The Sheer Art

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

goyless
Psychonaut

The Sheer Art

Post by goyless » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:58 pm

My dear ancient ones! *notworthy*

I seek the enlightenment regarding pieces of art produced by our favourite astral wanderer, zone tripper, album procrastinator, father of two, ice cage dweller, painter, 3d modeller and designer - Carl McCoy. Of course, I'm interested in the latter three here.
I knew for some time that Carl had a taste for the visual art forms, but I didn't bother with finding out what exactly did he personally make until I discovered that the Laura cover art(the nekkid lady painting) was actually credited to him. To be honest, I didn't even bother with putting any of my faith in Sheer Faith, I thought they only print posters and t-shirts...

Anyway, I don't find the nekkid lady painting anything special or even artistically pleasing, but the artwork for Sumerland grabbed my attention from the first time I saw it and I'd even say it's my favourite Neph-related piece of art so far.

Right now I would like to expand my knowledge on that matter and I hope you can guide me:
Does Sheer Faith tag=created personally by Carl McCoy?
Who made Sumerland artwork?
Can you post any known artworks credited to Carl within or outside the Neph?
Were his paintings or other artwork ever published or exhibited or they're just gathering dust in the basement?

PS: This is not just a mere fangirlish interest, more like professional artistic interest. *smoking*
Gargoyles rock!
Lizzie Umm
Moonchild

Re: The Sheer Art

Post by Lizzie Umm » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:25 pm

I don't know for sure, I did try to find out at the time, but couldn't find anything either way...

But I always thought the title sequence for the TV show HEX, could have been made by Sheer Faith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPQ0IlBwW3Y

There's a lot of text in the background that is in the same calligraphy style as the lyrics on Neph albums.
It's only a game,
We're only here to dream.
goyless
Psychonaut

Post by goyless » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:58 pm

Cryptic like everything Neph-related huh?
Well, this intro does have a similar style as the artwork on some records, but it doesn't mean anything unless it's credited
Is there anyone else who can help me with my inquiry?
Gargoyles rock!
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:39 pm

In the Computer Arts Magazine from winter 2002 Carl is quoted sometimes about his 3D work and there's also a picture of a 3D model made by him.
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
goyless
Psychonaut

Post by goyless » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:30 pm

Yes, I'm aware of this one, as well as this book cover credited to Sheer Faith, which obviously uses 3D modeled image and familiar Neffy graphic style.
Gargoyles rock!
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:36 pm

Ah! An Andrew Collins book cover. Of course. :D
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:33 am

goyless wrote:Yes, I'm aware of this one, as well as this book cover credited to Sheer Faith, which obviously uses 3D modeled image and familiar Neffy graphic style.
And the original cover for Storm Constantine's "Hermetech" when they were still friends…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !