs. Frank Zappa fetched the bootlegs and sold them himself. Why aren't most other artists doing that?
ThomasB wrote:but the software HE designs should be PROTECTED, ENFORCED, his rights WRITTEN IN STONE for a thousand years because it's all for ME ME ME.
Nope. They release the code for free under the BSD or GNU GPL. But here lies another mistake some Pirates make. The programmer then makes money by providing support for the software he wrote or even got paid to write it in the first place. And some Pirates think that likewise the Artists can make money by selling merch, giving concerts and so on. But they fail to recognize that some artists are not interested in that kind of self marketing.
Yes. It's written black on white. I'll try to find the link.

It might have been a good idea, but it has been hijacks by those who only cares about getting everything they want (well, TV shows, that's all the culture they know) for free and only for ME ME ME…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
KaosCrow
Moonchild

Post by KaosCrow » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:35 am

Ha, ha!
Still here and still fighting for our future...

I don't think any sane person really expecting anything to happen at the Winter Solstice of 2012 but that doesn't mean that the world ain't up shit creek and that we're heeded for disasters of huge magnitude in both the geological and social spheres of existence.

Hail Eris y'all!

KaosCrow
x
"Nothing is true, it's all a load of b*//*cks"
Hassan ali Baba