Different lyrics on Endemoniada and Chord of Souls...

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Yogi
Moonchild

Different lyrics on Endemoniada and Chord of Souls...

Post by Yogi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:17 pm

In the "Revelations" recordings, Endemoniada opens the Concert Forever remain. Here McCoy skips the lines "Vision's Black, I go to war sometimes ..." INSTEAD he says someting else at the end of the song...something like "..Your drinking....thinking? and then something about "Aging - raging".?!?! Does anyone knows what he's actually saying? I can't find this in any online Lyrics.
In the other concert video, "Visionary Heads", in the song Chord of souls, McCoy continues the song where it usually ends. He sing something like "Are you ready.. crawl..are you ready to fall..." orsomethinglikethatidontknow !?!??!
Does anyone (with English as their first language maybe) have any idea what he's singing??
Thanx - see you in Hamburg on the 28th...
...I cannot unsee what I have seen.
The Last Voice
Watcher

Re: Different lyrics on Endemoniada and Chord of Souls...

Post by The Last Voice » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi Yogi,

The version of Endemoniada you mention is an early version of the song, having been performed since Nov 1987. The versions that appear on 'The Nephilim', and the 5-track 'BBC Live in Concert' EP are I suppose "definitive'. Other versions performed live reduced the song to only the vocal part, omitting the lengthy introduction. These performances appear in 1989. (and in Tanzbrunnen 2013).

The Chord of Souls version is the second alternate version to appear, and was performed for the 1990/1 tours. An earlier version with even more lyrics was performed in 1989.

The bootleg from May 31, 1989 - at Manchester International, offers decent, complete recordings of both of these versions, a slightly reworked Love Under Will, and an early performance of (Dead But Dreaming) For Her Light / At the Gates of Silent Memory. Worth a listen I believe if you're interested in such things.

Sadly, the lyrics you ask about are a bit of a thumb-suck, even for an English speaker.
Mine is the last voice you will ever hear... Do not be alarmed.
Yogi
Moonchild

Post by Yogi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:13 pm

Hi Last Voice
Thanks a bunch for that really good answer. You sure know your bootlegs and tours :-) Recently i have just recorded the Revelations DVD onto CD's and stuffed them in the cars and this is where i noticed the "Little" differences. I like the lines with "Visions Black I go to war...", but i kind of also like that he skips it...!?! I think the "Forever Remain" version is extremely strong and wouldn't miss the intro as you say they have done occasionally. In my opinion Endemoniada really clicks on Forever Remain even though the BBC version is also good. (Can't help it - i could never call any official FOTN song "Bad" or "Poor" in any way)
When it comes to Chord of Souls i must say that i absolutely prefer the "Visionary heads" version. The prolonged ending is mesmerizing in my opinion. And Nod is best when he's unleashed in concerts :-)
Thanks Again for your answser - for a minute i thought i was alone inhere!
I'm going to the Hamburg concert - can't wait.
Later....
...I cannot unsee what I have seen.
Sumerian Memory
Moonchild

Post by Sumerian Memory » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:49 pm

Yogi wrote:In the "Revelations" recordings, Endemoniada opens the Concert Forever remain. Here McCoy skips the lines "Vision's Black, I go to war sometimes ..." INSTEAD he says someting else at the end of the song...something like "..Your drinking....thinking? and then something about "Aging - raging".?!?! Does anyone knows what he's actually saying? I can't find this in any online Lyrics.
In the other concert video, "Visionary Heads", in the song Chord of souls, McCoy continues the song where it usually ends. He sing something like "Are you ready.. crawl..are you ready to fall..." orsomethinglikethatidontknow !?!??!
Does anyone (with English as their first language maybe) have any idea what he's singing??
Thanx - see you in Hamburg on the 28th...
Lyrics being realized and deciphered. Will post here Zoon... 8) \\N//

11/03/2015 Edit:

Visionary Heads Brixton Academy, London 6.10.1990.

1. Intro / (Dead But Dreaming) / For Her Light / At The Gates Of Silent Memory / (Paradise Regained)
2. Blue Water
3. Sumerland
4. Submission
5. Chord Of Souls
6. Last Exit For The Lost
7. The Watchman
8. Psychonaut

Will post Chord Of Souls (Extended) in new lyrics thread tonight...

Forever Remain, Town & Country Club, London in May 1988.

1. Endemoniada
2. Reanimator
3. Dust
4. Love Under Will
5. Trees Come Down
6. Moonchild
7. The Watchman
8. Last Exit For The Lost
9. Chord Of Souls
10. Preacher Man
11. Dawnrazor
12. The Sequel
13. Phobia
14. Laura

...and Endemoniada (Alternate Version) here Zoon... 8) \\N//
...Forever Lost...\\N//...Forever Remain...