The Looking Glass

A forum for all things Eden House related.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Rorschach
Dawnrazor

The Looking Glass

Post by Rorschach » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:24 pm

Amazon reports this as being released next Monday (26th October) but what with the postal strikes and all...

Will there be any for sale at Whitby, Steve?

Hope the rehearsals are going well, dude.

Canna wait! :twisted:

Rorschach.
Destroy Earth!
Psychonaut

Re: The Looking Glass

Post by Destroy Earth! » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:55 pm

Resurrection Records says that the release has been "delayed until the 25th January, 2010."
Rorschach
Dawnrazor

Post by Rorschach » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:35 pm

If only there was someone in the band that walks these hallowed halls that could give us the skinny, straight from the horse's mouth, as it were :wink:

Rorschach
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:50 pm

german amazoon dot com says 13th November.
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:28 am

Indeed, would have thought that if the dealy was going to be 3 months you'd know about it more than 3 days before release.............is the steam running out of the EH project? I hope not, but I had imagined when they engaged that PR agency there would be a lot more visibility of the band in the UK at least. The CD is still firmly lodged in my CD player though.
BlackSun
Dawnrazor

Post by BlackSun » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:26 pm

gilgamesh wrote:Indeed, would have thought that if the dealy was going to be 3 months you'd know about it more than 3 days before release.............is the steam running out of the EH project? I hope not, but I had imagined when they engaged that PR agency there would be a lot more visibility of the band in the UK at least. The CD is still firmly lodged in my CD player though.
I'm sorry but... 'steam running out of the EH project?' give them a chance why don't you?!? I wasn't even expecting a possible new release this year anyway - of course I was happy to hear there might be, but all sorts of things can go pear shaped at short notice and not necessarily within the bands control. Unless one of the band is able to clarify things let's not start any idle rumours again shall we.....
Steve / The Eden House
Moonchild

Post by Steve / The Eden House » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:54 pm

*grin*..

Believe me - things are happening!

The main release date is set for Jan 25th. It will be released earlier (Nov 13th) in Germany simply because the wheels had already been set in motion over there with distributors etc..Not sure if we'll have any at Whitby.. maybe..

We have parted comapny with (sacked) the old PR bloke and have started working with a more established PR agency instead.

We are about to announce the UK dates (as soon as they're finalised). They should be in February. Rescheduled Euro ones after that and then as many summer festivals as we can fit in...there's also the possibility of a London show to mark the release.

The writing process for the next album proper has already begun - theres already about 1.5 hours of material on tape- that wont be released until mid/late next year though..

The website should hopefully be up soon - this will have full lyrics/studio tech stuff/ merch etc..and a sampler of the audio disc of "The Looking Glass" will be on the bands myspace from 10pm tonight..

See you in Whitby..
aidy
Dawnrazor

Post by aidy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:06 pm

cool

see you in whitby steve

at the bar ????

aidy
TELL ME ? WHERES YOUR LOVE ?? TELL ME ? WHERES YOUR HEART ??
http://www.myspace.com/dawnrazoraidy
Steve / The Eden House
Moonchild

Post by Steve / The Eden House » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:14 pm

Course not .. you know I dont drink...

heh..
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:39 pm

Fookin' good news, almost sexual

The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
Rorschach
Dawnrazor

Post by Rorschach » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:22 pm

Steve / The Eden House wrote:See you in Whitby..

Good man, Steve! *notworthy*

See you at the bar.

Rorschach.

Oh, by the way, is it too much to ask if The Looking Glass is getting a BluRay release, it having been shot in HiDef ?
dj_chr1st
Dawnrazor

Post by dj_chr1st » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:24 pm

Cool , good news . Cheers Steve.

You will maybe have some cds at Whitby eh........

Cant wait to get my mits on it.

Really really looking forward to Whitby now :D :D
So many creatures
which one are you now
sharpening features
which one are you now .
GreboGoth
Dawnrazor

Post by GreboGoth » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:43 pm

I'm sorry steve, but....

You come here with your talent and great music. Answer our questions, give us the latest band news and even offer to meet us at the bar for a few....

I'm sure you can get kicked out of the goth rockstar club for such antics.

That being said I can't wait for Whitby and save me a seat at the bar ;-)
SEARCHING FOR...
SEARCHING FOR...
I KEEP SEARCHING FOR RED SKIES
Sleipnir73
Watcher

Post by Sleipnir73 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:03 pm

oh man...currently i'm listening to the looking glass sampler on myspace...amazingly beautiful!!!
Just remember, wherever you go, there you are.

https://www.instagram.com/sleipnir73/
mindcleener
Nephilim

Post by mindcleener » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:23 am

Sleipnir73 wrote:oh man...currently i'm listening to the looking glass sampler on myspace...amazingly beautiful!!!
+1
Enoch
Dawnrazor

Post by Enoch » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:37 am

Woohooo @ fadeout-cover :D news + looking glass (although there's a little bit much going on at the same time, esp. with reverb, sometimes)... all just awesome, got me being a complete fanboi :lol:
Night obliterates the day and all the fun begins
The Damned - Curtain Call

Citizen of a nation otherwise populated mainly by blinded, brain damaged xenophobes
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:26 am

GreboGoth wrote: You come here with your talent and great music. Answer our questions, give us the latest band news and even offer to meet us at the bar for a few....

I'm sure you can get kicked out of the goth rockstar club for such antics.
*notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*
Maybe starting concerts with a heartfelt "goths are cnuts" or something would get some credits back ? :wink:
London show ? Might take the Eurostar for this, especially if some carnage is scheduled. I miss you buncha w**kers ! *smoking* *whistle* *whistle* *whistle* *cthulhu*
Many festivals… Good idea ! Hope Waregem will be one of them.
And the Amphi…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
delle1111
Moonchild

Post by delle1111 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:55 pm

Steve / The Eden House wrote: It will be released earlier (Nov 13th) in Germany ..
Sounds great and is a small compensation (just had to look at dictionary) for the postponed German gigs as Brussel was to far with 1000 km way there and back.
Just looking forward stuff and gigs
Pale Rider
Dawnrazor

Post by Pale Rider » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:03 pm

Steve / The Eden House wrote:Course not .. you know I dont drink...
Glad to hear you have repented your sins and said goodbye to the daemon drink - I'll see you in Church tomorrow ...

... right after I've shot those bloody flying pigs!! :D
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:33 pm

Steve / The Eden House wrote: The writing process for the next album proper has already begun - theres already about 1.5 hours of material on tape- that wont be released until mid/late next year though..
*notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*
mindcleener wrote:
Sleipnir73 wrote:oh man...currently i'm listening to the looking glass sampler on myspace...amazingly beautiful!!!
+1
+2 for the insane "Play Dead" cover, i also like the older Björk stuff and this one is really amazing!

Steve / The Eden House wrote:*grin*..

Rescheduled Euro ones after that and then as many summer festivals as we can fit in...there's also the possibility of a London show to mark the release.
also nice that you will redo the euro gigs later .. i booked tickets of 2 german shows ( Berlin, Leipzig) was really disaappointed that they got cancelled (but proper Neph Fan is bullet proof for this :lol: ) really looking forward to the shows!

But best thing: You all put out some statements, news here on board - clearing up with the fans why things happened (like the cancelling), and talkign about it

*notworthy* BIG THUMPS UP *notworthy*