Biography Fields of the Nephilim

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

kazamel
Psychonaut

Biography Fields of the Nephilim

Post by kazamel » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:00 am

I've been searching for a published biography on Fields of the Nephilim but haven't found any yet. You know, some nice reading on early days, on the road, album recordings, anecdotes, pictures, concert flyers and tickets... Thinking of what the Heartland series is for The Sisters of Mercy. Ande told me that his Guide update would focus on its current content (concerts, releases...), and that the bio part is on hold.
Any idea anybody?
I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects.
markandre13
Leviathan

Re: Biography Fields of the Nephilim

Post by markandre13 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Emmanüel-Obsküre from Obsküre Magazine is working on a book to be published at Camion Blanc.
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
Emmanüel-Obsküre
Psychonaut

Post by Emmanüel-Obsküre » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:30 pm

That's right. :wink:
"The true revolution is in mind, remember that & all else shines" (1334)
www.myspace.com/emmanuel_hennequin
Kostas
Dawnrazor

Post by Kostas » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:58 am

I hope it won't be in french only, will it?
"...we are the lost ones, in the company of bright angels."
REANIMATORS - GREEK LEGION

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reanimat ... 1677029341
http://www.myspace.com/thesequelfotngr
Emmanüel-Obsküre
Psychonaut

Post by Emmanüel-Obsküre » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:05 pm

Unfortunately, french is my first language. Sorry, my dear. I'll release it in a french version firstly, then we'll see if an editor can be interested for a world release in english. It has a litterary touch (even if I'm not Baudelaire, ah ah) so I'll need someone "able" to give it the necessary relief.
captaino
Dawnrazor

Post by captaino » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:12 pm

I can't wait reading what seems to be a truly fantastic book 8)
wshaffer
Psychonaut

Post by wshaffer » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Emmanüel-Obsküre wrote:Unfortunately, french is my first language. Sorry, my dear. I'll release it in a french version firstly, then we'll see if an editor can be interested for a world release in english. It has a litterary touch (even if I'm not Baudelaire, ah ah) so I'll need someone "able" to give it the necessary relief.
Ooh, time to brush up my French from my school days. (I was just about able to make sense of that lovely interview with Carl in Obskure magazine last year, so with a little practice, I think I could manage a book.) Though I hope your book does get an English translation, to help it reach the widest audience possible!
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:13 am

wshaffer wrote:
Emmanüel-Obsküre wrote:Unfortunately, french is my first language. Sorry, my dear. I'll release it in a french version firstly, then we'll see if an editor can be interested for a world release in english. It has a litterary touch (even if I'm not Baudelaire, ah ah) so I'll need someone "able" to give it the necessary relief.
Ooh, time to brush up my French from my school days. (I was just about able to make sense of that lovely interview with Carl in Obskure magazine last year, so with a little practice, I think I could manage a book.) Though I hope your book does get an English translation, to help it reach the widest audience possible!
Usually, publishers views translating as a one-way-only street…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
wshaffer
Psychonaut

Post by wshaffer » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:43 pm

ThomasB wrote: Usually, publishers views translating as a one-way-only street…
You mean stuff gets translated from English to other languages, but not the other way around? That does seem to be sadly true, especially with fiction. Still, sometimes with non-fiction, if there isn't a good English-language book on a subject, they will translate something into English.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:19 am

wshaffer wrote:
ThomasB wrote: Usually, publishers views translating as a one-way-only street…
You mean stuff gets translated from English to other languages, but not the other way around? That does seem to be sadly true, especially with fiction. Still, sometimes with non-fiction, if there isn't a good English-language book on a subject, they will translate something into English.

Yep, non-fiction can be the exception ! bUt then, I've seen big publishers who could not even be arsed to try to find someone who could read anything else than english. Though it's changing. Slightly…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:18 am

Can't you do this together with Ande (FOTN Collectors Guide)? He also planned a Biography besides the guide . And funding it with a pledge project or similar ... just my 50 ct.
Emmanüel-Obsküre
Psychonaut

Post by Emmanüel-Obsküre » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:51 pm

NorthernNephilim wrote:Can't you do this together with Ande (FOTN Collectors Guide)? He also planned a Biography besides the guide . And funding it with a pledge project or similar ... just my 50 ct.
I've never really thought about a collaboration. Not that I don't want, I obviously know Ande's quality of work, I have the famous Guide... simply, I suppose that Ande has done his own writing, I have already done mine and it's almost complete, so... I don't see how we could do, I don't really see the point. Honestly, my method is really basic and classic but... I wanna try to achieve something good on my own instead of beginning a so-called "collaboration" now. It seems difficult at this point. It's been several years I've begun this work with collaborators around me for the corrections phase. It's not something improvised. Once the book will exist, perhaps some opportunities will come for a translation ? I'll simply need someone speaking well both french AND english, if it's the case. And find a publisher able to release something seriously. But i'm far from that. I simply need to finish the thing, and there's totally several hundred pages in the making. More than the half has touched its almost final shape.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:44 am

Emmanüel-Obsküre wrote: I'll simply need someone speaking well both french AND english, if it's the case.
A little bird just told me that you already know such person… *whistle*

Just sayin'…
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Emmanüel-Obsküre
Psychonaut

Post by Emmanüel-Obsküre » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:29 pm

ThomasB wrote:
Emmanüel-Obsküre wrote: I'll simply need someone speaking well both french AND english, if it's the case.

Just sayin'…
Thomas... d'you mean...
kazamel
Psychonaut

Post by kazamel » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Emmanüel-Obsküre wrote:I simply need to finish the thing, and there's totally several hundred pages in the making. More than the half has touched its almost final shape.
Do you have any idea of a publication date? Would it be this year, next year? If your work is finished, will it then get published for sure and immediately, or might also that take some more time? Just curious on when I would be able to read it ... :wink:
I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:03 am

Emmanüel-Obsküre wrote:
ThomasB wrote:

Just sayin'…
Thomas... d'you mean...
Well… Nudge nudge, wink wink…
IN NOMINE NEMO !