Filling the gap...

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Re: Filling the gap...

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:05 am

ziarah wrote:Thomas, I had no idea you were a Kate Bush fan! Talk about someone who isn't very prolific... at least not in the past 15 years.

As for myself, I've never held my breath waiting for a FOTN release. I stumbled on the Brown album by accident and it was a total surprise to me when Elizium came out. Of course I was excited to hear about Zoon when it was in the works, but waiting 3 years for it cured me of any anticipation. And it's been the same since. As far as I'm concerned, FOTN may never release Ceromonies (sic) or another album. If they do it will be a pleasant surprise and something to keep me slightly busy on Sumerland.

I listen to plenty of other music. Is that what this question is about? I've been listening to a lot of Patrick Wolf lately, though that comes and goes. I also love Baroness but haven't been listening to them lately. The new Apocalyptica album is superb and I've put that one on a lot. Jesca Hoop released an amazing album, "Hunting My Dress," that I've enjoyed a lot this year. None of them are like FOTN, but I've found myself needing "that kind" of music a lot less in recent years anyway.
Holding one's breath for a FOTN / Nefilim release tends to make one look dark purple! :oops:

Methinks the likely date for Ceremonies will be next Spring. Maybe followed later in the year by an EP. :?: Time will tell; it always does!

(Besides, I have far more important things to worry about than whether or not Ceremonies is released, like coping with depression, wondering whether I will still have a job in April, my elderly parents, etc.)
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
Jen O. Side
Moonchild

Re: Filling the gap...

Post by Jen O. Side » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:58 pm

I listen to Type O Negative a lot. I'm a big fan of them for almost as long as for the Nephs. One could say that they're both similarly unique respectively. But with Peter's passing, ToN can't be much of a substitute anymore at all. It's just so sad.
So for now, I'm listening to many different types of hard & heavy stuff. Things like Boyzone or Backstreet Boys and also of course the brand new Sissies album (Kostas you name it). :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: