Stephen Carey for lead guitarist of Fields of the Nephilim

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Stephen Carey for Lead guitarist of Fields of the Nephilim?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:45 pm

Perfect choice?
63%
Not?
38%

Total votes: 8
Dravid
Moonchild

Re: Stephen Carey for lead guitarist of Fields of the Nephi

Post by Dravid » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:58 pm

Like most who have chimed in here (and unllike other forum members), I would like the current live staple to sound less metal and more like the real deal :mrgreen: Less The Nephilim, more Fields of the Nephilim, that is.

My point, however, was that the metal sound is NOT coming from AJ. At least at the gigs I was at with him, he was sounding less metal than the other 'new' live musicians. I'm well aware of him being metal. But he is not the one bringing metal into the Nephs. Besides, ALL the other musicians who have played since 07 have had some metal influence, too.

As this might just sound like an unstubstantiated opinion, I am inclined to open a thread about musical styles of the live musicians. I'll try to find some time and examples on youtube.

Maybe not worth it anymore, though. I'm currently wondering whether we'll see AJ and LN again. Whitby will tell.
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:37 pm

Dravid wrote:I've been in touch with Steve and am happy to pass on that the new release is in progress. Most of the music apart from the vocals done. It might take a bit longer than expected, but apparently nothing to worry about.
This sentence look alike the uncounting announcements posted on the official Page since 400 Billion suns ago :mrgreen: or some say the new album will be revealed during the opening ceremoney of BER airport which is now around 2030 (!!)
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:41 pm

Dravid wrote:nothing to worry about.
This sentence reminds me of the sentence I wanted to hear. :D
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson