Carl & Family involved in "Blood River"

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

caescarna
Moonchild

Carl & Family involved in "Blood River"

Post by caescarna » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:52 pm

I see on the end titles of this film that Carl & family [Carl, Lynn, Scarlet & Eden] are listed in the end
titles of this film, however there's no musical connection, and no other noticeable connection.

Does anyone know what the connection is?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1137999/

Caes.
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Re: Carl & Family involved in "Blood River"

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:02 am

caescarna wrote:I see on the end titles of this film that Carl & family [Carl, Lynn, Scarlet & Eden] are listed in the end
titles of this film, however there's no musical connection, and no other noticeable connection.

Caes.
No idea!

I will try and get hold of a copy of the film and find out! It is available for pre-order from Amazon.

Sheerfaith may have assisted as advisors on the film, perhaps. Sheerfaith being Carl and Lynn's graphic art, computer animation and sound production company. Or maybe all four appear as extras? I'll keep an eye out for Lynn, Scarlett and Eden and see if I can spot them as extras.

(I once asked Carl for a job with Sheerfaith! :shock: Aged 16, I wrote and asked. Lynn kindly wrote back and said my letter went down well, although no job was forthcoming! :lol: )
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:41 pm

Adam Mason and Carl are friends right... they worked in the past on the movie together... plus, already pointed out on the forum elsewhere, Mason's wife Nadja made the short clip on the neph website...
Its actually good to know that McCoy is still involved in movie environment... Its been a while since the last official video... on the other hand, would it help? :mrgreen:
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:47 pm

I've found the following comment in a Google cache from IMDB:
Last Thursday we caught Adam Mason’s ambitious indie film Blood River (review here). While I don’t fully agree with Butane (who saw it at the Boston Underground Film Festival), it is one of the better horror-y things we’ve seen so far. It’s extremely reminiscent of Richard Stanley’s Dust Devil, but no matter what you’re expecting, Blood River goes places you absolutely will not anticipate.
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:10 pm

angry bob wrote:Its actually good to know that McCoy is still involved in movie environment
Isn't that word a bit too strong here?
remember what the doorknob said
mindcleener
Nephilim

Post by mindcleener » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:18 pm

Carl or not, the movie is plain boring.
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:57 pm

squishy wrote:
angry bob wrote:Its actually good to know that McCoy is still involved in movie environment
my apologies... i would also like to apologise in the name of caescarna for using it... we're both very sorry to hurt you :mrgreen:
caescarna
Moonchild

Post by caescarna » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:33 pm

angry bob wrote:
squishy wrote:
my apologies... i would also like to apologise in the name of caescarna for using it... we're both very sorry to hurt you :mrgreen:
No offense taken :)
mindcleener wrote:Carl or not, the movie is plain boring.
It seems to lose direction about 1/3rd through, and after that descends into a kind of long-form episode of "The Outer Limits."
I love horror movies and felt quite let down at the end of it. However, was quite suprised to see thanks to Carl et al at the end.

Thanks all for the insight!

Caes.
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:03 am

angry bob wrote:Adam Mason and Carl are friends right... they worked in the past on the movie together... plus, already pointed out on the forum elsewhere, Mason's wife Nadja made the short clip on the neph website...
Its actually good to know that McCoy is still involved in movie environment... Its been a while since the last official video... on the other hand, would it help? :mrgreen:
^ And there is the answer! Thanks Bob!
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:48 am

caescarna wrote:I see on the end titles of this film that Carl & family [Carl, Lynn, Scarlet & Eden] are listed in the end

Caes.
A ghost connection, ghost family, in the kind of the ghost musicians for Mourning Sun, or of another kind? Btw has anybody had any real direct contact with the Mc Coy family, Carl not included?
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Ngie wrote:

Caes.
A ghost connection, ghost family, in the kind of the ghost musicians for Mourning Sun, or of another kind? Btw has anybody had any real direct contact with the Mc Coy family, Carl not included?
I have had a couple of very brief communications with Lynn and Scarlett. All in good nature. One concerning my seeking a job with Sheerfaith, aged 16, the other concerning a FOTN release.

Coincidentally, the McCoy family were at some of the recent gigs, including the SBE Sunday gig. I saw their arrival and brushed shoulders with them before the gig. In addition to Lynn, Scarlett and Eden (?), I also saw Anne Sudworth, Andrew Collins, Richard Stanley, Carl McCoy, and John Carter. To my shock and amazement, John seemed to know who I was, approached me for a brief chit-chat, and called me by my name; "'Ere, you're Mark, aint chr!?", said he!

With the exception to my brief chat with John, I was too shy to say hello to any of them! And I chose not to say hello the McCoy clan, out of politeness and respect for their privacy.
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:10 pm

caescarna wrote:
angry bob wrote:
squishy wrote:Isn't that word a bit too strong here?
Well, it's me who's been offended and not you - little wonder you don't feel hurt. I, however, am still very much so :mrgreen: *cthulhu* :mrgreen: *cthulhu* :mrgreen:
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:05 am

squishy wrote:
caescarna wrote:
Well, it's me who's been offended and not you - little wonder you don't feel hurt. I, however, am still very much so :mrgreen: *cthulhu* :mrgreen: *cthulhu* :mrgreen:
i feel very bad about all this... i wanna say something more to apologise, but im so scared it will only make things worse... but i promise you, and im sure caescarna would agree, that we're never ever gonna use that word on the forum whether it's here or in any other thread... that we may effectively avoid unpleasant situations like this one... and im saying this from the bottom of my heart... dare i say more... 'forgive me' my fellow nephite, it won't happen again:)
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:55 am

"Involved"; the word that dare not speak its name! :mrgreen:
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:57 am

angry bob wrote: promise you, and im sure caescarna would agree, that we're never ever gonna use that word on the forum whether it's here or in any other thread
That won't be difficult - it seems there won't be too many reasons here to use words such as "involved' or "busy" . . .
angry bob wrote:and im saying this from the bottom of my heart... dare i say more... 'forgive me' my fellow nephite, it won't happen again:)
If you sing it like Bryan Adams did, I just might *whistle*
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:40 pm

I'm not involved in this thread
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:41 pm

im not getting more involved here... im busy :mrgreen:
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:50 pm

... Weeb's not, Boby not, h.t.f. is involved then? Not me b.t.w. , has nothing to do with ZOON, you know! :mrgreen:
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:52 pm

oldnephilim wrote:... Weeb's not, Boby not, h.t.f. is involved then? Not me b.t.w. , has nothing to do with ZOON, you know! :mrgreen:
You have said the Z...O...O...N word! (Mock horror and mock disgust!) :mrgreen:
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:55 pm

LOL, I always do, you know. *cthulhu* :twisted: *cthulhu*

ZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNN !!!
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”