Psychonaut Sleeve Art

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

The Last Voice
Watcher

Re: Psychonaut Sleeve Art

Post by The Last Voice » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:41 pm

The Psychonaut sleeve could just have been a hole eaten into the dust jacket by moths, or a coffee stain. Occam's Razor.

But it has given me something Nephilim related to talk about - and the lack of activity on their side does leave this forum a tad desolate at times, apart from the special offers on Nike Footwear and cheap kitchen units that is.
Mine is the last voice you will ever hear... Do not be alarmed.
Sumerian Memory
Moonchild

Post by Sumerian Memory » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:09 am

Anything's possible. The only limit is our imagination. Indeed we have covered a lot of ground.

“If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee Forever

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” - Albert Einstein Forever

“I'll fly again... (Nephilim child) ... I'll fly again... (Nephilim child) ... I will fly again... Look up... Look up... The light of truth... Always outshines the light of the sun... We'll rise to time... I will fly again... Look up...” - Carl McCoy
...Forever Lost...\\N//...Forever Remain...
Sumerian Memory
Moonchild

Post by Sumerian Memory » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:33 am

The Last Voice wrote:Here's what Chris Bigg had to say about the Psychonaut artwork:

"The image in question was a photograph from an old book cover, well the back actually.
We were following the theme started on the ‘Nephilim’ album of using found books as a starting point."

This all falling rather flat,

Here's what Alison Fielding had to say, she is Art Director at Beggars and worked on all of The Nefilim's sleeves in 1996.

"Carl was very involved with the artwork & I worked with him very closely on the type & layout. In fact he provided all the images so that's why there was no photographer credited. Anything from that long ago would be archived and quite difficult to get hold of I'm afraid."

The lady has kindly forwarded my email to Carl (but not cc'd me) so I think Carl knows my name. :) What a rush.
Hey, The Last Voice! Did you receive a reply from Carl? *smoking*
...Forever Lost...\\N//...Forever Remain...
The Last Voice
Watcher

Post by The Last Voice » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:40 pm

I got nothing from him.

The reply I received from Sheer Faith has been shared elsewhere. In it a Sheer Faith book was mentioned. Probably hot air though.

Good to see you back @Sumerian Memory
Mine is the last voice you will ever hear... Do not be alarmed.