Sheer Faith eMail

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

The Last Voice
Watcher

Sheer Faith eMail

Post by The Last Voice » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:46 pm

This is what I received in reply from Sheer Faith to my request for information on the Nephilim sleeve art.

"Thank you for your email,
Sheerfaith are preparing some of there (sic) artworx for print and publishing very soon hopefully this may give more insight into the creations and processes.

Kind Regards
N"

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up - you all know this road. Read what you will into the reply, but I expect that it was just sent to make me go away.
Mine is the last voice you will ever hear... Do not be alarmed.
Sumerian Memory
Moonchild

Re: Sheer Faith eMail

Post by Sumerian Memory » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:51 am

Yup, I guessed as much about Sheer Faith. Though have faith, Brother. The truth will come, one way or the other.
We're still waiting for the 1 reply from The Master Of The Greater Truth, Carl McCoy!! Forever Remain!! \\N//
...Forever Lost...\\N//...Forever Remain...
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:14 am

But then, if I'm not confused, SF is a full studio, right ? Don't they happen to do work on commission ? I only know the Storm Constantine book cover, but…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
The Last Voice
Watcher

Post by The Last Voice » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:12 am

Hi ThomasB, thanks for getting involved

I think that Sheer Faith is a family business at best, and likely, not a going concern. The communication I received had the whiff of a social media post. There was no header or footer on the message, nor even a logo, which I'd expect from a design studio. The respondent didn't even give their full name, just 'N', and called the company Sheerfaith.

There isn't even a decent home page: no client list, examples of commissions for potential clients to see, telephone numbers, names of the directors, etc.

If they work on commission, where's the work? There are no examples that aren't connected to The Nephilim, not even by 6 degrees of seperation.

I suspect it was created as a way for Carl to:

1) charge for his sleeve designs
2) not pay the art department at the record company
3) ensure that his 'vision' was complete
4) keep the wife busy? :)
5) express another aspect of his artistic nature

Who knows? They are not a public company, they seem to have no clients and no advertising, and the only place you can see examples of their work is at discogs.com
Mine is the last voice you will ever hear... Do not be alarmed.
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:18 pm

The net says
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0566710/bio wrote:Alongside his long time partner, Lynn, Carl works as Sheerfaith. Sheerfaith produce artwork, graphic design, animation, sound production and related creative services. Sheerfaith have also been responsible for a number of different pieces of artwork and graphic design for FOTN and Nefilim releases, as well as for band merchandise and the official FOTN web site.
I've also read about 3D computer modelling. glass figures and even contract work.

And as long as you have contacts and jobs, there isn't much need in advertising.
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
Pale Rider
Dawnrazor

Post by Pale Rider » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:34 am

SF doesn't show up as a registered company … in the past FOTN (as a business) has always been just a trading name of another company such as Wishvital & Jumbowish. I don't think I'm giving away any private info here (as both companies are long defunct & associated directors' addresses no longer relevant), but the dissolved listing for the latter describes Carl as having no current appointments as a director … so, yeah, I think SF is more a freelance graphics scenario. :)
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:48 am

Hm, yes, as I surmised. Pay the art department ? nless you are self-distributed, it's the record company's duty !
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !