New vocalist

A forum for all things Eden House related.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

scardwel
Leviathan

Re: New vocalist

Post by scardwel » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:31 pm

Blimey! All I did was mention the word 'metal'! :shock:
Last Facebook For The Blocked!
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:32 pm

E.g. Clock DVA is industrial, but not metal. :)
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
GreatOldOne
Moonchild

Post by GreatOldOne » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:33 pm

Industrial is Metal????????? yep I was right. Metalheads tend to think that everything they listen to is metal....
AGG
Moonchild

Post by AGG » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:29 pm

...w/e you say guys, after all you're the enlightened ones :S. i'm just a pig-ish metalhead.
GreatOldOne
Moonchild

Post by GreatOldOne » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:42 pm

not pig-ish. Just metalhead
Enoch
Dawnrazor

Post by Enoch » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:34 pm

GreatOldOne wrote:Industrial is Metal????????? yep I was right. Metalheads tend to think that everything they listen to is metal....
Sure they do, otherwise they'd lose their trve status. Just like goths think everything they listen to is goth, otherwise there wouldn't be any cybergoths...
Night obliterates the day and all the fun begins
The Damned - Curtain Call

Citizen of a nation otherwise populated mainly by blinded, brain damaged xenophobes
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:58 pm

GreatOldOne wrote:Industrial is Metal?????????

…Right, and my bollocks are made of Swiss cheese. :wink:
(Though… Tamtrum, the N°1 French industrial band — amongst three :mrgreen: — made their success by catering to metalheads. I have a friend, mostly into bands whose name you can not read on the sleeves :wink: , who read it was "industrial", thought there might be other bands like that, did a gogoling, then found out… hey, there are many more ! The Retrosic ! Loves 'em ! Oh, and :wumpscut: ! Brilliant ! What's dat ? Hocico ! Sheer genius ! Oh, God Module ! Hubba, hubba ! etc… I kid you not. So… I guess a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, as long as good music gets to the right ears ! *smoking* )
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:18 pm

ThomasB wrote:

(Though… Tamtrum, the N°1 French industrial band — amongst three :mrgreen: — made their success by catering to metalheads. I have a friend, mostly into bands whose name you can not read on the sleeves :wink: , who read it was "industrial", thought there might be other bands like that, did a gogoling, then found out… hey, there are many more ! The Retrosic ! Loves 'em ! Oh, and :wumpscut: ! Brilliant ! What's dat ? Hocico ! Sheer genius ! Oh, God Module ! Hubba, hubba ! etc… I kid you not. So… I guess a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, as long as good music gets to the right ears ! *smoking* )
An old friend wants to go to see Hocico next month, at the Slimelight in London, coincidentally.

Remember kiddies, the wise words of Mr Carl McCoy...

...its all music, so why label it? :wink: :mrgreen:

*notworthy* :mrgreen: Very wise, Mr McCoy! :mrgreen: *notworthy*
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:32 pm

Mark Anthony Quested wrote:
ThomasB wrote:

An old friend wants to go to see Hocico next month, at the Slimelight in London, coincidentally.

Remember kiddies, the wise words of Mr Carl McCoy...

...its all music, so why label it? :wink: :mrgreen:

*notworthy* :mrgreen: Very wise, Mr McCoy! :mrgreen: *notworthy*
If he never tried it, Hocico live don't rock. The bloody KILLS.
I've seen quite a few concert, but Erk, either with Hocico or his own Rabia Sorda, is the greatest showman I've ever seen. Period.
Oh, and labels… as I must have said, it's just to give you very basic idea. If you say "metal", "electro", "punk""blues", it gives you a basic idea. Then you refine it. Okay, maybe apart from blues, which has a specific structures and all that matters is the soul you put into it (Yes, I love Ye Olde Blues)
But say : if it has bleep-bleep sounds, it's electro.
Heavy guitars with pop structures… heavy metal.
If the neighbour plays it and you think "oh, they are renovating their flat ?", chances are it's industrial. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If it goes "tadadadadam", it's blues. If it's played louder… early AC/DC.
If it goes "wababalula-bala-bam-boom", it's rock n'roll. :lol:
Bad hair and bontempi sound… old school new wave.
Fook know what it is, I never heard it before… Please can you remember to give me the artist's name ? :lol: :lol:
In fact, labels are easy to put in a broad category. It's just a first approach, a faint outline. Then you refine. Of course, in our era of iPod, it's easier to say "want to listen to it ?" ( *cthulhu* knows I did more than once !)
You'll always have people who refuses to hear anything outside the genre they chose, but whant can you do ? (just like, believe it or not, folks who walked out of "Spinal Tap" because they were "punk" and it was not about "punk". I kid you not.) Just leave them in their sand box and that's it… In the immortal words of English philosopher Captain Sensible : "Let 'em rot !" :lol: :lol:
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:12 am

It doesn't really matter what label you give does it? what's important is whether the listener likes it.

Getting back to the OP, I think it sounds promising that EH are working with Anathema, the latter's last album was very good and it might give EH that edge that I think they miss. Alternatively they could hook into the more progressive side that Anathema are developing and get even more languid, although I hope not.

So long as the core of Pettit, Rippin and Carey are writing the songs, it'll be refreshing to have others participate, but that'll give problems with live events when those songs need to be learnt and every mini tour is like starting over. Remember it took the Nephs a while to become a great live band and when they did it elevated them to an altogether higher level which the new line up can't match as they don't have the familiarity.

Incidentally there is a (generally positive) review of the Camden EH gig in the current issue of Prog magazine which I spotted.
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:32 am

weebleswobble wrote:Bring on the fuzzbox!
I stand by this statement
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:30 pm

Or get Tony back on a Rickenbacker bass again for more OOMPH (desperately trying to change the subject here!)