King Arthur 0 - UK archeaologists 1

A forum to discuss the more arcane side of FOTN. If you want a more serious discussion on FOTN then you'll find it here.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

King Arthur 0 - UK archeaologists 1

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:16 pm

King Arthur Pendragon loses human remains legal battle

A druid who went to the High Court to try to stop researchers examining ancient human remains found at Stonehenge has failed in his legal bid.

Self-styled druid King Arthur Pendragon wanted the remains found in 2008 to be reburied immediately.

He was fighting a Ministry of Justice decision allowing scientists at Sheffield University to analyse the samples for five more years.

His bid was rejected at a High Court hearing.

Source - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-14630468
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
Ngie
Leviathan

Re: King Arthur 0 - UK archeaologists 1

Post by Ngie » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:15 pm

One more example of what it makes when the appetite for money erases other values such as ethics and morals.
KaosCrow
Moonchild

Post by KaosCrow » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:10 pm

At the end of the day this was a battle for a pile of old bones. It seems to me that there are far more important battles worth fighting at the moment that could assist the living and those yet to be born into this world.

I would say that this case highlights a serious problem with much neo pagan thinking in that it seems to value the past much more than the future. Just look at King Arthur himself strutting around in a white robe, wearing a crown and carrying a sword. Do you think the real King Arthur were he alive today would dress so absurdly? He'd more than likely wear an Armani suit I'd imagine!

Hail Eris!
KaosCrow
xxx
"Nothing is true, it's all a load of b*//*cks"
Hassan ali Baba
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:26 am

Ngie wrote:One more example of what it makes when the appetite for money erases other values such as ethics and morals.
You mean that there's money in it for "King Arthur" and that's why he's trampling on scientific ethics and morals? Damn bastard... :P
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:06 pm

I was thinking of the money coming from ratings/recycling as everything which catches the attention of the medias sells and every meat might it be dead or alive -if only the time of flashes on it- vultures turn into gold.

Being not a dog I don't care for buried/unburied bones and have no clue about that King Arthur of this shabby insignificant story. :lol: