What are the chances of?....

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

foreverremain
Moonchild

Post by foreverremain » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:00 pm

Does anyone think we'll see FoTN with all the original members? Just been reading previous posts about no announcements etc...Maybe my imagination is getting the better of me.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Re: What are the chances of?....

Post by ThomasB » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:38 am

foreverremain wrote:Does anyone think we'll see FoTN with all the original members? Just been reading previous posts about no announcements etc...Maybe my imagination is getting the better of me.
Well, the past is the past, and it's never gonna be 1992 ever again…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Beladona
Moonchild

Post by Beladona » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:59 am

They are not yet old enough to be nostalgic. Just my opinion.
TheNephilimJohn
Moonchild

Post by TheNephilimJohn » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:29 pm

foreverremain wrote:Does anyone think we'll see FoTN with all the original members? Just been reading previous posts about no announcements etc...Maybe my imagination is getting the better of me.
It can happen, why not?... Some years ago who would have thought of Pettitt's return to the band?...

Although I also enjoy their current sound, it would be very nice to witness the return of old school FOTN! :) Perhaps for the so promised upcoming album??
"For the Nephilim now look forward to a long reign that might take moments to experience, but lifetimes to fulfill."
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:29 pm

I don't think that Carl cares anymore. Just sees this as a bit of petty cash for a couple of gigs each year. If he could be bothered to sort things out with the Wrights and Yates he'd have finished off the Prophecy/Earthbound stuff properly, produced the merchandise and finished the album which has been hinted at for years. Pretty clear to me he is just maintaining a minimum fanbase to sell enough tickets to make the gigs viable. Maybe I'm just cynical but this isn't a real band anymore and is unlikely ever to be so again so while its possible, there's more chance that Wayne Hussey joins Take That......................
Moonchild
Watcher

Post by Moonchild » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:03 pm

gilgamesh wrote:I don't think that Carl cares anymore. Just sees this as a bit of petty cash for a couple of gigs each year. If he could be bothered to sort things out with the Wrights and Yates he'd have finished off the Prophecy/Earthbound stuff properly, produced the merchandise and finished the album which has been hinted at for years. Pretty clear to me he is just maintaining a minimum fanbase to sell enough tickets to make the gigs viable. Maybe I'm just cynical but this isn't a real band anymore and is unlikely ever to be so again so while its possible, there's more chance that Wayne Hussey joins Take That......................
Sadly I think you're absolutely spot on :roll:
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:31 am

As he doesn't answer to our questions and wonderings we know nearly nothing about his reasons and life truly, which makes that we can imagine anything indeed.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am

Moonchild wrote:
gilgamesh wrote:I don't think that Carl cares anymore. Just sees this as a bit of petty cash for a couple of gigs each year. If he could be bothered to sort things out with the Wrights and Yates he'd have finished off the Prophecy/Earthbound stuff properly, produced the merchandise and finished the album which has been hinted at for years. Pretty clear to me he is just maintaining a minimum fanbase to sell enough tickets to make the gigs viable. Maybe I'm just cynical but this isn't a real band anymore and is unlikely ever to be so again so while its possible, there's more chance that Wayne Hussey joins Take That......................
Sadly I think you're absolutely spot on :roll:
Ditto, ditto ! Besides, it seems most of us are getting bored too :|
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
foreverremain
Moonchild

Post by foreverremain » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:04 am

Hi guys, thanks for all the replies and apologies for my late response.

It's not just me then...there's loads of bands coming back together with original (or almost original) line ups. Who'd have thought we'd ever see the Sex Pistols back together with Glen Matlock?

Still, guess we don't really know the details of any differences that band personel may have.

Really hoping I get to see FoTN again soon, with whatever line up but come on....it would be something with the original members!

It certainly isn't 1992 and 1988 again would be insane!

Heres hoping (in the meantime) for a new album...at least......
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:36 am

foreverremain wrote:
It's not just me then...there's loads of bands coming back together with original (or almost original) line ups.
Yes, but for what results ?
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Elsye
Moonchild

Post by Elsye » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:29 pm

At the last concert Britain in 91 when every one the left the arena they played Doris Day 'Ce sera sera.'
I remember saying at the time it was a message to say they were splitting up. Unnfortunately my comment was prophetic.
So with that in mind as I was reading this threat I was also listening to Psychonaut and remembered that Pete had recently played live again for the first time in twenty plus years.

Then Carl sung at the same time "let us gather hallucinations from our private minds, let witness the reincarnation of the sun."
So you never know.
Okay so it's a coincidence and I'm an optimist, but we can always hope and maybe they will rise again.
As Doris says 'Ce sera sera'.
Things might be shifting into place to make the impossible possible.
pray now, cos I will.
VisiGoth1
Moonchild

Post by VisiGoth1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:35 pm

*cthulhu*
Last edited by VisiGoth1 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
VisiGoth1
Moonchild

Post by VisiGoth1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:00 am

*cthulhu*
Last edited by VisiGoth1 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
VisiGoth1
Moonchild

Post by VisiGoth1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:12 am

*cthulhu*
Last edited by VisiGoth1 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
VisiGoth1
Moonchild

Post by VisiGoth1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:01 am

*cthulhu*
Last edited by VisiGoth1 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elisium Fields
Watcher

Post by Elisium Fields » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:59 pm

ThomasB wrote: Well, the past is the past, and it's never gonna be 1992 ever again…
True, true, and never a truer sentence.

Optimism is a great thing but I think that we as fans are seriously deluded if we think the line-up of the glory days leading up to 1992 is coming over the horizon.
"I stand alone, inside you.....I stand alone, the skys bruised..........."
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:40 am

Elisium Fields wrote:
ThomasB wrote: Well, the past is the past, and it's never gonna be 1992 ever again…
True, true, and never a truer sentence.

Optimism is a great thing but I think that we as fans are seriously deluded if we think the line-up of the glory days leading up to 1992 is coming over the horizon.
Even worse, if they did nd no sparks flew… 20 years are gone, that's quite a long time…
IN NOMINE NEMO !