New vocalist

A forum for all things Eden House related.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

AGG
Moonchild

Re: New vocalist

Post by AGG » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:15 pm

Kostas wrote:
angry bob wrote:...Fotn aint metal band either. They are spaghetti nomadic goth rockabilly group with just a hint of metal :mrgreen:
I'll agree with Angry Bob (with a small emphasis on Goth :) )

Kostas dear, i don't feel like arguing with you or anyone else. Who the heck cares if FoTN is metal on not? I don't, lol. *listening to At the gates of silent memory*
GreatOldOne
Moonchild

Post by GreatOldOne » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:26 pm

AGG wrote: what's wrong about turning into a metal band? be glad their new vocalist is not Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera :P :P :P
you guys are listening to FoTN ( it is a METAL band) but still hate metal.. bro, the one listening to Dimmu Borgir, say something!!

It's a good thing that you metalheads like the Nephs but don't take them for a metal band aye?
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:47 pm

AGG wrote:
scardwel wrote:Oh great. The Eden House are turning into a metal band.
what's wrong about turning into a metal band? be glad their new vocalist is not Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera :P :P :P
you guys are listening to FoTN ( it is a METAL band) but still hate metal.. bro, the one listening to Dimmu Borgir, say something!!

LOL, that's an old battleground here at the forum, :D ! Well, I think FOTN can't be put into categories, sometimes metal, sometimes gothic, sometimes whatever, but def best band ever. So, personally I love ZOON *cthulhu* , I like Elizium, I like Dimmu Borgir and I like also Eden House (... but I prefer "Faith and the muse" b.t.w. :wink: ) Also, I like old Cure or Bauhaus stuff, and like to say that I have no problem with old Slayer or Napalm Death, and after a worse headache, there's nothing wrong with the DOORS or Velvet underground, and falling asleep old Pink Floyd or Hawkwind stuff guids me excellent into the coils of the great serpent. :twisted: *cthulhu* :D :wink:

... just good music!
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
baba
Watcher

Post by baba » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:55 pm

GreatOldOne wrote: It's a good thing that you metalheads like the Nephs but don't take them for a metal band aye?

I know there are some purists when it comes to metal who choose to listen to nothing else, but i didn't know it was as a rule that if ye are metalhead ye must only listen to metal?
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:12 pm

I... am the iron man
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:22 pm

I only listen to South American nose flute music these days.
I tried listening to metal once, a chunk of molten pig iron it was, and it burnt my earlobe quite badly.
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:38 am

angry bob wrote:I... am the iron man
Has he lost his mind?
Can he see or is he blind?
Can he walk at all,
Or if he moves will he fall?
Is he alive or dead?
Has he thoughts within his head?
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:51 am

baba wrote:
GreatOldOne wrote: It's a good thing that you metalheads like the Nephs but don't take them for a metal band aye?

I know there are some purists when it comes to metal who choose to listen to nothing else, but i didn't know it was as a rule that if ye are metalhead ye must only listen to metal?
Usually, from my experience, since listening to "metal" is supposed to elevate you from the hoï polloï (and you must proselyte at every turn, even if Everybody Hates Us Because We Are Better, bwaaah !), if you like something, it is, hence, metal.
I read in some other place that, according to the same reasoning, QNTAL was metal since a metalhead liked it and he COULD not like it if it was an inferior genre. Verboten. Might get you an Ubermenschitude downgrade. I guess that if he discovered Frank Sinatra, presto ! It would have turned into a metal singer, unbeknowst to his ghost…
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
AGG
Moonchild

Post by AGG » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:18 pm

wish i could just turn back time and mind my own business & not post in this topic.
losing friends on facebook & other sites just because i don't like Edenhouse is freaking unfair. yea, i'm talking about someone in particular, he knows who he is.
calling "pigs" the metal bands & fans wasn't nice either but hey, Ian was right when he said something like " run ye fool". too bad i didn't listened, lol.
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:52 pm

AGG wrote:wish i could just turn back time and mind my own business & not post in this topic.
losing friends on facebook & other sites just because i don't like Edenhouse is freaking unfair.
I'd rather call that a service. Maybe he/she likes only TEH or is a complete dork and now you've got rid of him/her. How cool is that? :D
Upsi daisy! I've just lost a friend on friendface...
AGG wrote:calling "pigs" the metal bands & fans wasn't nice either but hey, Ian was right when he said something like " run ye fool". too bad i didn't listened, lol.
I like pigs. I am one. In Chinese astrology. And for real. But you don't wanna see me proving it. :twisted:
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:06 pm

"Calm down, dears!..." - Michael Winner (misquoted again).

If you like the Eden House, then great. If not, then each to their own. Either way, who cares!?

Personally, I think the Eden House are superb and I cannot understand why any Fields of the Nephilim fans could dislike them considering that (a) the first album featured four out of the six original FOTN members (Tony, Peter, Paul and Nod), as well as Simon Rippin, and (b) when the music is remarkably similar to Fields of the Nephilim, especially Elizium.

Just my two cents. :mrgreen:
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
GreatOldOne
Moonchild

Post by GreatOldOne » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:10 pm

baba wrote:

I never said or even implied anything like that baba. What I said, which I think is quite obvious, is that I am glad metalheads listen to the Nephilim. But that doen't turn the Nephs into a metal band, does it?
durak
Watcher

Post by durak » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:05 pm

like said earlier
to be a purist means burn your baby
metal is mental, no maybe
pig iron burns completely
no ears no nose
I need another dose
Не за что
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:13 pm

durak wrote:like said earlier
to be a purist means burn your baby
metal is mental, no maybe
pig iron burns completely
no ears no nose
I need another dose
Quite!
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
AGG
Moonchild

Post by AGG » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:33 am

markandre13 wrote: I'd rather call that a service. Maybe he/she likes only TEH or is a complete dork and now you've got rid of him/her. How cool is that? :D
hahaha, that's an epic win!

markandre13 wrote:I like pigs. I am one. In Chinese astrology. And for real. But you don't wanna see me proving it. :twisted:
no you're not! well maybe you are in Chinese astrology but certanly not for real. believe me, there are no such things as nerdy pigs!!

one more thing: "Zoon" is industrial. and as far as i know industrial IS metal. if someone from FoTN is registered on this forum i bet he already pissed his pants laughing while reading this topic :P :P
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:51 am

AGG wrote:
one more thing: "Zoon" is industrial. and as far as i know industrial IS metal.
Ever listened to any proper industrial have you? Not industrial metal but proper industrial.
And if industrial bands like Throbbing Gristle, SPK, Cabaret Voltaire, Einstürzende Neubauten, Front line assembly and Skinny puppy are metal then I'm a dutchman.
Zoon is, without doubt a thrash metal album NOT industrial or gothic rock. But then again it wasn't by Fields of The Nephilim either.
No offence AGG but talk about something you know about eh?
AGG
Moonchild

Post by AGG » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:56 am

wild bill buttock wrote: Ever listened to any proper industrial have you? Not industrial metal but proper industrial.
And if industrial bands like Throbbing Gristle, SPK, Cabaret Voltaire, Einstürzende Neubauten, Front line assembly and Skinny puppy are metal then I'm a dutchman.
Zoon is, without doubt a thrash metal album NOT industrial or gothic rock. But then again it wasn't by Fields of The Nephilim either.
Dude, you post in confusion. Zoon thrash?? hahaha, what a joke!!
Let's see...industrial : Mortiis ( Era III), Gothminister, Rammstein.
You know fcuk about metal so plizzzzzzzzzzzz..
Goede morgen , lieve :P
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:10 am

AGG wrote:
markandre13 wrote:I like pigs. I am one. In Chinese astrology. And for real. But you don't wanna see me proving it. :twisted:
no you're not! well maybe you are in Chinese astrology but certanly not for real. believe me, there are no such things as nerdy pigs!!
What is it with this forum? Everytime I try to throw myself into a bad light, intentionally, people do not believe me! Hey! Just you ask my wife! :mrgreen:
AGG wrote:one more thing: "Zoon" is industrial. and as far as i know industrial IS metal.
Sometimes, but not in general.Steel-string guitars and iron beams are definitely metal. But only the later are heavy metal.
AGG wrote:if someone from FoTN is registered on this forum i bet he already pissed his pants laughing while reading this topic :P :P
If they'll contact me I'm happy to send some Kleenex! Can't have 'em to catch a cold because of this.

(Btw. can someone please rant that this thread has become pretty offtopic, pls?)
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:13 am

AGG wrote:
wild bill buttock wrote: Ever listened to any proper industrial have you? Not industrial metal but proper industrial.
Dude, you post in confusion. Zoon thrash?? hahaha, what a joke!!
Let's see...industrial : Mortiis ( Era III), Gothminister, Rammstein.
You know fcuk about metal so plizzzzzzzzzzzz..
Goede morgen , lieve :P

Mortiis, Gothminister, Rammstein are INDUSTRIAL METAL, NOT INDUSTRIAL (As are NIN, Ministry, Die Krupps etc etc).
Try doing some research before coming on here with your ill informed opinions.
AGG
Moonchild

Post by AGG » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:14 am

wild bill buttock wrote:

Mortiis, Gothminister, Rammstein are INDUSTRIAL METAL, NOT INDUSTRIAL (As are NIN, Ministry, Die Krupps etc etc).
Try doing some research before coming on here with your ill informed opinions.
well keep talking..