New Album!

A forum to discuss the more arcane side of FOTN. If you want a more serious discussion on FOTN then you'll find it here.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

markandre13
Leviathan

New Album!

Post by markandre13 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:16 pm

I always loved it that the FotNs said that Psychonaut was their worst video while at the same time, that it was their best and that it expressed everything the band was about.

It allowed us to make up our own minds, to believe whatever we wanted to believe. Now, 25 years later, I finally came around to read this:
In 'Psychonaut' Peter J. Carol wrote:It is a species of operation mindfuck applied to ourselves as much as the world. The aim is to produce inspiration and enlightenment through disordering our belief structures. Humor, random belief, counter-information, and disinformation are its techniques.

To take an innocuous example, I usually advocate astrology persuasively to ordinary people but ridicule it to my magician friends.
In that spirit I have to announce two important things:
  • The new FotN album has already been released in June as a binaural recording and is rumoured to include former band members to work around the impossibility of overdubbing with this recording method. The merchant selling it is still unknown but he is located neither in Europe nor North America.
  • Everything written in "Nod's corner" was fact and indeed written by Nod.
And remember, you know it's true because you read it on the Internet. *cthulhu*
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
YorkshireNephilim
Moonchild

Re: New Album!

Post by YorkshireNephilim » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:55 am

May the FNORD be with you!
markandre13
Leviathan

Re: New Album!

Post by markandre13 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:20 pm

Indeed.

And, somehow related, I just happened to stumble over the famous poet Ern Malley.
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson