first impression about the eden house

A forum for all things Eden House related.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

almagast
Moonchild

first impression about the eden house

Post by almagast » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:26 pm

boring. the female vocalist is mediocre and the music sounds like it was composed for a cheap strip-tease club .
Go on, hate me ! You hate in me what you hate in yourself.
Forever drunk!
aidy
Dawnrazor

Re: first impression about the eden house

Post by aidy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:10 pm

almagast wrote:boring. the female vocalist is mediocre and the music sounds like it was composed for a cheap strip-tease club .

TWAT
TELL ME ? WHERES YOUR LOVE ?? TELL ME ? WHERES YOUR HEART ??
http://www.myspace.com/dawnrazoraidy
dj_chr1st
Dawnrazor

Post by dj_chr1st » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:10 pm

almagast wrote:boring. the female vocalist is mediocre and the music sounds like it was composed for a cheap strip-tease club .
err.... are you deaf ? :?:
So many creatures
which one are you now
sharpening features
which one are you now .
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:47 am

dj_chr1st wrote:
Or rather : is this a joke ?
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
almagast
Moonchild

Post by almagast » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:37 am

ThomasB wrote:
dj_chr1st wrote:
Or rather : is this a joke ?

No, i'm not deaf and this isn't a joke. By the way, i have the right to my opinion, you know? The Eden House are some "gothic" wannabe without any idea about music - but they are not the worst, Darkwell,Delain,Nightwish ( with Anette) & Atargatis are the worst "gothic" bands ever.
I don't understand why is that "band" even mentioned on this forum.. By the way, who knows about their existence outside Britain?
Forever drunk!
Kostas
Dawnrazor

Post by Kostas » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:53 am

almagast wrote: The Eden House are some "gothic" wannabe without any idea about music
Isn't this a bit too much even for a personal opinion on someone's work? *whistle*
almagast wrote: Darkwell,Delain,Nightwish ( with Anette) & Atargatis are the worst "gothic" bands ever
ehm....these are not gothic bands buddy.
almagast wrote:By the way, who knows about their existence outside Britain?
I am from Greece. Huge fan of them!
"...we are the lost ones, in the company of bright angels."
REANIMATORS - GREEK LEGION

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reanimat ... 1677029341
http://www.myspace.com/thesequelfotngr
TheBoyNextDoor
Preacher Man

Post by TheBoyNextDoor » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:59 am

A little bit harsh, but everyone are allowed to have their own opinion.

I rarely listen to them though I think they are very talented musicians, goth or not.
SumerSon
Watcher

Post by SumerSon » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:26 am

almagast wrote:.....I don't understand why is that "band" even mentioned on this forum..
... I guess you know in which band some of the Eden House members used to play in the past..
Sumerland Holds me... in Sumerian Haze !
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

REANIMATORS - GREEK LEGION

weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:18 pm

Some of the replies to this are quite frankly astonishing, especially for this place.

Where does it state that everyone here has to dig The Hoos?

shame

*cthulhu*
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:17 pm

Kostas wrote:[
almagast wrote: Darkwell,Delain,Nightwish ( with Anette) & Atargatis are the worst "gothic" bands ever
ehm....these are not gothic bands buddy.
Well it seems that nowadays, everything that ain't Britney Spears is called "goffick" no matter what…
And saying "I don't like this" and "this thing is crap, it should not exist and no one here should even mention its name" is quite different. Actually the difference between stating an opinion, of which everyone is entitled too (many revered bands here I don't get into either) and trolling… *whistle*
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:02 pm

almagast wrote:Top 5 bands beside The Nephilim
The Pogues
Metallica
Arch Enemy
Marduk
Glenn Danzig
I'm not surprised you don't like The Eden House with a musical taste like that and I really don't suppose The Eden house give a shite about your opinion.
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:10 pm

comparing TEH with nightwish

WTF?!?! :shock:
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:11 am

First impression of the record, after originally hearing songs such as To believe in something and Sin, was that it's a bit too slow and melancholic to my taste. Got into it after while and then saw the band live few times where they simply take the whole thing to a different dimension making every song sound powerful, visceral, thrilling...
almagast wrote:By the way, who knows about their existence outside Britain?
Ask Brad or Ande... they're in North America and like to travel to UK to see the band live from time to time. They actually might not be that bad dude...
almagast wrote:The Eden House are some "gothic" wannabe without any idea about music
Hehehe.. i don't need to read more...
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
ziarah
Moonchild

Post by ziarah » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:45 am

Everyone's entitled to his opinion, but I have to wonder why someone would come to a FOTN forum to complain about The Eden House.

(In San Francisco, for the record, and yes I've heard of them.)
almagast
Moonchild

Post by almagast » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:29 am

ziarah wrote: but I have to wonder why someone would come to a FOTN forum to complain about The Eden House.
1. i posted in the right section
2. someone else warned me about this forum and about your british arrogance (talking about all of you) but i was too deaf to listen.
3. besides you and 20 or 30 more people no one i know heard about eden house. i have asked about them on a lot of rock/metal forums and guess what, got answers like " eden who? "
4. this so-called band will never get any mainstream success because they have nothing to say, their music is a cheap imitation of pop-rock female voice based bands from the '80 & '90's.
5. if you guys are not ready to accept other people opinions just ask a moderator to lock the topic & ban me.
Forever drunk!
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:02 am

It's more of a European arrogance I think :wink:

I supported your right to not like The Hoos, but let's not drag this down even further.

Besides we can all gang up on Carl for not getting the fcuking DVD out.... :mrgreen:
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:03 am

Once again, there's a difference between having an opinion (I for one don't dig Adoration, unlike some members, but I never felt I HAD to trash it on every occasion and they never tried to change my mind, it's called debate) and trying to cram YOUR so important opinion down everyone's throat, claming it's THE TRUTH !!! Got it princess ? Or you can look up stuff like netiquette… (and no, it's not a metal band…)
IN NOMINE NEMO !
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:15 am

almagast wrote: I don't understand why is that "band" even mentioned on this forum.
You know who Tony Pettitt is? When not sit back and learn!
almagast wrote: 2. someone else warned me about this forum and about your british arrogance (talking about all of you) but i was too deaf to listen.
I´m not british and at least 25 % of the people here aren´t british *smoking* .
almagast wrote: 3. besides you and 20 or 30 more people no one i know heard about eden house. i have asked about them on a lot of rock/metal forums and guess what, got answers like " eden who? "
No wonder - go in an electronic music related or goth rock related forum and ask about the knowledge about some black metal bands, you will get the same result.
almagast wrote: 4. this so-called band will never get any mainstream success because they have nothing to say, their music is a cheap imitation of pop-rock female voice based bands from the '80 & '90's.
i think all of TEH will give a shit about mainstream success ...
almagast wrote: 5. if you guys are not ready to accept other people opinions just ask a moderator to lock the topic & ban me.
I´m ready to accept an opinion but not like when someone comes on a FOTN related forum only complaining about an FOTN related act. If you don´t like them it´s OK but your way about you´re talking about your opinion is not OK. I can also say that 99% of black metal is only rubbish - but i am not going to to black metal forums complaining about that ...
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:39 am

almagast wrote: someone else warned me about this forum and about your british arrogance (talking about all of you) but i was too deaf to listen.
i love when people can't recognize im from poland
if you guys are not ready to accept other people opinions just ask a moderator to lock the topic & ban me.
oh why... i don't want anyone to lock the topic or ban you... i love your opinions...tell me more! did anyone from TEH get on your tits? and how long have you been into nephs?
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
baba
Watcher

Post by baba » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:42 am

Sorry but I don't care for their stuff either and find most of it rather bland.