How The Fields Of The Nephilim Had The Last Laugh (article)

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

WolfLover
Dawnrazor

How The Fields Of The Nephilim Had The Last Laugh (article)

Post by WolfLover » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:22 am

I'm not sure if someone posted this before but I thought I'd share it anyway. I came across it completely by accident. It's a pretty good article, although I wish it was longer.

http://teamrock.com/feature/2012-08-17/ ... last-laugh
Last edited by WolfLover on Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you pass through my soul tonight
Gather all his troubles
Tomorrow's long with eternal night
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
Discover all of earth's surprises
When I'm gone wait here
I'll send my child my last good smile
ThomasB
Nephilim

Re: How The Fields Of The Nephilim Had The Last Laugh (artic

Post by ThomasB » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:16 am

WolfLover wrote:I'm not sure if someone posted this before but I thought I'd share it anyway. I came across it completely by accident. It's a pretty good article, although I wiah it was longer.

http://teamrock.com/feature/2012-08-17/ ... last-laugh
Interesting, but what is that "chicken dancing brigade" they mention ? Some arcane reference the way only the Brit musical press can invoke ?
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:17 am

The dancing chicken brigade could be one amongst other Neph legions not yet mentioned -unlike the Towerrazors!
I imagine they refer to the way people used to move bodies waving hands during the gigs of each of the triade FOTN-SOM-Mission.

Yes it is a cool article filled with joyfull tone which I don't remember reading at the time (4 years ago). Thanks Wolflover for sharing it.

Unfortunately « The Outer Limits: Fields Of The Nephilim » the article of December 2015 -linked at the end of it- is not available in full as it is required to subscribe to read the rest in another page.

Good also to read that for Carl, Ceromonies was meant to be "no swan song, nor a nod to nostalgia", and this “I’ve not got anywhere near where I want to be musically yet,” he says. “The band needs to be more mature before it can be fully appreciated. I’ve done my apprenticeship and I believe the future will be my strength. But I’m a patient person – and I’ll get there eventually.” (his words).
Beladona
Moonchild

Post by Beladona » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:10 pm

Ngie wrote:Good also to read that for Carl, Ceromonies was meant to be "no swan song, nor a nod to nostalgia", and this “I’ve not got anywhere near where I want to be musically yet,” he says. “The band needs to be more mature before it can be fully appreciated. I’ve done my apprenticeship and I believe the future will be my strength. But I’m a patient person – and I’ll get there eventually.” (his words).
Great to read this!
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:36 pm

Ngie wrote:
Yes it is a cool article filled with joyfull tone which I don't remember reading at the time (4 years ago). Thanks Wolflover for sharing it.

Unfortunately « The Outer Limits: Fields Of The Nephilim » the article of December 2015 -linked at the end of it- is not available in full as it is required to subscribe to read the rest in another page.

Good also to read that for Carl, Ceromonies was meant to be "no swan song, nor a nod to nostalgia", and this “I’ve not got anywhere near where I want to be musically yet,” he says. “The band needs to be more mature before it can be fully appreciated. I’ve done my apprenticeship and I believe the future will be my strength. But I’m a patient person – and I’ll get there eventually.” (his words).
No problem. It is indeed a pity the rest of ' The Outer Limits: Fields Of The Nephilim' is not available, and is required to subscribe to read the rest of it. 'Ceromonies' was an incredible live album, maybe even better than 'Earth Inferno' in some ways, but as everyone knows 'Earth Inferno' is also an incredible live album.
If you pass through my soul tonight
Gather all his troubles
Tomorrow's long with eternal night
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
Discover all of earth's surprises
When I'm gone wait here
I'll send my child my last good smile
rossva
Moonchild

Post by rossva » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:01 am

Thanks for the share, hadn't read this before...
Elsye
Moonchild

Post by Elsye » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:31 pm

Thank you for sharing this.
It's a great find. I learnt a lot and I thought I knew a lot about the band back in the 80s and early 90s. Seems not. I do remember hearing about the flour incident from the band themselves.
I'm afraid I'll hold my hands up to being one of the dancing chicken brigade back then.
Though I'm not liking the name, sounds like some derogatory term the NME would have used back then.