Is this new album happening ??

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

redshaman
Moonchild

Is this new album happening ??

Post by redshaman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:06 am

I know this board has been somewhat quiet lately but has anyone heard anymore annoucments/bulls**t anoucements regarding a new album ?? I dont go on facebook but i wondered if anything had been said on there ??
I understand the death of Tom Edwards has hit the band for six, but its been a year since the Prophecy release.
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Re: Is this new album happening ??

Post by oldnephilim » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:13 pm

sorry to say, but n o t h i n g about a new album or so :(
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
pyretta_blaze
Moonchild

Post by pyretta_blaze » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:00 am

I read facebook every day, nothing about new album and actually no any news from the band since Tom's death :((
No dates (we even don't know if December's gigs will be)... no anything...
I have a feeling that there will be silence till July (Amphi) and probably even after...
this is Julia Filchenkova
mindcleener
Nephilim

Post by mindcleener » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:27 am

I must admit that I dont believe in a new album anymore. One new song since 2005!!, even a dead man works faster than that.
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:48 pm

What's about Amphi fest?

Last November the 18th Fields of the Nephilim have announced on their facebook's page :
"Amphi Festival 2017 is confirmed, we look forward to returning to this excellent event."

Since then a roll call has been running. No info however about which guitarist would play that venue instead of Tom Edwards.
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:26 pm

Ngie wrote:What's about Amphi fest?

Last November the 18th Fields of the Nephilim have announced on their facebook's page :
"Amphi Festival 2017 is confirmed, we look forward to returning to this excellent event."

Since then a roll call has been running. No info however about which guitarist would play that venue instead of Tom Edwards.

amphi is confirmed on nephs official site - whatever that means, :D

btw. only confirmed live date for this year so far :!: :?:
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:53 pm

I don't think there is any intention to release a new album. When MS was released we were told that there was enough material for a double album. If that were true then it would have been out by now. Prophecy is half baked and doesn't show 12 years of care. I just think the promise of new stuff is designed to keep interest up to sell gig tickets, but maybe I'm just being cynical. Its a shame that the legacy of FOTN is just fizzling out- better a clean break than keep letting down the few fans who remain. OK its business, but over the years we have spent a goodly sum on Neph stuff and I do think we deserve better.
pyretta_blaze
Moonchild

Post by pyretta_blaze » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:29 pm

mindcleener wrote:I must admit that I dont believe in a new album anymore.
Me too. But I still thinking this is too much early for pension... all guys from the band are not old yet...
And this total silence from the band make me very very sad :((
this is Julia Filchenkova
Moonchild

Post by redshaman » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:06 pm

I remember in August 2014 they put on the news section on the bands website about they were finally compiling songs for the new album (out of the darkness or something) and to keep watching for a release schedule,I then went into hospital for 3 months and when i came out i went straight onto the website as i thought i'd missed something on a new material release date and then realised nothing had happened.
Its become obvious that they just tell lies to keep people buying tickets/t-shirts, all that rubbish about a special sampler on the march 2016 German tour that still hasn't seen the light of day 13 months later. If it had existed it would have been available at one of the London shows or other gigs last year.
I wouldn't be surprised if the only thing that gets released this year is another format for Prophecy,on CD probably,available on their web store for some outrageous price.One track probably as well.
I think Carl should just pack it in. Like someone said, they are just destroying their legacy now. No-one believes anything that's announced anymore (when they do announce anything) so why bother.
Since the Nephs comeback show in 2007, The Mission (my other favourite band) have released an album in 2007, split up for 3 years,got back together,released an album in 2013, toured the world, and have just released another album and touring Europe twice this year. I'm going to concentrate on The Mission this year as at least they tour properly and release new material frequently and have respect for their fans.Everything the Nephs don't do.So sod em.
Dr Cerebus
Watcher

Post by Dr Cerebus » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:44 am

mindcleener wrote:I must admit that I dont believe in a new album anymore. One new song since 2005!!, even a dead man works faster than that.
Yeah, Tupac has released more since his death than he ever did while alive. :mrgreen:
falling from ecstasy...
...amongst other things
hellboy69
Dawnrazor

Post by hellboy69 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:49 pm

I felt Earthbound was such an atmospheric and rhythmic piece of music that it bade well for a new album.

But that was 2014.

Hate to say it, but perhaps Tom's passing is the focus & the catalyst the band needs to hunker down and complete the new record? Maybe a helpful part of the healing process, but only time will tell.

Meantime, see you at Killing Joke :wink:
in the swirling pool of blood and brains...
rossva
Moonchild

Post by rossva » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:46 pm

I'm sorry all but I personally don't think anything will happen album wise.

FoTN have been my favourite band for over 20 years but I'm sorry I'm currently auditioning other bands for the title prize now :)

I hate to admit it, but McCoy has suckered me once too many times now, I feel foolish for being taken in by it each and every time so far and ain't gonna anymore. The final straw was the utter disappoint of the Winter solstice.
VetForTheInsane
Moonchild

Post by VetForTheInsane » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:36 am

The great unspoken irony is the original split occurred due to musical, maybe philosophical differences. One could live with that if Carl had released a mountain of stuff afterward. But there's been bugger all really since Elizium.

Post first split, the Nephilim have simply been a Nephilim covers band with Carl on vocals.
I firmly believe the popularity and love from fans came because of the total combination of band image, Carl's vocals, Tony's distinctive bass, Paul's unique guitar talents, Peter's almost psychic ability to implant the slide guitar at precisely the perfect moment to elicit chills in your neck and Nod's attention to detail. No one else. That's it.

Carl needs to swallow his pride and get everyone back on board. Simple as.

If the current motivation is money, that's the better path.

However, I disagree with most of the comments here. You all assign way too much logic, intelligence and thought to Carl's motives and judgements. Almost from the very start of the band, communication and pro-active management have been close to zero quality. The way they promote and plan has never been anything but total shit. Since the split the band have been completely controlled, governed and paralysed by Carl's search for personal perfection. The trouble is, as the embarrassingly sycophantic writings of the neph website and old watchman fanclub testify, no one is around to say his best is several rungs below the sum of the nephilim's parts since he has limited personal musical ability and is not a multi instrumentalist. Ultimately, he will never change and I don't wait with baited breath for the cover band's next offering. When it comes it comes.

The greatest personal regret for me is the lack of a 3rd Last Rites album from two very very very decent people.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:21 am

VetForTheInsane wrote:
Carl needs to swallow his pride and get everyone back on board. Simple as.

Well, it does not mean that 20 years later, things will reconnect… It does happen (The Buzzcocks), but it's scarce. People do change, including us, most have gotten tired of waiting, being stiffed by concerts cancelation, and moved on. Would it not be putting a final nail on the Neff's coffin ? Even if the alternative is bugger all…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Deeg
Moonchild

Post by Deeg » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:27 pm

VetForTheInsane wrote:
I doubt the motivation is money. P2P services and streaming killed the revenue from new releases for all but mega sellers. Bands currently make money from live shows and merchandise. The paucity of live shows indicates this is not a motivation and good for it.

I would rather a limited number of "events", where peeps make an effort to attend and gather to ignore each other before hand than an yearly tour of flea pits around the globe where you can take it or leave it.

If a new album arrives, it arrives, i have enough faves from old material to keep me ticking over.
WallaceNor
Moonchild

Post by WallaceNor » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:16 am

oldnephilim wrote:I doubt the motivation is money. P2P services and streaming killed the revenue from new releases for all but mega sellers. Bands currently make money from live shows and merchandise. The paucity of live shows indicates this is not a motivation and good for it.

I would rather a limited number of "events", where peeps make an effort to attend and gather to ignore each other before hand than an yearly tour of flea pits around the globe where you can take it or leave it.

If a new album arrives, it arrives, i have enough faves from old material to keep me ticking over.
A new album would be amazing!
Last edited by WallaceNor on Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:03 pm

a new album? Not for now, Tony is busy with other projects, Carl silent more than ever, dropped dead, auto-hypnotized.
VisiGoth1
Moonchild

Post by VisiGoth1 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:48 pm

*cthulhu*
Last edited by VisiGoth1 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elisium Fields
Watcher

Post by Elisium Fields » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:04 pm

redshaman wrote:I remember in August 2014 they put on the news section on the bands website about they were finally compiling songs for the new album (out of the darkness or something) and to keep watching for a release schedule,I then went into hospital for 3 months and when i came out i went straight onto the website as i thought i'd missed something on a new material release date and then realised nothing had happened.
Its become obvious that they just tell lies to keep people buying tickets/t-shirts, all that rubbish about a special sampler on the march 2016 German tour that still hasn't seen the light of day 13 months later. If it had existed it would have been available at one of the London shows or other gigs last year.
I wouldn't be surprised if the only thing that gets released this year is another format for Prophecy,on CD probably,available on their web store for some outrageous price.One track probably as well.
I think Carl should just pack it in. Like someone said, they are just destroying their legacy now. No-one believes anything that's announced anymore (when they do announce anything) so why bother.
Since the Nephs comeback show in 2007, The Mission (my other favourite band) have released an album in 2007, split up for 3 years,got back together,released an album in 2013, toured the world, and have just released another album and touring Europe twice this year. I'm going to concentrate on The Mission this year as at least they tour properly and release new material frequently and have respect for their fans.Everything the Nephs don't do.So sod em.
Not much can be added to that.

I have totally given up all hope of any further releases or even re-releases in any format, in any way, shape or form.

I really do not understand why they continue to still run the official web site when nothing is ever added to it, except the odd t-shirt or poster.......... :cry:
"I stand alone, inside you.....I stand alone, the skys bruised..........."
Deeg
Moonchild

Post by Deeg » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:49 am

A. If the album is self-produced, the band can make money.

while streaming can provide an income its hard to make a living from it. Using Spotify as an example, the Nephs most streamed track is Moonchild with approx 666k plays. Stream Royalty Calculator, which uses multiple industry data sources since Spotify dont reveal their payment rates calculates the total return to the royalty holder as $2400 since Spotify started. This is a rough figure as payment rates fluctuate and some Artists get better terms.

B. McCoys talent is monumental. "She" - best song ever written.

One of the better ever written but not the best, Laughing Gnome is up there too.

C. The Nephilim may have been thru some unknown illnesses.

They also may have had a long picnic, not sure of relevance to online income.

G. Good discernment in music is rare now, esp. in America

Seak and you shall find, problem is some can't be arsed to seak and wanted served on a plate to them by others.

H. Hello, are you still reading this ? :lol:

Just found it :D

I. I think "Mourning Sun" is way amazing, don't you ?

Yes. Not my favourite track on the album but one of their better tracks. It does however annoy me live when some of the crowd cheer during the silent bit but thats one of my pet peeves along with cameras at gigs. I'm in therapy for it, the Doctor says I Should just let it go and be in the moment more...I say whats the point of being in a ruined moment and what about the other 23, do i need to be in them also?