What has gone wrong?

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

ojopaj
Watcher

Re: What has gone wrong?

Post by ojopaj » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:08 am

Ngie wrote:From my point of view :
the original line-up was sort of an entity, a fusional one like family. They created the FOTN sound and identity of them 5.
It's like a child's dream achievement. You can never replace that.
After the split of 1992 it's never been a band again in the alchemic -and innocent(?)- cohesion they had. No offense to anybody just a statement of life going on with its turns or bounce.
I've been missing the 5 FOTN former entity and even if I've given an ear to some of their relative side projects since then my attention's stayed focused on the central part as Carl.
An other entity closely pasted to FOTN is Richard Stanley because of his involvment as visuals maker.
I can understand all of those individuals have their own life plans which may be far from my «cosmic look» on it. Now with hindsight I can hear haunting words such as 'pointless' and 'belonging to the past' , but I don't care as nothing in my life's sounded as lively and close to my heart making me know about things as FOTN.
I have to admit I'm somewhat feeling one with this band, as part of a vision including us. We were belonging to a dream, manifesting it, making it real.
I've been feeling fusional with Carl (well let's say with some idea or image of him ok). On a spiritual or imaginative level we've not always got on well and i was at turns happy, upset, even angry, disappointed and delighted. With the Internet I've been acknowledged that other people were going into the same mental things as me, and since it became clear that there would be no way back from Carl I've integrated it as the journey, each people's lonely journey.
I'm happy to have had the opportunity to meet you Dawnrazor buddies of different countries, some once even for real. Thanks to the Internet, to forum administrators & owners giving their time money and skills to keep it alive.
I'm not expecting anything more for now. As for the Sleepers e.p. Who knows in which sea of doubts it's dormant. Perhaps if we all take a deep breath and cross fingers very strongly it may come again to the surface.. :o
seriously, there is no reason to assign pseudo-spiritual language and ideas to what was most assuredly the most base and generic of ego conflicts, legal conflicts, and typical band breakups. it happens; no one should assign any "mystical bollocks" to it. :)
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." — Robert J. Hanlon
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:46 am

ojopaj wrote:
Ngie wrote:From my point of view :
seriously, there is no reason to assign pseudo-spiritual language and ideas to what was most assuredly the most base and generic of ego conflicts, legal conflicts, and typical band breakups. it happens; no one should assign any "mystical bollocks" to it. :)
You are speaking about the break up but I guess Ngie was more talking about what the music meant to people. And music itself is mystical bollocks. People recording their emotions in the form of music, and somewhere else, decades later, these emotions come to life again within a listener. This is pretty weird stuff human nature isn't made for.

We're made to sit around a camp fire and to share our food with the musicians and shamans so that they may take care of our spiritual needs. 8)
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:33 pm

[quote="markandre13"You are speaking about the break up but I guess Ngie was more talking about what the music meant to people. And music itself is mystical bollocks. People recording their emotions in the form of music, and somewhere else, decades later, these emotions come to life again within a listener. This is pretty weird stuff human nature isn't made for.

We're made to sit around a camp fire and to share our food with the musicians and shamans so that they may take care of our spiritual needs. 8)[/quote]

Exactly what I meant just more clearly said :P . Markandre13 you're reflecting my thought and even further it around the camp fire Image Only one thing is we're not meant to stand mouths opened like Image and rather feed them as much sailing into the fire http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8KPNbAMsYo Well we surely would if they'd allow us so.
ojopaj
Watcher

Post by ojopaj » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:38 pm

Ahh ... point very much taken. My apologies.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." — Robert J. Hanlon
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:49 am

markandre13 wrote:
We're made to sit around a camp fire and to share our food with the musicians and shamans so that they may take care of our spiritual needs. 8)
And of course, building up modern tribes, with their name and physical attires (though that seems to have dwindled sine music became even more of a commodity — a "thing" to be "consumed" without any emotional attachment — than ever…)
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:32 pm

Anyone else noticed Tony Pettitt recently "likes" FOTN official and Sacred Mother Tongue, on facebook? Hmmm :mrgreen:
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
scardwel
Leviathan

Post by scardwel » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:13 pm

Interesting. 8)
seewhatyousee
Moonchild

Post by seewhatyousee » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:15 pm

angry bob wrote:Anyone else noticed Tony Pettitt recently "likes" FOTN official and Sacred Mother Tongue, on facebook? Hmmm :mrgreen:
Wow! That's VERY interesting :mrgreen: very interesting indeed :wink:
scardwel
Leviathan

Post by scardwel » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:54 pm

Stick this in your archive: FUCK OFF!
Last edited by scardwel on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redshaman
Moonchild

Post by redshaman » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:46 pm

Id be suprised if Tony rejoined, Carl frequently says he never likes
to go backwards, but you never know.
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:03 pm

redshaman wrote:Id be suprised if Tony rejoined, Carl frequently says he never likes
That's very unfair to say... Tony is a great musician and he is the one that is moving forward actually making and releasing new music... Going backwards is exactly what Carl has been doing for last couple of years...
MotherNorth
Moonchild

Post by MotherNorth » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:10 pm

squishy wrote:I've recently revisited all the classic line-up albums - as well as Zoon, MS and even Fallen. And you know what, I still think it's cracking stuff, all of it, inlcuding the reviled late 1990s demos (some of which are stiill among the best things I've heard in my life). And I keep thinking, what's happened? What's gone so horribly wrong? What's been going on since 2005?

I don't need to get an album every two or three years. Truth be told, I don't really need to get any albums at all - thank goodness I'm not a music addict anymore, and there are way more important things in my life than music/art/poetry etc., no matter how incredibly good the latter may be. But the ugly enigma remains - and so does the concern for a fellow human being.
'Mystical bollocks' aside, FotN has clearly always been more than the sum of its parts - more than McCoy plus hired hands, that is to say.
Last edited by MotherNorth on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:31 am

angry bob wrote:Anyone else noticed Tony Pettitt recently "likes" FOTN official and Sacred Mother Tongue, on facebook? Hmmm :mrgreen:
I "like" Ferrari and Aston Martin on Facebook but doesn't mean im able to buy one :roll:

for me i don't think so as long hes busy with NFD and Eden House shows ...
redshaman
Moonchild

Post by redshaman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:57 pm

angry bob wrote:
redshaman wrote:Id be suprised if Tony rejoined, Carl frequently says he never likes
That's very unfair to say... Tony is a great musician and he is the one that is moving forward actually making and releasing new music... Going backwards is exactly what Carl has been doing for last couple of years...

I never said Tony wasnt a great musician, Carl hasnt been going backwards,he's been more static than anything.
Tony is an important part of the history of the Nephilim, but id be suprised if he re-joined.But as i said,its the Nephs and you never know.
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:57 pm

redshaman wrote:Carl hasnt been going backwards,he's been more static than anything.
He hasn't been static... He's playing gigs feeding us with fotn nostalgia. He's selling t-shirts and pendants. He's got facebook page :mrgreen:

If Tony rejoins for the gigs i hope Rob pays him some decent cash :wink:
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:00 am

f *cthulhu* ck off cash hope he forces Carl for new songs :mrgreen:
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:55 am

I could also live with old songs (they call those 'Standards' in the Jazz scene) being played in a new way. :mrgreen:

(Eg. this morning I found myself humming Last Exit For The Lost as if its been Mourning Sun... :oops: )
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
.:An.nA:.
Moonchild

Post by .:An.nA:. » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:37 pm

(Eg. this morning I found myself humming Last Exit For The Lost as if its been Mourning Sun... :oops: )
now I would be curious to hear that!
But that's an interesting idea anyway...unless he played reggae versions of them :shock:
I'm pretty sure The Man Himself is undergoing some kind of change, but I couldn't say if this will affect his personal notion of TIME.
...We are only here to dream...
MotherNorth
Moonchild

Post by MotherNorth » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:26 pm

.:An.nA:. wrote: I'm pretty sure The Man Himself is undergoing some kind of change
aren't we all?
.:An.nA:.
Moonchild

Post by .:An.nA:. » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Not everybody, not all the time. And some people are more static than others and resist change. It depends on your personality, I always welcome change as a form of evolution, even if it isn't always pleasant.
But this is not the AnnRazor forum so I will keep my personality issues to myself :wink:
keep talking...
...We are only here to dream...