Dawnrazor.co.uk

Fields of the Nephilim Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: List rare/alternate/live/demo/studio Nephilim songs req
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:41 pm 
Offline
Moonchild
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:48 am
Posts: 79
Cheers Bro! The Force is strong in you!!!! I believe we have so much more to talk about here... Forever Remain!! *smoking*

Even though (Dead But Dreaming) For Her Light (Two) is the title track for my CDS (BEG244CD) ...
There are 3 more songs on it.

Tracklisting:

1. For Her Light One
2. Submission Two (The Dub Posture)
3. (Dead But Dreaming) For Her Light
4. Submission (Non-Resistance)

Notice the 4 different symbols sequence on the tracks in the photo.

Are you absolutely sure about the FHL (Two) conclusion on this? [not trying to be difficult - just want it 100% A.M.A.P.]
I do see, do understand and agree to a point about what you have written about Dead But Dreaming For Her Light.

I totally agree with you about FHL (Three) ...
However, must it all be labelled in chronological order?
I understand, we should evaluate it in time order for it to make illuminated sense.
Though, some remake/alternate versions/song sequels do not have numbers i.e.
One More Nightmare (Trees Come Down AD) and Darkcell AD;
Yet, numbers, tallies and/or numerals may label things of a higher amount later in time and of lower amount closer in time;
As is the case with Fields Of The Nephilim/Nefilim and also other bands that we won't mention on this thread or post.

I would post the photo for my Zoon Special Edition, yet maybe it deserves to a special new thread for all it's amazingly über stunning sublime and fascinating vision, art, songs, demos, and legacy.

Another question: Have you got the Nefilim Zoon Special Edition ... and if so, did you remove the sticker on the bottom spine that reaches over to the lower back left of the cardboard slipcase?

I really do appreciate, am very grateful and certainly very much respect our friendship. *smoking* Forever Remain!! \\N//


Attachments:
FOTN - DBDFHL CDS.JPG
FOTN - DBDFHL CDS.JPG [ 255.77 KiB | Viewed 4293 times ]

_________________
...Forever Lost...\\N//...Forever Remain...
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: List rare/alternate/live/demo/studio Nephilim songs req
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 pm 
Offline
Moonchild
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:48 am
Posts: 79
P.S. THX very much for the Audacity software tip. :idea:

_________________
...Forever Lost...\\N//...Forever Remain...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: List rare/alternate/live/demo/studio Nephilim songs req
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:52 am 
Offline
Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:25 pm
Posts: 269
Location: Zululand
Which symbols? This ++++++ type of thing? What of them?

I'm not absolutely sure of my conclusion re (deadbutdreaming) For Her Light Two, it's my opinion. But it's based on the fact that the band that recorded the song did not perform it in another arrangement at all.

If one only has a handful of variants then one has no need for great precision. I have 169 versions of For Her Light - so I'll use a label system that works for me. It happens to be chronological because I record the yyyy/mm/dd of release or performance of everything I digitise, for efficient database retrieval. Without such, how would I have been able to provide a list of so many variants of For Her Light?

I suspect that Jungle Records added the (Trees Come Down AD) part to the One More Nightmare title. It's there for the consumer IMO, and not necessary to identify the track.

I have the variants of the Zoon album, but would never have dreamed of removing any sticker that is included, unless it's placed on the shrinkwrap that seals the release. I'll dig my copy out tomorrow, but I can't think it's more than a barcode.

If the discussion of Zoon warrants a new thread make it so.

_________________
Mine is the last voice you will ever hear... Do not be alarmed.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: List rare/alternate/live/demo/studio Nephilim songs req
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:54 am 
Offline
Nephilim
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:57 pm
Posts: 2039
Location: Germany
i listened to the eurorock festival recording from 2000 (As Fields of the Nephilim AD) with this interesting combination

Dead But Dreaming / For Her Light (One)
Dawnrazor (guitar riffs in the middle part different)


And its more a cover version but it should be also on the list:
Penetration covered by Behemoth (Slaves Shall Serve EP) http://www.discogs.com/Behemoth-Slaves- ... ster/22782

and what currently happened: "And There Will Your Heart Be Also" covered live by Evi Vine and Peter Yates (yes THIS Peter Yates) on the live tour still looking for an audience recording i wasnt there DAMMIT !!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: List rare/alternate/live/demo/studio Nephilim songs req
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:25 pm 
Offline
Moonchild
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:48 am
Posts: 79
The Last Voice wrote:
Which symbols? This ++++++ type of thing? What of them?


Yes, this type of thing. Each song has a different set of symbols. Was asking for your highly respected opinion. I am still researching this...

The Last Voice wrote:
I'm not absolutely sure of my conclusion re (deadbutdreaming) For Her Light Two, it's my opinion. But it's based on the fact that the band that recorded the song did not perform it in another arrangement at all.


I hope we are a bit clearer now. The band officially did versions I, II, III, that we can be absolutely sure of where officially stated by the band or in the case of the several live III versions (unreleased demo/studio and performed live) that are clearly very much different from I and II, studio and live. However, the aspects of (Dead But Dreaming) For Her Light, along with cuts, intact aspects and additions to them; and with cuts, intact aspects and additions to At The Gates Of Silent Memory and Paradise Regained; makes this not so a forgone conclusion. I suspect that there are quite possibly at least 5 versions heard somewhere (outside the band etc) and many more demo and alternate versions (inside the band etc) ...

The Last Voice wrote:
If one only has a handful of variants then one has no need for great precision. I have 169 versions of For Her Light - so I'll use a label system that works for me. It happens to be chronological because I record the yyyy/mm/dd of release or performance of everything I digitise, for efficient database retrieval. Without such, how would I have been able to provide a list of so many variants of For Her Light?


Yes, I see your point. Very impressive. Of course you should see, use and do what works for you. I am very pleased you feel as comparably strongly and passionate with Dead But Dreaming For Her Light I, II, III; and For Her Light I, II, III! Whilst it is not my favourite lyrics; re-checking for Fields Of The Nephilim (Dead But Dreaming) For Her Light seamless on CDS is my dual favourite melody, especially for the intro 0m 00s to 1m 28.9s and the extended version of For Her Light 1m 29s to 5m 43s (no sound at last 3 seconds therefore is an increase of 4 seconds compared to other versions of For Her Light II); and this is why I call it version IIII as this is what works for me; and For Her Light (Two) is my dual favourite melody, (that I first heard on revelations on MC lol ... LUW; especially for the sequence 2m 37s to 3m 13s; where it picks up the pace, to euphoria, to the sublime ending; therefore my favourite combination is (Dead But Dreaming) seamless onto For Her Light (Two). Will have to make some adjustments... I previously got a bit confused with my 5 versions; though with your highly esteemed assistance, and my multiple source re-checking; I am much clearer now. Thank-you very much, indeed! :-)

The Last Voice wrote:
I suspect that Jungle Records added the (Trees Come Down AD) part to the One More Nightmare title. It's there for the consumer IMO, and not necessary to identify the track.


Yes, you're right to an high extent on Fallen and not quite so on the single and the 'b-side' that were completed and even though reluctantly agreed upon; quite possibly for cash reasons as perhaps an extra contract to Jungle and definitely as they totally rock!! Though this is also a many splintered black/grey/white line as recent years revised versions of Trees Come Down with/and/or (One More Nightmare) are amazing and revised Darkcell versions are even rarer and mysterious, especially live... if can be found...

However, on the
From official website:
http://www.fields-of-the-nephilim.com/2 ... NGLES.html

ONE MORE NIGHTMARE (10" Single) (4 Versions)
Jungle records 2000
Track listing
One More Nightmare (Trees Come Down AD)
Darkcell AD

(we should state the live alternates to all this as the unofficial Fallen was such a disappointing sore point--yet grateful for having it as it was--rather than none of it--And yes I do agree to a high extent with Carl's stance with distancing himself with it--But not disregarding it on the whole--And I do understand how heartbreaking it must have been for him to put his heart and soul into it and then have it released prematurely--But still appreciating what he has salvaged from it to be live and very grateful for what he moved onto with the official Ceremonies and Mourning Sun releases--And highly anticipating what he's doing now--Though along with the other 8 Fallen Demos--it was we are left with on 'The Way We Were Demos'--except for other revised live versions from this and the stunning sublime officially revised live at the official AD Mortem AD Vitam Ceremonies and on the official Ceremonies Compilations [though sadly not officially revised and remastered and re-released in single or album form] From The Fire) *notworthy* \\N//

The Last Voice wrote:
I have the variants of the Zoon album, but would never have dreamed of removing any sticker that is included, unless it's placed on the shrinkwrap that seals the release. I'll dig my copy out tomorrow, but I can't think it's more than a barcode.


Indeed, I am very reluctant of removing the record label barcode sticker, yet wondering if there is something etched underneath... Perhaps we can find an online photograph of the area on the spine and back of the Special Edition cardboard slipcase of Nefilim - Zoon CD. :arrow:

The Last Voice wrote:
If the discussion of Zoon warrants a new thread make it so.


Hey, of course we can talk about it here as Carl directs Zoon songs onto live Fields Of The Nephilim sets and there is much more. What I am really saying is that Nefilim, Zoon, it's dark amazing yet wonderfully brilliant art, demos, lyrics, songs and legacy deserves a special new post on The Fields Of The Nephilim thread central. :idea:

I reiterate:
I really do appreciate, am very grateful and certainly very much respect our friendship. *smoking* Forever Remain!! \\N//


Attachments:
one more nightmare III.jpg
one more nightmare III.jpg [ 241.58 KiB | Viewed 4267 times ]
one more nightmare II.jpg
one more nightmare II.jpg [ 246.35 KiB | Viewed 4267 times ]
one more nightmare I.jpg
one more nightmare I.jpg [ 243.93 KiB | Viewed 4267 times ]

_________________
...Forever Lost...\\N//...Forever Remain...


Last edited by Sumerian Memory on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: List rare/alternate/live/demo/studio Nephilim songs req
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:20 pm 
Offline
Moonchild
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:48 am
Posts: 79
NorthernNephilim wrote:
i listened to the eurorock festival recording from 2000 (As Fields of the Nephilim AD) with this interesting combination

Dead But Dreaming / For Her Light (One)
Dawnrazor (guitar riffs in the middle part different)


Excellent reference!!! Please expand upon this aspect anyhow...

NorthernNephilim wrote:
And its more a cover version but it should be also on the list:
Penetration covered by Behemoth (Slaves Shall Serve EP) http://www.discogs.com/Behemoth-Slaves- ... ster/22782


Indeed important and respected; I've considered this..
However this official FOTN Penetration song from The Nefilim classic with special guest Nergal link following was more relevant and a greater moment!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7iIoJS7Piw

NorthernNephilim wrote:
and what currently happened: "And There Will Your Heart Be Also" covered live by Evi Vine and Peter Yates (yes THIS Peter Yates) on the live tour still looking for an audience recording i wasnt there DAMMIT !!!!!!


Evi Vine Live 07.03.15. WOHNZIMMERKONZERT‏, SIEGEN:
Indeed sadly missed going there also... Hard to find facebook, youtube or general links to give more info.
Found this news out first from a Norwegian Sister.. Hope someone filmed this and uploads it somewhere...
This was a special moment; though the rising multi-talented wonderful and beautiful Star Evi mentioned that it may never be repeated:

Found this beauty on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrzKj_fNGlc

Latest preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avQN6MAZfQw

Thank-you very much Brother NorthernNephilim!!!! Forever Remain!! *smoking* \\N//

_________________
...Forever Lost...\\N//...Forever Remain...


Last edited by Sumerian Memory on Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: List rare/alternate/live/demo/studio Nephilim songs req
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:31 pm 
Offline
Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:25 pm
Posts: 269
Location: Zululand
NorthernNephilim wrote:
i listened to the eurorock festival recording from 2000 (As Fields of the Nephilim AD) with this interesting combination

Dead But Dreaming / For Her Light (One)


Nah, it's version Two

_________________
Mine is the last voice you will ever hear... Do not be alarmed.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: List rare/alternate/live/demo/studio Nephilim songs req
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:12 pm 
Offline
Nephilim
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:57 pm
Posts: 2039
Location: Germany
Oops :lol: really hard to differ this tons of For Her Light versions even for us collector nerds :oops:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: List rare/alternate/live/demo/studio Nephilim songs req
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:54 pm 
Offline
Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:25 pm
Posts: 269
Location: Zululand
NorthernNephilim wrote:
Oops :lol: really hard to differ this tons of For Her Light versions even for us collector nerds :oops:


No worries - I know how it is, get distracted for a moment while listening to these bootlegs and one can lose the plot fast.

_________________
Mine is the last voice you will ever hear... Do not be alarmed.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: List rare/alternate/live/demo/studio Nephilim songs req
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:48 pm 
Offline
Moonchild
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:48 am
Posts: 79
The Last Voice wrote:
NorthernNephilim wrote:
i listened to the eurorock festival recording from 2000 (As Fields of the Nephilim AD) with this interesting combination

Dead But Dreaming / For Her Light (One)


The Last Voice wrote:
Nah, it's version Two


The Last Voice wrote:
NorthernNephilim wrote:
Oops :lol: really hard to differ this tons of For Her Light versions even for us collector nerds :oops:


The Last Voice wrote:
No worries - I know how it is, get distracted for a moment while listening to these bootlegs and one can lose the plot fast.


I am profusely grateful for the fascinating revelation For Her Light III The Last Voice..!

However: Brothers... Brothers... :arrow: I think you're both losing the 'plot' for not responding adequately to my most recent replies to you both on 2 desperate [whoops edit: separate] post comments here; or today adding more than this to the list as you are both superb collectors... :shock: However... :idea: Forever Lost... :wink: Forever Remain Brothers!!!! *smoking*

_________________
...Forever Lost...\\N//...Forever Remain...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: List rare/alternate/live/demo/studio Nephilim songs req
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:07 pm 
Offline
Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:25 pm
Posts: 269
Location: Zululand
Sumerian Memory wrote:
However: Brothers... Brothers... :arrow: I think you're both losing the 'plot' for not responding adequately to my most replies

I'll try and play nice, but I'm going to be firm on a few points.

Try to make your posts shorter. Try to make your sentences shorter too, as some of them become eye-wateringly complicated due to their length, having odd punctuation, and multiple objectives. Also, I tend to switch off when GIANT .jpgs clutter a thread.

Sumerian Memory wrote:
The Last Voice wrote:
Which symbols? This ++++++ type of thing? What of them?

Yes, this type of thing. Was asking for your highly respected opinion. I am still researching this...

I have no opinion on the underlines, apart from an observation that it appears that FHL 1 on the CD and FHL 2 on 12" have the same number of ++++++, so that might mean that they're not a code.

Sumerian Memory wrote:
The band officially did versions I, II, III, that we can be absolutely sure of where officially stated by the band or in the case of the several live III versions (unreleased demo/studio and performed live) that are clearly very much different from I and II, studio and live. However, the aspects of (Dead But Dreaming) For Her Light, along with cuts, intact aspects and additions to them; and with cuts, intact aspects and additions to At The Gates Of Silent Memory and Paradise Regained; makes this not so a forgone conclusion. I suspect that there are quite possibly at least 5 versions heard somewhere (outside the band etc) and many more demo and alternate versions (inside the band etc)


Of course you're welcome to your opinion - but I remain steadfast in my belief that the band made 1 version and that all others are just edits of that version, made because the RECORD COMPANY wanted versions for their multiple formats of cassette, 7", 12" and CDS. There is no new music, no 'remix', no change in the arrangement, no change in pitch, no altered lyric, not even a different vocal take. Live, there have been variations, but apart from the early 1989 versions, and the 2010's version III there is nothing extraordinary about them.

Next...

Sumerian Memory wrote:
The Last Voice wrote:
I suspect that Jungle Records added the (Trees Come Down AD) part to the One More Nightmare title. It's there for the consumer IMO, and not necessary to identify the track.


Yes, you're right to an high extent on Fallen and not quite so on the single and the 'b-side' that were completed and even though reluctantly agreed upon; quite possibly for cash reasons as perhaps an extra contract to Jungle and definitely as they totally rock!! Though this is also a many splintered black/grey/white line as recent years revised versions of Trees Come Down with/and/or (One More Nightmare) are amazing and revised Darkcell versions are even rarer and mysterious, especially live... if can be found...

However, on the
From official website:
http://www.fields-of-the-nephilim.com/2 ... NGLES.html

ONE MORE NIGHTMARE (10" Single) (4 Versions)
Jungle records 2000
Track listing
One More Nightmare (Trees Come Down AD)
Darkcell AD

(we should state the live alternates to all this as the unofficial Fallen was such a disappointing sore point--yet grateful for having it as it was--rather than none of it--And yes I do agree to a high extent with Carl's stance with distancing himself with it--But not disregarding it on the whole--And I do understand how heartbreaking it must have been for him to put his heart and soul into it and then have it released prematurely--But still appreciating what he has salvaged from it to be live and very grateful for what he moved onto with the official Ceremonies and Mourning Sun releases--And highly anticipating what he's doing now--Though along with the other 8 Fallen Demos--it was we are left with on 'The Way We Were Demos'--except for other revised live versions from this and the stunning sublime officially revised live at the official AD Mortem AD Vitam Ceremonies and on the official Ceremonies Compilations [though sadly not officially revised and remastered and re-released in single or album form] From The Fire) *notworthy* \\N//


Umm, I don't know what to say, apart from, is there a question?

Fallen was NOT released prematurely. The sessions were abandoned, and as Carl took an advance from the record company, they were out of pocket. One must allow that they are a business, they own the session tapes and they are entitled to recoup their costs. Carl did nothing honourable by distancing himself from Fallen, and is rather a bad sport I feel. He likely did not return the money and we know he did nothing to promote the release. Further, the loss suffered by Jungle was probably not recovered by issuing Fallen and From the Fire and likely resulted in them having to issue Genesis and Revelation as a further attempt to recoup their losses. Again Carl distanced himself from that release, where he might have been a team player and done more for his fans he did nothing.

There is 1 variant of Darkcell AD, it's in the list at the top of this thread. Darkcell has never been performed live AFAIK, or at least, there are no recordings to share.

The version of OMN that graces Fallen is awkwardly mixed with Premonition. I assert that it was not Carl's intent, so won't consider Premonition/OMN an official mix. The 2 don't seem to belong together.

Ok???

_________________
Mine is the last voice you will ever hear... Do not be alarmed.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: List rare/alternate/live/demo/studio Nephilim songs req
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:24 am 
Offline
Moonchild
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:48 am
Posts: 79
OK,,, BROTHER,,, I respect your opinion,,, though if you're gonna quote me, I would respect it more if you could quote me right on the good, medium and 'bad' points! I have been slack sometimes (yes I can admit myself) ... Double ("...") and single ('...') quotation marks or inverted commas (you can use either term) can be used in the same ways. Whether you use double or single is up to you. One can use double for quotations and single for titles. This is what we do in Writing for University Courses. It can help the reader to see which are quotes and which are titles. Whatever you do, it is best to be consistent, i.e. one can do it all the way through your piece of work. This is partly because it looks better, but also to avoid the reader being confused. The following describes two main ways in which I use quotation marks/inverted commas: Where I apply these single quote marks e.g. 'Fallen' it also means there is doubt... where I apply double quote marks e.g. "Mourning Sun - No one here but I..." it is a more official and direct quote (yet anything can still be questioned) ... therefore it is best to have consistency (accuracy) ... yet sometimes there will be less words, sometimes more, some things said and some things left unsaid...

Hey, I was not being that serious on that last comment post! However, this is My Post--and photos provide proof (I stand up to defend my honour and/or switch off for more personal disrespect) ... and paint a thousand words... whilst I have generally respected and still do appreciate you commenting on it! BTW: Elsewhere, I am a professional photographer/artist/writer/author/publisher.

However, overall, in truth, this is no touch--no play--no game! So it you don;t want to lighten up--let's continue our enlightenment right now...

Uhh, was just applying a little bit of hunour to lighten things up... However, if you want to be firm on some points,,, I will show you how serious I can be too!!!

FYI:

Full reply incoming ~~~->

_________________
...Forever Lost...\\N//...Forever Remain...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: List rare/alternate/live/demo/studio Nephilim songs req
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:25 am 
Offline
Moonchild
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:48 am
Posts: 79
The Last Voice wrote:
Sumerian Memory wrote:
However: Brothers... Brothers... :arrow: I think you're both losing the 'plot' for not responding adequately to my most replies


The Last Voice wrote:
I'll try and play nice, but I'm going to be firm on a few points.


The Last Voice wrote:
Try to make your posts shorter. Try to make your sentences shorter too, as some of them become eye-wateringly complicated due to their length, having odd punctuation, and multiple objectives. Also, I tend to switch off when GIANT .jpgs clutter a thread.


...i will start off with an overall positive, deal with the positives, grey areas, negatives and end with an overall positive (as it should) ....You rock!!
though a shame you don't want to say a bit more to cover as much ground as I, for you to at least quote and reply my best remarks to you:

Sumerian Memory wrote:
Hey, of course we can talk about it here as Carl directs Zoon songs onto live Fields Of The Nephilim sets and there is much more. What I am really saying is that Nefilim, Zoon, it's dark amazing yet wonderfully brilliant art, demos, lyrics, songs and legacy deserves a special new post on The Fields Of The Nephilim thread central. :idea:

I reiterate:
I really do appreciate, am very grateful and certainly very much respect our friendship. *smoking* Forever Remain!! \\N//

or today adding more than this to the list as you are both superb collectors... :shock: However... :idea: Forever Lost... :wink: Forever Remain Brothers!!!! *smoking* \\N//


Oh well, nevermind... I don't need your praise/compliments/bond... (honestly) ...
Although I like to respect by giving them when reasonable and kind (quite a fair bit to a lot of the time) ...

OK,,, BROTHER,,, I respect your opinion,,, though if you're gonna quote me, I would respect it more if you could quote me right on the good, medium and 'bad' points! I have been slack sometimes (yes I can admit myself) ... Double ("...") and single ('...') quotation marks or inverted commas (you can use either term) can be used in the same ways. Whether you use double or single is up to you. One can use double for quotations and single for titles. This is what we do in Writing for University Courses. It can help the reader to see which are quotes and which are titles. Whatever you do, it is best to be consistent, i.e. one can do it all the way through your piece of work. This is partly because it looks better, but also to avoid the reader being confused. The following describes two main ways in which I use quotation marks/inverted commas: Where I apply these single quote marks e.g. 'Fallen' it also means there is doubt or something incredible or something not mainstream... where I apply double quote marks e.g. "Mourning Sun - No one here but I..." it is a more official and direct quote (yet anything can still be questioned) ... therefore it is best to have consistency (accuracy) ... yet sometimes there will be less words, sometimes more, some things said and some things left unsaid...

The sentence part you misquoted and now quoted correctly by myself:
Sumerian Memory wrote:
However: Brothers... Brothers... :arrow: I think you're both losing the 'plot' for not responding adequately to my most recent replies to you both on 2 desperate [whoops edit: separate] post comments here;


Oh, I do perceive it could be hard to concentrate sometimes, and yes, it could be considered frustrating to have to scroll sideways as well and up and down... No, I don't think you have been 'playing' or trying hard enough to be nice with your last comment post. I reiterate: However, overall, in truth, this is no touch--no play--no game! So it you don;t want to lighten up--let's continue our enlightenment right now...

Hey, I was not being that serious on that last comment post! However, this is My Post--and photos provide proof (I stand up to defend my honour and/or switch off for more personal disrespect) ... and paint a thousand words... whilst I have generally respected and still do appreciate you commenting on it! Clearly by some of my inaccuracies and your inaccuracies--photographic (along with quote and external link proof is quite essential when the truth and accuracy being revealed is not so bright. BTW: Elsewhere, along with writing/hearing/speaking English, French and German; a keen mind and eye for interest, practice and insight in Philosophy and Latin, I am a professional photographer/artist/writer/author/publisher. Likewise I very much respect your knowledge/wisdom/insight and talent for finding, creating and mixing music; especially Fields Of The Nephilim and Nefilim.

The Last Voice, (An ominous username--let's hope we really don't experience that scenario in our lifetime and future generations) I would appreciate it if you do not tell me what to do--'trying suggestions'--or barking out Forum 'Headmaster Guidelines' ... yet since you have started... you may, though I will certainly allow myself to finish: I don't know who you think you are--yet I can assure you, that I am no slouch when it comes to awareness, research, intelligence, wisdom and insight. I may be relatively new to this forum in this incarnation--yet had you ever thought that I have been here with a different username? Probably not--therefore, I am not ignorant of what I know and what can be done here and elsewhere. Even though I did not post and just WATCHED; I had been away too long, I perceive, yet I am back! Of course I am not always correct, yet at least I appreciate being told the truth. I can give with one hand and I can take with another... I have two hands--one for helping myself and one for helping others! I believe in enlightenment--and yes, whilst I can write in obscure long form, am not so blind and narrow minded, so as not to not have multiple objectives in life, vision and research for The Greater Truth; perfectly in short sentences, I can also write in near-perfect and/or perfect short/medium/long form English! In any case, I will write however I damn well please! I do not suggest/tell you how to how to write--except for my slightly humorous post--that you obviously took quite some offence in--that I also paid you some sincere compliments also--like I usually do--I have only kindly ask/request you to share your knowledge/wisdom/enlightenment! I find your general coldness from a warm beginning to what it is now, quite odd. There is no need to be so cold--however, do as you will... "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will." - Aleister Crowley.

The Last Voice wrote:
Which symbols? This ++++++ type of thing? What of them?

Sumerian Memory wrote:
Yes, this type of thing. Was asking for your highly respected opinion. I am still researching this...

The Last Voice wrote:
I have no opinion on the underlines, apart from an observation that it appears that FHL 1 on the CD and FHL 2 on 12" have the same number of ++++++, so that might mean that they're not a code.


My dear The Last Voice, look at your own copy/or look at my photograph of For Her Light CDS, you may accurately notice this:

Even though (Dead But Dreaming) For Her Light (Two) is the title track on BEG244CD) ...

Tracklist:

1. For Her Light One
2. Submission Two (The Dub Posture)
3. (Dead But Dreaming) For Her Light
4. Submission (Non-Resistance)

Nevermind our disagreement over the numbers of the FHL 'versions' ... The photograph is a marker, a guide. I never said it was specifically a code... though it is certainly artistically important and possibly an esoteric/occult reference for deeper significance (for all 4 songs on the CDS and on other versions) ... Here is the symbolism and initial insight:
A. The art of the two represented female models artistically portray, potentially, the two dual aspects of Ereshkiga and Inanna (The respective Goddess Queen Of Hell and Goddess of Heaven) ... [it is not all about the music as History, legend and Myth/The Esoteric, Nature and Enlightenment also inspires, opens and serves us well].
B. The accurate visual representation of the guides and markers written under the words of the bracketed sub-titles:

1. For Her Light One : ✤✤✤✤✤✤✤ [underline mark 'One' and 2 other hidden aspects] ...
(7 darkened outer plus symbols with 7 illuminated inner multiplication symbols inside to indicate a cross/es/flowers/star/s) ...
2. Submission Two (The Dub Posture) : [underline mark 'Dub'] ... \\\ /// [until the 2 arcane/unusual symbols can be found]
(6 strange symbols of 3 symbols pointing from 135° to 315° and 3 symbols pointing from 215° to 45°
3. (Dead But Dreaming) For Her Light : ✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤ [underline mark 'ad But D'] ...
(10 darkened outer plus symbols with 10 illuminated inner multiplication symbols inside to indicate a cross/es/flowers/star/s)
4. Submission (Non-Resistance) : ✤-–-✤✤-–-✤-–-✤ [underline mark 'Non-resist' like a lance] ...
(5 darkened outer plus symbols with 5 illuminated inner multiplication symbols inside to indicate a cross/es/flowers/star/s with 6 short/3 long dashes in a sequence of star/s line/s star/s star/s line/s star/s line/s star/s)

It could just be nicely expressed decorative art or be very significant. In any case, I thought it was interesting.

The Last Voice wrote:
Of course you're welcome to your opinion - but I remain steadfast in my belief that the band made 1 version and that all others are just edits of that version, made because the RECORD COMPANY wanted versions for their multiple formats of cassette, 7", 12" and CDS. There is no new music, no 'remix', no change in the arrangement, no change in pitch, no altered lyric, not even a different vocal take. Live, there have been variations, but apart from the early 1989 versions, and the 2010's version III there is nothing extraordinary about them.


Perhaps you do/used to work for a record company/in a band/for a radio show/in the industry etc.
However, unless you are in the band or regularly and directly involved, I daresay there is much that you (or I for that matter) do not know about all the demo, master version and alternate instrumental and/or lyrics or and/or partial songs of Fields Of The Nephilim (or Nefilim for that matter) ...
They are all extraordinary (even early proto and/or mixed version songs that I do not get on with well) ... as Fields Of The Nephilim are very far from an ordinary band. They are unique and one could justly say created Nephilim Rock; and he Nefilim Metal!! \\N//

The Last Voice wrote:
Umm, I don't know what to say, apart from, is there a question?


Use The Force, Anikan lol. Let your feelings flow through your thoughts within you! (another last ditch attempt at humour to lighten the darkness you presented) ... Perhaps we could prosper from extra research/thinking/insight about things a lot more. Indeed innocence/ignorance can be Hell. There is the saying that Hell are other people. Of course, Heaven can be applied to this as well.

...

I won't even quote what you wrote after the last quote, as it sullies my eyes with red mist, just to look at such unfair respect. If you are going to criticise, then it is best to cover the positives and mediums with the negatives (and yes I know it is much easier than to say it in theory than to do in practice) ... However, I will say this to you: You are incredibly blessed that Carl and Tony remain (with the other members past and present) for anything they created musically before and after the fall of the time after the Opus illumination of Elizium; to during the Opus blackouts of Zoon; to the mixed sensorium of Fallen; and enduring and after the fine comeback of Mourning Sun; and what dreams may come...

The Last Voice wrote:
There is 1 variant of Darkcell AD, it's in the list at the top of this thread. Darkcell has never been performed live AFAIK, or at least, there are no recordings to share.


With all due respect: You do not know all. Live does not have to mean a public event...

The Last Voice wrote:
The version of OMN that graces Fallen is awkwardly mixed with Premonition. I assert that it was not Carl's intent, so won't consider Premonition/OMN an official mix. The 2 don't seem to belong together.


On the contrary: 1. I really do believe as is astute that ONE MORE NIGHTMARE is from Carl, is his and he is pleased with it, along with Dark Cell AD. It would not be on his website, otherwise! 2. Again, you do not know all secrets/unreleased/live events. 3. Well of course it is a bit of a awkward mix compiling the Fallen album--as Carl was not granted full control and artistic freedom to do it the way he wanted it to be; if they were a great record label, then they would not have had to worry about one advance and do 1 album and 1 compilation without his blessing. 4. I consider Premonition to be the most beguiling, intriguing and mysterious out of the 10 songs on Fallen--I don't think Jungle would of got it from nowhere--I will leave it to you to figure it out; and yes I do have the lyrics to this also. 5. Yes, of course it was released prematurely by Jungle and abandoned by Carl; perfection does not have to be rushed. 6. He could of been more of a team, and pleased the fans a lot more; though he has left us a incomparable music legacy that supersedes the narky disgruntling of some, with the respectful gratitude of others; whilst true genius is often done by solitary mastery, ergo Tesla, Einstein, Cayce, Zoon. (to name a few examples) ...

I support true avant garde genius artistry; rather than impatient capitalistic financial incompetence and disrespect!

After this, I will be going back to my much more importantly personal and professional projects. I will be some time. You need not reply anymore. I will not reply back to this for even longer, if at all. I have enough cold yet endeared people to deal with. Though I re-iterate: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will."

I wish you the best that you will do.

Kind regards,

Sumerian Memory

P.S. Thank-you for your enlightenment and previous support.

_________________
...Forever Lost...\\N//...Forever Remain...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: List rare/alternate/live/demo/studio Nephilim songs req
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:47 am 
Offline
Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:25 pm
Posts: 269
Location: Zululand
Don't be like that.

You're welcome back any time.

_________________
Mine is the last voice you will ever hear... Do not be alarmed.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group