Dawnrazor.co.uk

Fields of the Nephilim Discussion Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: What are the chances of?....
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:00 pm 
Moonchild

Does anyone think we'll see FoTN with all the original members? Just been reading previous posts about no announcements etc...Maybe my imagination is getting the better of me.

Post subject: Re: What are the chances of?....
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:38 am 
Nephilim

Location: in France, in my ivory tower, watching the world's descent into madness…
foreverremain wrote:
Does anyone think we'll see FoTN with all the original members? Just been reading previous posts about no announcements etc...Maybe my imagination is getting the better of me.

Well, the past is the past, and it's never gonna be 1992 ever again…

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:59 am 
Moonchild

They are not yet old enough to be nostalgic. Just my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:29 pm 
Moonchild

foreverremain wrote:

It can happen, why not?... Some years ago who would have thought of Pettitt's return to the band?...

Although I also enjoy their current sound, it would be very nice to witness the return of old school FOTN! :) Perhaps for the so promised upcoming album??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:29 pm 
Watcher

I don't think that Carl cares anymore. Just sees this as a bit of petty cash for a couple of gigs each year. If he could be bothered to sort things out with the Wrights and Yates he'd have finished off the Prophecy/Earthbound stuff properly, produced the merchandise and finished the album which has been hinted at for years. Pretty clear to me he is just maintaining a minimum fanbase to sell enough tickets to make the gigs viable. Maybe I'm just cynical but this isn't a real band anymore and is unlikely ever to be so again so while its possible, there's more chance that Wayne Hussey joins Take That......................

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:03 pm 
Watcher

gilgamesh wrote:
I don't think that Carl cares anymore. Just sees this as a bit of petty cash for a couple of gigs each year. If he could be bothered to sort things out with the Wrights and Yates he'd have finished off the Prophecy/Earthbound stuff properly, produced the merchandise and finished the album which has been hinted at for years. Pretty clear to me he is just maintaining a minimum fanbase to sell enough tickets to make the gigs viable. Maybe I'm just cynical but this isn't a real band anymore and is unlikely ever to be so again so while its possible, there's more chance that Wayne Hussey joins Take That......................

Sadly I think you're absolutely spot on :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:31 am 
Leviathan

As he doesn't answer to our questions and wonderings we know nearly nothing about his reasons and life truly, which makes that we can imagine anything indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am 
Nephilim

Location: in France, in my ivory tower, watching the world's descent into madness…
Moonchild wrote:
gilgamesh wrote:

Sadly I think you're absolutely spot on :roll:

Ditto, ditto ! Besides, it seems most of us are getting bored too :|

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:04 am 
Moonchild

Hi guys, thanks for all the replies and apologies for my late response.

It's not just me then...there's loads of bands coming back together with original (or almost original) line ups. Who'd have thought we'd ever see the Sex Pistols back together with Glen Matlock?

Still, guess we don't really know the details of any differences that band personel may have.

Really hoping I get to see FoTN again soon, with whatever line up but come on....it would be something with the original members!

It certainly isn't 1992 and 1988 again would be insane!

Heres hoping (in the meantime) for a new album...at least......

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:36 am 
Nephilim

foreverremain wrote:

It's not just me then...there's loads of bands coming back together with original (or almost original) line ups.

Yes, but for what results ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:29 pm 
Moonchild

At the last concert Britain in 91 when every one the left the arena they played Doris Day 'Ce sera sera.'
I remember saying at the time it was a message to say they were splitting up. Unnfortunately my comment was prophetic.
So with that in mind as I was reading this threat I was also listening to Psychonaut and remembered that Pete had recently played live again for the first time in twenty plus years.

Then Carl sung at the same time "let us gather hallucinations from our private minds, let witness the reincarnation of the sun."
So you never know.
Okay so it's a coincidence and I'm an optimist, but we can always hope and maybe they will rise again.
As Doris says 'Ce sera sera'.
Things might be shifting into place to make the impossible possible.
pray now, cos I will.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:35 pm 
Moonchild

Cirith Ungol reformed in 2017 with shows in Greece, and Ventura, and LA

California as well.

*cthulhu*

This band was the last you'd expect, but videos up on youtube, and

concert reviews / articles some hinting 'new album' and positive reviews

:!:

ANYTHING CAN TRANSPIRE if Cirith Ungol Tim Baker / Rob Garven can

re-ignite classic Cirith Ungol records - pay special attention to triumphant

Greece concert reviews :!:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:00 am 
Moonchild

Sorry -

Not trying to dominate the conversation(s) ...

Would've liked to wait around for others to respond ...

(esp. in the lyrics forum / many impressions, ideas flowing lately)

Been listening to the Nephilim and Gothic Metal daily - years on end

and have to say, I personally miss Nod Wright greatly -

my prize treasure is the Visionary Heads/ Forever DVD - for him on it

dad was a jazz drummer and bands in basements w/ friends was the norm

and my dad was very average, but some buddies of mine could do Nicko

Mcbrain, Dave Lombardo, Hunting, Benante, Crumbsuckers, in their sleep.

But Nod Wright was a great live sound, originality, style - if I was a rich

promoter I'd offer him a million bucks to show up - Nod Wright, cheers if

you read this - your live cuts are the only way to hear Chord, Exit, Blue

Water, and Trees, to name a few. Your one rock star I'd like to have a few

pints with.

*cthulhu*

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:12 am 
Moonchild

2012 McCoy Interview Explains Why Original Nephilim Disbanded

"He says this without a hint of jealousy. The Nephs burned bright for a short period of time, but with the release of 1990’s more polished Elizium album McCoy was already starting to have doubts about the band’s future.

“I didn’t want the group to be really big,” he explains. “I liked the idea of being a culty act. Huge commercial success didn’t interest me at all and I had a fear that things were going that way around the time of Elizium – so I split the band up.” Personal relationships had deteriorated after months of living out of each other’s pockets and McCoy wanted out. “I never saw The Fields Of The Nephilim as a big brand. I wanted more control than that.”

{This article originally appeared in the 2012 special, The Cure & The Story Of The Alternative 80s.)

How The Fields Of The Nephilim Had The Last Laugh

Features / 17 Aug 2012 / by Howard Johnson

http://teamrock.com/feature/2012-08-17/ ... last-laugh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:01 am 
Moonchild

Ngie wrote:
As he doesn't answer to our questions and wonderings we know nearly nothing about his reasons and life truly, which makes that we can imagine anything indeed.

Ngie - with all due expectorant sir (cough) - and all parties - I apologize in advance - fields of the phlegm righteous flag waving, standing on eachs shoulder slow drip coffee canucks

the medicine man said he didn't want reveal too much of himself, which is fine ...I do percieve it, however, as being on a bit too much of a private star trip he's having w/ his own self, ceremonies perhaps can be retitled zero-monies, why else wouldn't he have Nod and Paul Wright back, unless it were a bit of the shell-fish ?

the shaman does not have the same type of egoist star trip- like the Vedders, the Hetfields, the Maidens, the Ozzys, the Priests, the U2s, the Stings, the Grohls, the Eltons - all or most of whom are 60 should retire ... as they've more than enough, their simply price gouging the buyers with pricey boxsets, 200.00 tickets, repeat themselves setlists, and dreadful new discs.

really... i saw a new song mtv live concert clip of recent Priest show it were embarrassing like as bad as Spinal Tap but unintentional and sad no exaggeration

really Ngie, I ran into Elton in front of a resort town Wells Fargo draped in a orange vested tailored w/ manservant 2 paces behind carrying a ornamental sceptre and he's no sir.

http://www.metalinjection.net/its-just- ... ars-ulrich

Post subject: What are the chances of?....
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:59 pm 
Watcher

ThomasB wrote:

True, true, and never a truer sentence.

Optimism is a great thing but I think that we as fans are seriously deluded if we think the line-up of the glory days leading up to 1992 is coming over the horizon.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:40 am 
Nephilim

Elisium Fields wrote:
ThomasB wrote:

True, true, and never a truer sentence.

Optimism is a great thing but I think that we as fans are seriously deluded if we think the line-up of the glory days leading up to 1992 is coming over the horizon.

Even worse, if they did nd no sparks flew… 20 years are gone, that's quite a long time…