Possible Nephilim CD reissues

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Ngie
Leviathan

Re: Possible Nephilim CD reissues

Post by Ngie » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:18 pm

ThomasB wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:
  • The Jazz version of Moonchild
    The Jizz version of Zoon
    Demo of unreleased Bill & Ben The Flour Pot Men
    New Pic of Carl in his Grannies hat
    Badge
*smoking*
You forgot the ska version of Siberia… *whistle*
NorthernNephilim wrote:ou forgot the Ukulele Version of Zoon 3 :lol:
You forgot the jism version of Shiva.
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:20 pm

the hell yeah version of shine on piano :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16yjGVo0tl0
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:57 am

NorthernNephilim wrote:the hell yeah version of shine on piano :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16yjGVo0tl0

…Which is so bloody magnificent that it actually SHOULD be on CD ! *notworthy*

Why not a "play Zoon yer cnuts" version of "Penetrate" ? Or would that be a "Stop waving those feckin' Nemos like a bunch of twats yer cnuts" version ? *whistle*

I'm soooooo outta here…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Moonchild
Watcher

Post by Moonchild » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:50 am

I want the live tracks from the Sumerland 12". I'm not really bothered about anything else.
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:05 pm

Moonchild wrote:I want the live tracks from the Sumerland 12". I'm not really bothered about anything else.
There are also live b-sides from one of the 12'' versions of Moonchild, Vet for the Insane and Power. Very neat.

Come to think of it, BB are wasting a great opportunity here. FotN are gigging again, and new people are being exposed to their music. There's some talk of new material, and TP joins the band again. Now if at that moment they released a set of expanded remasters, each featuring the relevant singles and b-sides, lots of people would go for it. I certainly would.
remember what the doorknob said
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:20 am

Ngie wrote:The 5th disc is to be an expanded version of the bonus disc (which was 7 tracks of b-sides) originally included with the the Revelations compilation
They should do much more than just expand it.

- Shiva should be ditched altogether (it's already on the LP/CD);
- Celebrate (Second Seal) should be replaced by the complete, 9-minute long version of the track (to be found on the 12'' version of Psychonaut);
- Psychonaut I should be replaced by Psychonaut III. After all, PI is PIII butchered and reduced to 4 minutes;
- they absolutely should add Blue Water (preferably both versions of it, too), the extended single version of For Her Light, and Sumerland (The Dreamed);
- they could add also Psychonaut IV and/or Submission (Non-Resistance); I could live without them, though.

So, reissues or remasters?
ojopaj
Watcher

Post by ojopaj » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:44 am

any more news on this?
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." — Robert J. Hanlon
andyb71
Moonchild

Post by andyb71 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:01 pm

ojopaj wrote:any more news on this?
Yep, track listing for all CDs is now up

http://archive.beggars.com/releases/215 ... m-5-albums
lsind
Moonchild

Post by lsind » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:00 pm

It looks like it is pretty complete - as far as studio recordings are concerned at least.
Almost everything is there - complete LP's, single versions and b-sides.
The shorter version of 'Shiva', the "Burning the fields" EP and the "Returning to Gehenna" versions ('The tower', 'Power' and Laura' if I remember correctly) will not be included though. The live tracks off the "Sumerland" singles are also missing.
Still worth getting anyway imo.
The Last Voice
Watcher

Post by The Last Voice » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:28 am

lsind wrote:It looks like it is pretty complete - as far as studio recordings are concerned at least.
Almost everything is there - complete LP's, single versions and b-sides.
The shorter version of 'Shiva', the "Burning the fields" EP and the "Returning to Gehenna" versions ('The tower', 'Power' and Laura' if I remember correctly) will not be included though. The live tracks off the "Sumerland" singles are also missing.
Still worth getting anyway imo.
There is not one surprise for the collector here. A bit of a let-down in that regard.

3 Versions of Psychonaut on the last disc is a big ask.

The Marquee tracks would have made this an essential item for my collection. I have everything but that record. I suppose I'll have to get it after all...!
Mine is the last voice you will ever hear... Do not be alarmed.
The Last Voice
Watcher

Post by The Last Voice » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:54 pm

Is it just me or is Moonchild getting repeated - I mean, aren't the versions (with the exception of Unsealed) all the same? *whistle* *whistle* *whistle*
ojopaj
Watcher

Post by ojopaj » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:22 pm

The glaring omission of BBC 1 Live, plus the live tracks from the various singles, makes this a no-go for me. why would we buy this when we have it all already? no new Sheerfaith artwork either. bummer. any updates on whether any of this is actually remastered?
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." — Robert J. Hanlon
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:47 pm

No Red777 or Chaocracy so no deal :twisted:
The Last Voice
Watcher

Post by The Last Voice » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:59 pm

I think that whoever compiled the release should not get paid...
Mokat
Moonchild

Post by Mokat » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:51 pm

Any date for release of these 5 albums
xseawitch
Watcher

Post by xseawitch » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Mokat wrote:Any date for release of these 5 albums
It says November 2013 on the BB website, can't find anything more specific than that. I think, as I have it all already, I won't be buying, same with the Love and Rockets, Bauhaus and Gene Loves Jezebel 5 CD sets. Good for new fans though.
lsind
Moonchild

Post by lsind » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:40 pm

I'm not a "new fan" (been one since "Dawnrazor" which I got in 1987), but I may still get the set because there are quite a few things I have only on vinyl. Quite worn out vinyl I should write.
Moonchild
Watcher

Post by Moonchild » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:50 pm

ojopaj wrote:The glaring omission of BBC 1 Live, plus the live tracks from the various singles, makes this a no-go for me. why would we buy this when we have it all already? no new Sheerfaith artwork either. bummer. any updates on whether any of this is actually remastered?
It's the live tracks I was especially keen to get - the two off the Moonchild second seal 12" and the three on the Sumerland 12" (I loved that version of Blue Water). It does look like an opportunity missed.
The Last Voice
Watcher

Post by The Last Voice » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:11 pm

Moonchild wrote:
ojopaj wrote:The glaring omission of BBC 1 Live, plus the live tracks from the various singles, makes this a no-go for me. why would we buy this when we have it all already? no new Sheerfaith artwork either. bummer. any updates on whether any of this is actually remastered?
It's the live tracks I was especially keen to get - the two off the Moonchild second seal 12" and the three on the Sumerland 12" (I loved that version of Blue Water). It does look like an opportunity missed.
I read last week on the comments page at the BB Archive site, in a reply posted by Andrew Brooksbank, that nothing is remastered, ie not made louder - and that only Elizium has had an analogue master prepped (for the vinyl reissue). Sorry, can't find a link for you ATM.

This collection will likely sound the same as your existing CD's, with the exception of Preacher Man (Contaminated) - the Revelations transfer was from vinyl, Blue Water (Hotwire) - first time on cd, and Celebrate (Second Seal) - first time on CD for the full version.
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:03 pm

The Last Voice wrote:I think that whoever compiled the release should not get paid...
Actually, it's MUCH better than I'd feared it'd be. Apart from the five live tracks (Power, Vet for the Insane, Phobia, The Watchman, Blue Water) there's everything BB released. I'd love to get those as well, but frankly, the package is very nice.

And it might have been something like this:
http://archive.beggars.com/releases/217 ... s-5-albums