Introduction

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

hoojacks
Moonchild

Introduction

Post by hoojacks » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:14 pm

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say "hi" to everyone on this board. This looks like a good place to catch up on everything Neph related I can.

A little bit about myself:

I got into Nefilim at age 11 in 1996 when a "goth" friend of my older sister's lent me Zoon. I didn't really like it-- it was too heavy for me at the time-- but something about it resonated with me and I kept listening and eventually it was my favorite album. Using the 'old' internet, I read about Fields of the Nephilim on various Angelfire and Lycos websites (and an FoTN mailing list I was subscribed to for years... I can't remember the name of it...) and the obsession has continued ever since... unfortunately, I'm from Oregon, USA, so I've never been able to see them live.... but a man can dream.

Since that time, I've felt contented to listening to the main releases on low quality MP3s for years and years. Now that I'm (finally) out of grad school and have a real job with some disposable income, I decided it's time to start collecting. I'm especially interested in getting my hands on as much vinyl as possible, starting with the 2011 Elizium reissue... I just need to find it! I also need to catch up on any bootlegs, demos, live sets I haven't heard, etc. I just picked up Saturnalia on CD (numbered 7/500) from my local music store... and now I need more :)

Anyway, this board looks like a great place to find out what I should be looking for (with cool people to boot).
The Last Voice
Watcher

Re: Introduction

Post by The Last Voice » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:27 pm

Howdy - welcome.

As you have graduated, and seek to ditch the mp3 collection, you could do worse than buy the 5 disc boxset. If you don't already have it - it's the best place to start.

As for vinyl - there are a few that are well worth tracking down:

The original Burning the Fields EP 12" - while it has been reissued on a few cd's the versions of 3 tracks are different on all cd reissues. Different coloured sleeves. (Sorry 'colored' sleeves)
Laura or From Gehenna to Here CD/LP - includes the otherwise unavailable Returning to Gehenna EP and the Burning the Fields EP (3 tracks are different)
The Zoon LP - 2 x 12" - only plays on 3 sides - the fourth is etched (Very pretty). Also includes a short piece of music after Penetration that is not on cd.
The Nephilim 2 x 10" 45rpm - 'Remastered' right after the original release as the band were unhappy with the sound on the 33rpm.
Penetration 12" - 2 Unique Saints of Eden remixes - Came with poster (Apparently) (Limited)
Original Elizium LP - came with postcard (Limited)
Blue Water 12" - came with poster (Limited)
For Her Light 12" - Came with 12"x12" reproduction of the sleeve art (Limited)
Sumerland 4 Track 12" (Marble Sleeve) - has otherwise unavailable versions of Phobia and Blue Water (Both Live)
US only Dawnrazor Flexi - contains short clips of some Dawnrazor tracks - and hear Carl speak! Tony too.

The Revelations DVD - contains 2 Live concerts (1988 and 1990), all the promo clips too.
Genesis and Revelations - a 'Boxset' issued without the band's consent - contains demos and some (dodgy) remixes. and a (dodgy) live show. and a (dodgy) DVD.
BBC Live in Concert CD - 5 track BBC recording.

Those are just the highlights.

There are plenty of live shows on youtube and some shows on Dimeadozen. Fields of the Nephilim/The Nefilim have over 250 live shows in circulation, so you've got plenty to look forward to (just don't pay for them)
Mine is the last voice you will ever hear... Do not be alarmed.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:01 am

Oi ! *smoking*

Welcome aboard Ye Shipe of Fools, and don't be discouraged by the bloody buggery spammers !
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
durak
Watcher

Post by durak » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:47 pm

Oi You Fool.
I just started a nice French resteurant with Kitchen full of Furnitures.
Don`t discourage newcomers; everybody`s invited. Zoon haters too.
One day they forget being vegetarian.
A Table is allways reserved for you, sir.
Не за что
durak
Watcher

Post by durak » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:32 pm

I reconnect being idealist;
the list of fools annoys me, included.
Sad, sorrow…superfreak.
It`s the geek who bullies.
Не за что