For Her Light Tour Poster - when they were large

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

MintyTheCat
Moonchild

For Her Light Tour Poster - when they were large

Post by MintyTheCat » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:18 pm

Hello all,

posters have most certainly shrunk in size since the 80s.

My first introduction to FoTN was when I visited my uncle back in 1994 who is a massive Neph fan. He had the For Her Light tour poster on his wall, all nicely framed. I was blown away by the image first of all then the music stuck with me and before long I was taken :D

I asked my uncle many years later if I could have his FHR poster when he died to which he agreed. A couple of years after that when I had left University I ask him for the poster and he tells me he "threw it on the tip" - just like that. Naturally, I was shocked, stunned and none too impressed by all this.

Long story short: it took me 17 years to finally track another copy of that poster down and what a beauty it is.

Do any of you people have that poster? Was there just the single cover's image used as the poster or were there other posters? I ask this as from memory I recall there being another version - but memories cloud and this was in 1994 !

Are any of you searching for some elusive, neph related item that has had you on a chase for years?

I had a similar situation once again when I got the ZOON poster back in 1996 and in those days it was a lot harder to track things down. I then lost it during a house move and then got another copy of that poster many years later which is signed by McCoy :)

I have only ever found myself in these types of situations wrt FoTN :D

Edit: 19/Feb/2016:

I have found a photo that I took of it last time I had the poster out of its box - I need to get around to framing this.

Edit: 23/Sept/2019:

The hosting site for the image must have purged the file. A user contacted me about this and I'll try my best to find it and re-upload for you all to see ;)

Cheers,

Minty.
Last edited by MintyTheCat on Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Last Voice
Watcher

Re: For Her Light Tour Poster - when they were large

Post by The Last Voice » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:05 pm

I didn't know there was a FHL poster. Please post a photo if you can. I had a Zoon poster for many years. Still got my 'Mark of The Watchman' flag though.
Mine is the last voice you will ever hear... Do not be alarmed.
MintyTheCat
Moonchild

Post by MintyTheCat » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:43 pm

The Last Voice wrote:I didn't know there was a FHL poster. Please post a photo if you can. I had a Zoon poster for many years. Still got my 'Mark of The Watchman' flag though.
See above ;)
Dr Cerebus
Watcher

Post by Dr Cerebus » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:40 am

The real question has to be... what is so embarrassing about the DVDs that their covers had to be masked :shock:
falling from ecstasy...
...amongst other things
The Last Voice
Watcher

Post by The Last Voice » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:02 pm

That's a LARGE poster indeed, judging it's scale from the DVD boxes used to keep it flat. I'd go for one, were they reprinted.

Thanks for adding the pic BTW.
Mine is the last voice you will ever hear... Do not be alarmed.
MintyTheCat
Moonchild

Post by MintyTheCat » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:23 pm

The Last Voice wrote:That's a LARGE poster indeed, judging it's scale from the DVD boxes used to keep it flat. I'd go for one, were they reprinted.

Thanks for adding the pic BTW.
It took me years and years to find one and I have only ever seen two in my life.

It dominates an entire wall but it is a very good image.
Elsye
Moonchild

Post by Elsye » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:16 pm

Yes, I have that poster. You used to be able to buy them form the t-shirt stall.
I bought mine before a gig, I forget which one , we went to so many and one of the sellers wrote my name on it and put it aside for me to collect later. I think it was the second time they played at Folkestone.
Mine was same huge For Her Light poster promoting the tour as seen in your photo. I had it up in my room and then bought another poster with dates of the Elyzium tour. I put that up as well next to a Power poster with Carl pointing a gun.
I had a big room back then. Happy days.
MintyTheCat
Moonchild

Post by MintyTheCat » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:33 pm

Elsye wrote:Yes, I have that poster. You used to be able to buy them form the t-shirt stall.
I bought mine before a gig, I forget which one , we went to so many and one of the sellers wrote my name on it and put it aside for me to collect later. I think it was the second time they played at Folkestone.
Mine was same huge For Her Light poster promoting the tour as seen in your photo. I had it up in my room and then bought another poster with dates of the Elyzium tour. I put that up as well next to a Power poster with Carl pointing a gun.
I had a big room back then. Happy days.
That's great. Yes, you must have had a large room back then :)
When I eventually have the space I will get mine framed and on the wall.
They really did have much larger posters back then compared to what is on offer lately.
MintyTheCat
Moonchild

Post by MintyTheCat » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:36 pm

Dr Cerebus wrote:The real question has to be... what is so embarrassing about the DVDs that their covers had to be masked :shock:
They are all horror films. I just thought it would detract from the image of the poster really - I have nothing to hide ;)