Official yeti probe planned after recent sightings

A forum to discuss the more arcane side of FOTN. If you want a more serious discussion on FOTN then you'll find it here.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:13 am

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/38/20110323/to ... 5b8e8.html

Government officials in Siberia are planning to set up a special research institute dedicated to the study of yetis following a number of recent mysterious sightings of the folkloric creature.

Official yeti probe planned after recent sightings Enlarge photo Hominology experts, who are lined up to lead the studies at Kemerovo University, are eager to prove their existence after people in remote parts of the region claim to have caught a glimpse of the elusive being.

According to 15 witness statements by Siberian locals in the Kemerovo region, 7-ft tall, hairy, manlike creatures have been spotted wandering the Mount Shoria wilderness, with one man even claiming to have saved a yeti from drowning in a river while hunting.

Villager, Afanasy Kiskorov in Tashtagol reportedly witnessed the yeti activity first-hand. He said: "Their bodies were covered in red-and-black fur and they could climb trees. The creature was screaming in fear after falling into a swollen mountain river."

Despite the alleged sightings, no photographic evidence as yet confirms the existence of the 'abominable snowmen.'

However, hair specimens, large footprints and huge branch shelters in forests have fuelled scientific belief to traces of the yetis, described as the 'Neanderthal ancestors of man.'

Officials of the Kemerovo administration in western Siberia have said that organising an institute or a scientific centre would be a logical continuation of research into the yeti.

Dr. Igor Burtsev, director of the International Center of Hominology, will join the brand new research unit if the plans go ahead. He said: "In Russia there are about 30 authoritative scientists who are engaged in studying the phenomenon of the abonimable snowman."

"All of them will be integrated into this institute. The primary goal is to establish contact with one of the creatures."

Dr. Burtsev told Russian newspaper Itar Press after a yeti expedition last year: "I saw markers (half-broken branches) the creature uses to mark the controlled territory. In the woods I have found several artifacts to confirm my theory. I plan to find the Bigfoot's shelter and even try to contact the creature."

Speaking on 'Friday Night with Jonathan Ross' in 2009, British wildlife expert David Attenborough said he believed that there was very convincing evidence that yetis do exist.

The Administration of Kemerovo, the regional government, will announce its final decision on whether they will implement the research institute after it hosts an international conference on yetis later this year.

Written by Gaby Leslie
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
Ngie
Leviathan

Re: Official yeti probe planned after recent sightings

Post by Ngie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:59 am

Whatever may be I wish they leave the yetis alone !
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:14 pm

Someone had a bad hair day ?
Do yetis get IUTs ?
*whistle*
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:24 pm

Why are you enquiring about our hair's life and what do you mean about getting IUT's ? I doubt yetis go to Technological Universitary Institute except if you make reference to some pale faces wearing black clothes heavy shoes and long long hair.. perhaps? :roll: :mrgreen:
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:53 pm

Ngie wrote:Whatever may be I wish they leave the yetis alone !
Despite my being very, very hairy, I should point out that I have never been to Seberia!
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:51 pm

All they are going to find is an old wanker by the name of Aleister Crowley dressed in a red mammoth fur with patches of white ice.
Last edited by markandre13 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:43 pm

Ngie wrote:Why are you enquiring about our hair's life and what do you mean about getting IUT's ? I doubt yetis go to Technological Universitary Institute except if you make reference to some pale faces wearing black clothes heavy shoes and long long hair.. perhaps? :roll: :mrgreen:
Bad play on words (yeti… IUT… Ah, fuggedabadit !) :wink:

I'm of the hairy persuasion as well, but if someone tries to capture me, I holler ! :mrgreen:
Last edited by ThomasB on Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
EatKnuckle
Psychonaut

Post by EatKnuckle » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:21 am

This article is all messed up!

Official human probe planned after recent sightings

Government officials in Yetia are planning to set up a special research institute dedicated to the study of humans following a number of recent mysterious sightings of the folkloric creature.
...cover his face...
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:53 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:10 pm

gingerpazuzu wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Might be good for you to put out another business…
Ladies and gentlemen, I hereby introduces you to…
The YETI HAIR EMPORIUM !!!!
It's right next to the pubic hair emporium
Yes, I'm bored.
And, of course, outta here…

:wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by ThomasB on Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:22 pm

*notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:14 pm

Look up.. look down :roll:

« if someone tries to capture me I holler » whereas those who speak with signs (not monkeys : des signes pas des singes) bearded, hairy as the yeti rather use the language of the mute.
From the yeti to the beardless asian, those opposites who haven’t ever meet yet -so says the myth- raise the question : to shave or not to shave. *cthulhu* :mrgreen: :lol:

« if someone tries to capture me I holler » Of course you can holler, because if you were mute you’d rather need to use braille although it doesn’t seem appropriate to the situation anyway. FUDGABUTI*

Perhaps we find here the explanation why western men persue asian women : in fact they’re after the yeti as a reminiscence of their wild inner part and a reminder of their roots.

A track of explanation should consist in the sighting of how both feed.
One goes to Emporium to feed on corpses which others killed. Doing as this one signs one's loss of the Sensorium.
The yeti instead who doesn’t go to Emporium -I guess- has kept the Sensorium and wouldn’t kill to feed.

So where is humanity might bother to elucidate the nephilim?

(*) Here’s a video about how to make some fudge abouti at the risk of becoming a fudge addict: <http://www.ehow.co.uk/video_2333845_bea ... wnies.html>