30 Years ago - FOTN in Munster, Germany...wow

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Gruetoff
Moonchild

30 Years ago - FOTN in Munster, Germany...wow

Post by Gruetoff » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:08 pm

Just noticed... its 30 years ago, that great , first FOTN gig I went to... Good old times. I cannot help it, but at times I wonder where the boys would be now if they had not split up. How about you ? 1st Neph gig ? Anyone ?
Ngie
Leviathan

Re: 30 Years ago - FOTN in Munster, Germany...wow

Post by Ngie » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:17 pm

The first live performance of FOTN for me was at Lyon E.N.T.P.E. (France) the 29th of September 1988. It was 28 years ago during the Precious to the Lost tour for the The Nephilim album.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:39 am

Paris, I guess 1988 too…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Gruetoff
Moonchild

Post by Gruetoff » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:49 pm

damn.. you are right... it was 88. still a great night, good gig.
matthewaos
Moonchild

Post by matthewaos » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:50 pm

My first time was their first time in greece... 2008 I think. Great show, if you exclude that the backing tracks stopped working, but only in the very beginning.
MintyTheCat
Moonchild

Post by MintyTheCat » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:34 pm

I am actually quite impressed as to how many french Neph fans there are on here - I have not met any myself but pleased to see you people are fans.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:00 am

MintyTheCat wrote:I am actually quite impressed as to how many french Neph fans there are on here - I have not met any myself but pleased to see you people are fans.

Yes, the parisian goth scene (from what I could tell) was small but quite enthusiastic. Of course, it's all gone, there's just this metal thingy which has a right to exist… (And the hipster, but I don't give a toss about those.)
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
MintyTheCat
Moonchild

Post by MintyTheCat » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:58 am

ThomasB wrote:
MintyTheCat wrote:I am actually quite impressed as to how many french Neph fans there are on here - I have not met any myself but pleased to see you people are fans.

Yes, the parisian goth scene (from what I could tell) was small but quite enthusiastic. Of course, it's all gone, there's just this metal thingy which has a right to exist… (And the hipster, but I don't give a toss about those.)
It is still going in London and Berlin, that's unfortunate for Paris.
I feel most at home in the Goth clubs personally.
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:40 pm

ThomasB wrote:Yes, the parisian goth scene (from what I could tell) was small but quite enthusiastic. Of course, it's all gone
WTF? The 1st goths I saw in my life were two girls in a bus in Germany in the middle of the 80ties. White faces, black lace dresses and they looked so cool. And they were French. And what the heck did become out the the French Cold Wave scene?
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:52 pm

markandre13 wrote:
ThomasB wrote:Yes, the parisian goth scene (from what I could tell) was small but quite enthusiastic. Of course, it's all gone
WTF? The 1st goths I saw in my life were two girls in a bus in Germany in the middle of the 80ties. White faces, black lace dresses and they looked so cool. And they were French. And what the heck did become out the the French Cold Wave scene?
Hi Markandre13, how is going the french coldwave scene ? I don't know much. That's a question which requires some investigation, and which should fit in another thread of this forum : to be started and continued from those who feel like so in the General section.