Guitar Tablatures

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:37 pm

Bau wrote:
Poison Ivy wrote:I am looking for any help in new version 'From the Fire'...I put also similar link to old stuff in 'Links' section...so anyone close to play it ? *smoking*
why Ivy I didn't know you were an axe slinger, why didn't you say so before?

I gave the song a quick listen for you.
Thank you Bau *notworthy* Well you never ask.... 8) and I never before wanted to play anything Nephilimish...as without well known vocalist....it wil be no good..and I have to change sound of my guitar to play higher - retuned? (how to say it in english???). but at least it hit me ...ofcourse it was a question of time you may say...
And your axes are beautifull ! I have 4 and bass...but all I can say about...they are all BLACK *whistle*
...first one I got from my father when I was 16...poor man he did not know what he did :lol: I might find a picture of me from that time, well it is still with me but as a precious memory, no longer playable :(

I am dreaming about that beauty now...i but it is so....you know....if I will succeded I should get it as a birthday present again need a help from my dad...but it is so long until December!!!

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_rghrg1b ... r_id=25293

What do you think ? I think I and she would be a perfect match :lol:
I know, I know...but it is love from first sight :oops:
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:12 pm

Poison Ivy wrote:
Bau wrote:
Poison Ivy wrote:I am looking for any help in new version 'From the Fire'...I put also similar link to old stuff in 'Links' section...so anyone close to play it ? *smoking*
why Ivy I didn't know you were an axe slinger, why didn't you say so before?

I gave the song a quick listen for you.
Thank you Bau *notworthy* Well you never ask.... 8) and I never before wanted to play anything Nephilimish...as without well known vocalist....it wil be no good..and I have to change sound of my guitar to play higher - retuned? (how to say it in english???). but at least it hit me ...ofcourse it was a question of time you may say...
And your axes are beautifull ! I have 4 and bass...but all I can say about...they are all BLACK *whistle*
...first one I got from my father when I was 16...poor man he did not know what he did :lol: I might find a picture of me from that time, well it is still with me but as a precious memory, no longer playable :(

I am dreaming about that beauty now...i but it is so....you know....if I will succeded I should get it as a birthday present again need a help from my dad...but it is so long until December!!!

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_rghrg1b ... r_id=25293

What do you think ? I think I and she would be a perfect match :lol:
I know, I know...but it is love from first sight :oops:
thanks to all for the compliments on my gear, there was a lot of blood let over the years to get that stuff, trust me. No ditch digging with silver spoon here, scratch and clawed only.

The zippo one you know, one not pictured, a gift or should I say a bribe from my daughter's father after a long 'bender' who was my bands original bassist ( strange is Carl looks remarkably like him in certain photos, and in a very strange coincidence I had come apon an obituary with the name Carl McCoy on it just as I had gotten a phone call that he died, too wierd, but I digress ) the red one was a cheap 'rescue mission' as many are, under what looks like paint , which are actualy stickers are a whole lot of serious wood wounds, the Kramer was my first real guitar, I worked for months in my dads salloon to pay for it. The headless guitar, was sitting abandon in our shed for a long time, the bridge missing because my brother built a travel guitar with it and took it round the world with him when touring with BonJovi. He gave me the bridge back to rebuild it when he returned. (on a funny note too, my studio was actualy Skidrow's, rehearsal space before they left for that first tour, I used to play on all thier equipment when they weren't there tee hee *whistle* )

So if you have four guitars you shouldn't you set them up as different tunings? Isn't that part of the purpose of having different guitars?? Each one of mine serves a different purpose or is of signifigance in some way.

how bout some pic of your guitars? Any videos of you playing or mp3's??

You have great taste in guitars but hon this is the REAL DEAL.....

http://www.eastcoastmusic.com/giger.htm

I first saw this at a guitar show I was working and fell in love! I wanted to play it so bad but they wouldn't let me even touch it, as it was the only prototype there was! Oh I was sweating blood! its zinc coated and etched, the dealer said they had a hell of a time getting the zinc to adhear to the wood. mirror inlays whew. the zinc made it heavy as hell, don't know why they didn't try using aluminum, mabee too soft a metal...

I dreamed of this guitar for a long time, knowing I coudn't have it because I couldn't aford it. finaly got to play it at a music store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vig3FT6K-XM

( wow check out the the video that was linked to my giger one! mermaid guitar! ouch and the song :cry: )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGQ3pAFX ... re=related

But you know once I got to know it better, its so heavy ... with my health probs it would just hurt me trying to wear it. I also decided that I didn't want a guitar that everyone else loved and wanted, I wanted one ment for me, made for me, mine alone, so I started building my 'shaman' guitars, the source of that inspiration. One gets tired of wishing for things they can't seem to obtain. Mabee they only look shiny from a distence anyway. Besides , it does you no good if its not with you and all you can do is dream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO4oI10t ... re=related

http://www.loveride.org/history.htm

Edit-
....just found this, how fitting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojQahL3L_aM

So the guy grrr is all yours.

a bar you might want to visit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMyTt_ucW8o

Last edited by Bau on Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:35 pm

Thank you Bau for your interest, I understand your need of personal fit with the instrument, but me is just another story and I do want that one so much....:oops: if I will get it I surly make some records :lol:
But you look totally pleased with it on that record !

...I wanted also that one, but I would look totally wrong ....with that one...anyway I want something more than ordinary...I think Gigers fit me better...that one is for REAL MAN :roll:

http://www.bcrich.com/v_kk.asp

Well...we will see, if I ever be satisfy with my own version of 'From the
Fire' + bass line....in my style...remember we do not have gothic scene in Poland...we make a lot of noise metalish style...and I never sad I am good one *smoking* I can share it :lol: but are you ready for it with female vocal :lol: :lol: :lol: it will be CARNAGE...... :oops:
I think all Dawnrazors will run away :lol: :lol: :lol: so porhaps I will only PM you :lol:
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:02 pm

um wuff
*cthulhu*
I was just on scribd.com, wasn't looking for Neph stuff at all, was just looking up some stuff to use as guitar lesson material but for some odd reason this came up in the search anyways , so enjoy. Don't know if the tab is correct, haven't sniffed at it yet.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/109908/fields ... -tablature
eotunun
Moonchild

Post by eotunun » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:13 pm

Just checked it, it's identical to one of the Ultimate Guitar tabs archieve ones-If I remember right it was wrong..
By the way, may I express my envy for you lucky lot owning such wonderfull planks? Stephenson&Brown Strat Copy and a Tenson Les Paul here..
Got the S&B Strat for 20€ on Ebay as the trussrod is FUBAR. It's playable though. I love it.
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:29 am

eotunun wrote:Just checked it, it's identical to one of the Ultimate Guitar tabs archieve ones-If I remember right it was wrong..
By the way, may I express my envy for you lucky lot owning such wonderfull planks? Stephenson&Brown Strat Copy and a Tenson Les Paul here..
Got the S&B Strat for 20€ on Ebay as the trussrod is FUBAR. It's playable though. I love it.
hello fellow axe slinger!

ah well, pity. One day I will get around to doing some transcriptions perhaps.
eotunun
Moonchild

Post by eotunun » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:09 pm

I'll say "Hello Axe-Slingeress"
Signed:
He who clumsily crawleth up and down the scales.
..there's more left for me to learn playingwise than I can be happy with. :roll: ..I move on, though.
And I can hear, so I notice which tabs are okay and which aren't. :mrgreen:
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:10 pm

I was working a bit on the intro to STTL. Interesting little phrase , terribly close to some of the stuff I've written , particularly a certain riff on my 12tring. Its so similar its almost palgerism :oops: . I guess because the type of strum/pick pattern in it I use an awful lot.
Its a sort of triplet or gallop feel to it I guess you might call it.
the main chords are C minor to an G# major (the 6th) by changing a few notes giving it a sort of Phygian sound, with a Csus2/Gsus4 in there a bit by using a D note.

I'm not realy sure if the leaving the 1string on the G# chord so I left it off the chart. Or if these transitional notes are 2 separate recordings but playing it this way sounds close alternating the D+D# & G+G# accordingly. The 4th string is played with the pinky btw.

if anyone is interested, mabee a how-to video to follow if I get my druthers. Still can't seem to find those. those damn marbles of mine either. :evil: they just rolled away one day and that was it for me. Game over. :mrgreen:
zev
Psychonaut

Post by zev » Mon May 04, 2009 10:47 am

I tried "Vet for the insane" last weekend, this is how I think the arpeggios are:

e|-----0---------|
b|----0-0-0-----|
g|---5---5------|
d|--7-----------|
A|-0------------|
E|---------------|

e|---0--0-------0-----|
b|----66-6----6-6----|
g|--3---------3------4|
d|-5--------5------5--|
A|---------------------|
E|---------------------|

Ad infinitum :lol:
zev
Psychonaut

Post by zev » Mon May 04, 2009 11:04 am

At the gates of silent memory:

e|--------------|
b|---------5--6-|
g|---7--7---7--|
d|-7--7---------|
A|-------------|
E|---------------|

e|------------------5--------------|
b|---------5--5h6---6----5----6--|
g|---7--7---7---------7-----7----|
d|-7--7---------------------------|
A|---------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------|
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Mon May 04, 2009 4:14 pm

thanks for posting. I may have a sniff at those, been tracking other music at the moment, some reggae rythms and such for a friends gigs.

here is a nice pic of Tom showing off that cool Ibanez he's got

Ibanez makes some great guitars, I realy like the necks on my RG series ones, though some of their guitars I don't care for Jacksons I like a lot too. Oh I like most everything with strings :)

pic of me on a bass like John C's. only this is a Vampyre4.

decent instrument. din't try it with a strap but by the shape of it , it looks nicely ballenced. I realy have a prob with guitars that are 'topheavy' I've got a old Kramer explorer style bass that sounds fantastic but its got this fenderP headstock and huge tuners and is heavy and unwieldy as hell. great for recording though.
shackled
Watcher

Post by shackled » Mon May 04, 2009 5:45 pm

I just watched some of your vids, Bau.
And I'm impressed! 8)
I sleep with poison dreams and a borrowed hope that died.
shackled
Watcher

Post by shackled » Mon May 04, 2009 6:14 pm

This is my most recent bass.
It's just a Dean EAB I got for practice and writing.
It's not a bad guitar for acoustic purposes, but sounds like shit plugged in.

8)
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Mon May 04, 2009 6:26 pm

shackled wrote:I just watched some of your vids, Bau.
And I'm impressed! 8)
why thank you thats very gracious of you! :D
Its realy a bunch of fooling around, innocuous insinuations, and pics of my pets on there :wink:
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Mon May 04, 2009 6:31 pm

shackled wrote:This is my most recent bass.
It's just a Dean EAB I got for practice and writing.
It's not a bad guitar for acoustic purposes, but sounds like shit plugged in.

8)
8)

you don't see acoustic bass often.

most acoustics sound like shit plugged in IMO. I think the martin electronics sound ok, Ive got a D'armand in-hole pickup thats not bad. but I don't like the idea of something like that interfering with the soundboard.
shackled
Watcher

Post by shackled » Mon May 04, 2009 6:37 pm

Bau wrote:
And I'm impressed! 8)
Its realy a bunch of fooling around, innocuous insinuations, and pics of my pets on there :wink:
I AM was fcuking cool, though. :)
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Mon May 04, 2009 7:00 pm

shackled wrote:
Bau wrote:
And I'm impressed! 8)
I AM was fcuking cool, though. :)
thanks its one of the better ones :wink:

I haven't been on there in a while and was just reading some of the comments. :lol: boy some people sure do like to say insulting things about me! you'd think I was Carl McCoy or somthing *whistle*
Dauthus
Moonchild

Post by Dauthus » Tue May 05, 2009 6:22 pm

Is it me, or do the links to the guitar tabs in the first post are broken now...? :S
zev
Psychonaut

Post by zev » Tue May 05, 2009 9:20 pm

Dauthus wrote:Is it me, or do the links to the guitar tabs in the first post are broken now...? :S
The links are broken, but you can find those tabs here instead:

http://www.guitaretab.com/f/fields-of-the-nephilim/
maxisback
Moonchild

Re: Guitar Tablatures

Post by maxisback » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:24 pm

hey retrogoth any chance you can provide me with the bass tabs for the slap part of sumerland as well as the picked delay part that follows during what is reality? Been trying to get that right with the delay but I'm still off.
Anyone else on here who can help with that would be much appreciated.