Tipping point

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

gilgamesh
Watcher

Tipping point

Post by gilgamesh » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:01 pm

the Astoria was 3 1/2 years ago now, the DVD was due, then announced for Q1. I'm sitting here with the Neph album on, beer to my right, mind casting back to the heady days of 88/89. Like a fool I'm still eager for the Ceromonies DVD, still hoping for new material. Getting older, sadder, less able to eat chewy food, almost tempted to watch bloody Coast on BBC2. So how long do we few continue to hope against hope, will there be a time when we pack those memories into a crate and buy the new Vera Lyn compliation, when we close the door on the Nephs or realise, in Carl's own words now blasting through the speakers, that there's no door at all..............hell, now I'm back to thinking the gap till Germany is ideal recording time. Its getting closer, closer and closer; he's shrieking. Nurse.........................
Ngie
Leviathan

Re: Tipping point

Post by Ngie » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:33 pm

Wouaouh, there you're going!
GOOSPHRABA.... GOOSPHRABA....

This full moon must be really strong obviously and there seems to be something in the air indeed. I was actually wondering/thinking approximately the same for a couple of days.
It's begun Tueday with the visit of a neighbour of mine who unexpectedly started talking to me telling me during an hour of his life. He's shared with me his interest of always for music, made a list of his travels, in his yound age by motorbike. He showed as an old man looking backwards with nostalgia, not sad neither bitter, nor regretful, rather weary, resigned to the course of his life now rather behind himself. He looked like anybody else whose experience of this world has lasted quite a while. His speech was full of details and the result when I transposed it today as if it was Carl speaking was er.. I'm lacking word..impressive.

I think The Nephilim is very alive, only if we keep awake and wishing it to go on, not only the band alone. Not just keeping if for ourselves, making it at our level, from where we are, with our own specificities, sensitivities, throughout music, visuals, communication, imagination, etc...
For that the Dawnrazor Forum is a precious thing as it gathers everything, making a cohesion. With the other threads also, it's got all that is necessary to go on its own life.

Some fans are in bands, others make tee-shirts, artworks of different kind, and when time is time Carl and his musicians will come up with an other album, DVD, etc. No doubt of that :D
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:54 pm

gilgamesh wrote:the Astoria was 3 1/2 years ago now, the DVD was due, then announced for Q1. I'm sitting here with the Neph album on, beer to my right, mind casting back to the heady days of 88/89. Like a fool I'm still eager for the Ceromonies DVD, still hoping for new material. Getting older, sadder, less able to eat chewy food, almost tempted to watch bloody Coast on BBC2. So how long do we few continue to hope against hope, will there be a time when we pack those memories into a crate and buy the new Vera Lyn compliation, when we close the door on the Nephs or realise, in Carl's own words now blasting through the speakers, that there's no door at all..............hell, now I'm back to thinking the gap till Germany is ideal recording time. Its getting closer, closer and closer; he's shrieking. Nurse.........................
Cheer up! Good things come to those who wait...awhile!

New album in 2005, as well as merchandise before and after.
Two gigs in 2007, several in 2008, two in 2009, and several this year. Better than bugger all!

Apparently, there was a technical problem which has delayed the release of the DVD and CD. Fingers crossed, they will be forthcoming.
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:19 pm

Youre both right of course. Maybe FOTN is more a "belief" these days and lets hope the DVD is out soon. It'll teach me to stick the good old stuff on, sooooooooooooo frustrating....
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:05 am

A candidate for release date is the weekend on Samhain...
baba
Watcher

Post by baba » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:23 am

with the DVD not released yet , especialy after the announcement that it was a month away, I can't help but wonder how much actual live material will be left on it? They do have a lot of footage to sort through though.

One can't say it is only wishes and dreams if they are still performing can they? or perhaps it is, just a sort of reoccuring dream.... *whistle*
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:47 pm

NorthernNephilim wrote:A candidate for release date is the
34TH OF JELLEMBER
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Jellies.. otherwise said "next frosts", better later than "à la Saint-Glinglin"
mugabe
Moonchild

Post by mugabe » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:49 am

Mark Anthony Quested wrote:Apparently, there was a technical problem which has delayed the release of the DVD and CD. Fingers crossed, they will be forthcoming.
Am I the only one not thrilled to the bone about the prospect of an upcoming live DVD featuring old songs?
A series of tubes
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:27 am

No, you're not. I wouldn't be thrilled even if I believed I'll see that DVD one day - which I don't. To be honest, I wouldn't have been thrilled to the bone even if I had bought it when it was originally supposed to come out.
remember what the doorknob said
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:16 pm

mugabe wrote:
Mark Anthony Quested wrote:Apparently, there was a technical problem which has delayed the release of the DVD and CD. Fingers crossed, they will be forthcoming.
Am I the only one not thrilled to the bone about the prospect of an upcoming live DVD featuring old songs?
There's no pleasing some people! LOL!!! Technically, the Mourning Sun tracks were newish songs at the time.

But the SBE gigs were superb, with lots of great songs performed, including a rare live performance of "Wail of Sumer" and "And there will be your heart also", which is worth the price of the DVD and CD alone!

Personally, I am intending to place an order for several copies of the limited edition DVD/CD set. :mrgreen:
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:29 am

I would have been thrilled, shortly after the events concerned. Now I'm less so, but will probably buy it.

As I alluded to in the first post, I find all this a bit like death by a thousand cuts. If Carl or his management stated there will not be any new material and all we'll get is a few shows of a slight rotation of the same songs with hired hands at festivals from time to time we can deal with that and either buy into it or not. However the constant disappointments where promises seem to be made gets up the hopes of those of us with an optimistic bent only to be dashed time and time again. Carl might like this aura of being deep and enigmatic, but that doesn't mean you have to be unreliable and misleading. Some 20 years after their peak the fanbase is small enough already one would have thought..............
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:58 am

Same as I stated before, and I'm not the only one : I would not want to see FOTN become their own cover band, raking in the dough by headlining a few festivals a year and playing "vintage shows" like some other ex-legendary band… :?
At this stage, whether or not there comes a DVD, a concert CD or some thong with the FOTN logo is irrelevant to my perception of the band…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Naphtalin
Moonchild

Post by Naphtalin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:59 pm

ThomasB wrote: or some thong with the FOTN logo
like that?
[img]
thongfotn2.JPG
thongfotn2.JPG (149.63 KiB) Viewed 14821 times
[/img]
Le site http://www.ClicAnimaux.com permet en un clic de nourrir gratuitement un animal abandonné.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:12 pm

Naphtalin wrote:
like that?
[img]
thongfotn2.JPG
[/img]
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
You know, if THIS is not one of the official signs heralding the end of the world as we know it, it should be !
:wink:
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
scardwel
Leviathan

Post by scardwel » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:28 pm

mugabe wrote:Am I the only one not thrilled to the bone about the prospect of an upcoming live DVD featuring old songs?
This.

Sure I'll buy it, but it's something I'll watch about as often as I watch The Mission's "Final Chapter" DVD (final chapter my arse) which to date, is er... once.
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:26 am

gilgamesh wrote:I would have been thrilled, shortly after the events concerned. Now I'm less so, but will probably buy it.

As I alluded to in the first post, I find all this a bit like death by a thousand cuts. If Carl or his management stated there will not be any new material and all we'll get is a few shows of a slight rotation of the same songs with hired hands at festivals from time to time we can deal with that and either buy into it or not. However the constant disappointments where promises seem to be made gets up the hopes of those of us with an optimistic bent only to be dashed time and time again. Carl might like this aura of being deep and enigmatic, but that doesn't mean you have to be unreliable and misleading. Some 20 years after their peak the fanbase is small enough already one would have thought..............
I just wish The Watchman or whomever would only announce things when they actually happen, rather than in advance and for it to all go a little tits up! (1997-1998 reunion, Sleepers EP, Sheerfaith prints, etc.)

However, regardless of what happens from here until death, I do feel fortunate that at least one new release was forthcoming (Mourning Sun), that I was able to buy some t-shirts and pendants, and that I got to see Carl McCoy three times in concert. Anything subsequent to this is a bonus. Counting my lucky stars, so to speak!

...But I would wish the Watchman would only announce things when they actually happen, so as not to disappoint the fans with a string of letdowns.
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:27 am

Naphtalin wrote:
like that?
[img]
thongfotn2.JPG
[/img]
I'd wear it! :mrgreen:

...I bloody would too! *whistle*
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:34 am

Mark Anthony Quested wrote:
gilgamesh wrote:I would have been thrilled, shortly after the events concerned. Now I'm less so, but will probably buy it.

I just wish The Watchman or whomever would only announce things when they actually happen, rather than in advance and for it to all go a little tits up! (1997-1998 reunion, Sleepers EP, Sheerfaith prints, etc.)

However, regardless of what happens from here until death, I do feel fortunate that at least one new release was forthcoming (Mourning Sun), that I was able to buy some t-shirts and pendants, and that I got to see Carl McCoy three times in concert. Anything subsequent to this is a bonus. Counting my lucky stars, so to speak!

...But I would wish the Watchman would only announce things when they actually happen, so as not to disappoint the fans with a string of letdowns.
And another thing!...

One reason why I do not wish to go to any of the non London gigs is ebcause I cannot be asked to spend money on travelling to gigs only for old songs to be played time and again. At least London is not far for me to travel, but Spain and Germany are not on my travel plans. I would rather wait until new material is released (sometime between now and judgement day) or at the very least until the next London gig.
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:42 am

gilgamesh wrote:As I alluded to in the first post, I find all this a bit like death by a thousand cuts. If Carl or his management stated there will not be any new material and all we'll get is a few shows of a slight rotation of the same songs with hired hands at festivals from time to time we can deal with that and either buy into it or not. However the constant disappointments where promises seem to be made gets up the hopes of those of us with an optimistic bent only to be dashed time and time again. Carl might like this aura of being deep and enigmatic, but that doesn't mean you have to be unreliable and misleading. Some 20 years after their peak the fanbase is small enough already one would have thought..............
Hear, hear.
remember what the doorknob said