Guesses about the new album

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

When will this be released?

4%
46%
2016 - 2018
14%
2019 - 2025
11%
In a thousand years, a thousand years...
7%
Never!
11%
Watchtower will first release "Mathematics"
7%

Total votes: 28
matthewaos
Moonchild

Guesses about the new album

Post by matthewaos » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:56 am

So, since this forum is more ofthen than not latetly is being visited by spammers, let's do something fun!
A new album has been officially announced (though the man was saying about a new album since Mourning Sun released) so let's start guessing! Is it gonna be out in 2015? 2020? 2525? Pettit is going to play in this? Is he gonna write a song? Will he leave the band? Are the others gonna do anything else than play live? Will fotn break up again and reunite in 10 years? Is it gonna be another Mccoy project? Will petit fire everyone and claim that he is a TRUE nephilim, wheras McCOy is a metaphorical one? Wages are welcome...
Enoch
Dawnrazor

Re: Guesses about the new album

Post by Enoch » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:28 pm

I guess there will be something before 2025 :P

A reunion? I don't believe so anymore, even though it would be good for the song writing and band quality. Maybe Pettit's involvement goes beyond playing some live shows, wouldn't be against that at all.
Night obliterates the day and all the fun begins
The Damned - Curtain Call

Citizen of a nation otherwise populated mainly by blinded, brain damaged xenophobes
Stranger
Psychonaut

Post by Stranger » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:43 pm

Maybe it will end up being this decade's Fallen.
matthewaos
Moonchild

Post by matthewaos » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:44 pm

personally i would not mind if they become a band, under mccoy's guidance. like pain of salvation. i want to believe there will be something in 2015 but i don't hold my breath
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:04 pm

I think Tony Pettitt is too much a team player to
matthewaos wrote:fire everyone and claim that he is a TRUE nephilim
As for a release date? Well, the drums on the first two tracks on Mourning Sun are... not what they have could been. If it takes some more time, so be it.

And all those we currently see on stage will most likely also be the ones in the studio.

One thing that won't happen, but which is for what I wish it would, are some guest appearances of Yates and the Wrights. Like with The Eden House. Nothing great. Just a jam session. Somewhere as a bonus track. One per year...
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:01 am

markandre13 wrote: One thing that won't happen, but which is for what I wish it would, are some guest appearances of Yates and the Wrights. Like with The Eden House. Nothing great. Just a jam session. Somewhere as a bonus track. One per year...
Why not, but then, the eighties/nineties are gone, contrary to what some thinks (not especially here) and they won't come back… True, looking only in the rearview mirror is the new "in", from revival concerts to revival movies, but…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:55 am

I just can't see a new album I am afraid. It is now 9 years since MS, there have been various announcements since then and I just get the impression that McCoy is content to earn a little cash from doing these shows and the odd festival where the overheads are minimal for the time being.

I also can't see the old band reuniting or even any guest appearances.

There have been chances in the past and if he really wanted it to happen I am pretty sure he would have done so by now, e.g. the momentum after the MS release in 2005, the re-emergence live in 2007 and the release of Ceromonies. All events which could have then been used as a launchpad. The odd interview since then just hints at future plans but looking cynically could just be a way of keeping us all interested.

In fact I think he should just wind it all up, as someone said the 80s and 90s are long one and most of us, and probably the Wrights and Yates have moved on. The odd nostalgic show has been a nice diversion, and I have enjoyed listening to the old faves again live, but everything has to fade eventually, sad though it may be.
matthewaos
Moonchild

Post by matthewaos » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:57 am

Stranger wrote:Maybe it will end up being this decade's Fallen.
oh no! maybe this time they will through the mourning sun outakes or maybe some jam session from when they were 16.
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:43 am

It's like Carl has nothing more to say, like everything's been said already and all he has left to do is to repeat the same things again and again.

I quote Gilgamesh :
gilgamesh wrote: if he really wanted it to happen I am pretty sure he would have done so by now.
We are still here and so is this forum in spite of spams so we can still question him until he recovers inspiration or the will to answer with songs. But of course there's a problem. This process of communication requires much -work on his side and patience on ours- with the question in between : is the game :idea: candle :idea: worth?
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:56 am

Oskar Terramortis has told me, that when he met Rob Ferguson last year in Leipzig, that Rob had just listened to demo tracks for the new album on the tour bus and that they were great.
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:07 pm

Well if it is true that there is something coming out then fab, I'll do something really crazy, like listening to Shiva perhaps...............
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:14 pm

markandre13 wrote:Oskar Terramortis has told me, that when he met Rob Ferguson last year in Leipzig, that Rob had just listened to demo tracks for the new album on the tour bus and that they were great.

there were also rumors that about 40% of this new album were already finished last year. So it took Carl 8 years (since Mourning sun came out) to get 40% finished, that means it will take another 10 years to finish the last 60%, what means the new album will be out in 2023 :wink: *whistle*
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
Lizzie Umm
Moonchild

Post by Lizzie Umm » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:16 pm

Do I remember seeing a cryptic message on the Neph's FB page intimating that we'd hear new stuff this weekend?

Maybe he's waiting to see how it's received by a live crowd?
It's only a game,
We're only here to dream.
Moonchild
Watcher

Post by Moonchild » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:30 pm

Lizzie Umm wrote:Do I remember seeing a cryptic message on the Neph's FB page intimating that we'd hear new stuff this weekend?

Maybe he's waiting to see how it's received by a live crowd?
Or it may be just a cynical ploy to sell more tickets *smoking*
goyless
Psychonaut

Post by goyless » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:41 am

Heh, *something * *new* indeed was played this weekend: some instrumental thingie and some new song thingie. Neither was mentioned in the set lists that folks got off from stage. So, it seems that Half Life 3 is officially confirmed, people!
Gargoyles rock!
headcleaner2k
Moonchild

Post by headcleaner2k » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:37 am

In the year 2525, of course.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:11 am

goyless wrote:Heh, *something * *new* indeed was played this weekend: some instrumental thingie and some new song thingie. Neither was mentioned in the set lists that folks got off from stage. So, it seems that Half Life 3 is officially confirmed, people!

If that's the case, I'll happily eat humble pie ! :mrgreen:
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:49 am

ThomasB wrote:

If that's the case, I'll happily eat humble pie ! :mrgreen:[/quote]

:mrgreen: :lol:
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:01 pm

Yep. Me too. May be getting shiva out. The new track after the instrumental yesterday night sounded zoon/MS ish. Be interesting if replayed tonight.
matthewaos
Moonchild

Post by matthewaos » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:33 am

Nice stuff! *cthulhu*
It is interesting that most people in the poll believe that the new album will be released in 2015!