How did you first become aware of Nephilim's existence?

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Endemoniada
Psychonaut

Re: How did you first become aware of Nephilim's existence?

Post by Endemoniada » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Back in '88 my sisters ex boyfriend was a big cure head and he gave me a mix Nephilim tape. The very first song on the tape was Endemoniada. It blew me away and still does. Hense I took the song name as my avatar name here on this forum
"We dream of familiar places"
AGG
Moonchild

Post by AGG » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:57 am

when i registered on MySpace 5 years ago & one of my friends told me about them. purchased a "dawnrazor" cd and to be honest didn't liked it too much back then - guess there's a right moment for everything.
GreatOldOne
Moonchild

Post by GreatOldOne » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:23 pm

When I realised the Cure had become too cheesy for me I picked up the Nephilim. Long time ago
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:11 pm

When i was 11 i took a walk across the forest and there i saw a wolf... The wolf appeared as one of the incarnations of Sir Richard 'I have a sword' Stanley. He said to me 'Boy i have something to show you. This thing is called Hardware... and its my vision of the future that is inevitable... One day you'll see it for yourself! But there is one more little detail in my story, i thought might be particularly appealing for you my boy. Its a creature called Nomad. It makes interesting noises... noises you may find very enjoyable to experience. So check it out!'
After then the wolf disappeared in the thick fog. I met him again 17 years later to thank for ruining my life...

:mrgreen:
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
AGG
Moonchild

Post by AGG » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:21 pm

angry bob wrote:When i was 11 i took a walk across the forest and there i saw a wolf... The wolf appeared as one of the incarnations of Sir Richard 'I have a sword' Stanley. He said to me 'Boy i have something to show you. This thing is called Hardware... and its my vision of the future that is inevitable... One day you'll see it for yourself! But there is one more little detail in my story, i thought might be particularly appealing for you my boy. Its a creature called Nomad. It makes interesting noises... noises you may find very enjoyable to experience. So check it out!'
After then the wolf disappeared in the thick fog. I met him again 17 years later to thank for ruining my life...

:mrgreen:
wow, someone has an artistic soul around here ! :lol: twisted but still artistic :mrgreen:
saw that movie "hardware" , found it funny :lol: :P
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:07 am

I recently realised that 2011 will be the 20th anniversary of when I became a FOTN / Carl McCoy fan! :mrgreen:

So if the Ceremonies DVD, CD and box set is released next spring, then that will be a very lovely 20th anniversary present! :mrgreen:

(Despite my being a fan for 20 years, my mother still cannot pronounce Nephilim. She forgets it is a silent P and says "Neperlim"!)
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
AGG
Moonchild

Post by AGG » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:44 am

Mark Anthony Quested wrote:I recently realised that 2011 will be the 20th anniversary of when I became a FOTN / Carl McCoy fan! :mrgreen:
wow, that's awesome! congrats! :mrgreen:
Mathyn
Moonchild

Post by Mathyn » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:28 pm

I seem to remember MoonChild being on Top of the Pops when it charted and the Great Man's image stayed with me. I didn't know who they were back then and never took to finding out either.

However, one of my friends mentioned the FOTN name in a conversation and bang, the two situations suddenly collided. Bought their lastest at the time (Elizium) on cassette and came back home listening to it on the bus. First time I not only missed my stop, but also my district !! Was a long walk back, but well worth it. Never ever ever looked back. My GF hates them, but she'd go before the Neph.
circle
Moonchild

Re:

Post by circle » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:02 pm

Blue Angel wrote:Can't quite recall... but I think it was the 7" single "Flash" by Queen...
Exactly the same for me :oops:

The first time I heard the Nephs was on TV, "Chords of Souls" live video (taken from Forever Remain I think). I was immediately hooked by the sound and visuals. The albums were extremely difficult to find in Portugal at that time (1988), but I managed to get a hold of a tape recording of Dawnrazor in the nearby weeks, courtesy of a friend. It didn't had Chord of Souls, but became my favorite album from them. It still is, specially the CD version with Power.
DarkDream
Moonchild

Post by DarkDream » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:45 pm

In 1987 a friend gave me one cassette with the Dawnrazor album on - but there was no cover with it, only the Band's name and I didn't know anything about the tracks. But it became my favourite music. I loved The Nephilim Album - and all the others that came next.

Since than it's very easy to answer that question 'what's the music you like most?' And when I said the Nephs of course, often they didn't know about FotN...

But I don't agree that FotN sounds like SoM. Not at all!
for we will burn before we're free
Jen O. Side
Moonchild

Post by Jen O. Side » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Hello Guys
A then friend of mine told me back in '89 to check the Nephs out, and I did. And after listening to Dawnrazor, my first Neph Album, I instantly became a fan. I still am today.
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:58 pm

Jen O. Side wrote:Hello Guys
A then friend of mine told me back in '89 to check the Nephs out, and I did. And after listening to Dawnrazor, my first Neph Album, I instantly became a fan. I still am today.

I love your name

WELCOME

:lol: *notworthy*
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:00 pm

Jen O. Side wrote:Hello Guys

hello and welcome :-)
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
Jen O. Side
Moonchild

Post by Jen O. Side » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:03 pm

Hellooooo. Thank you very much. Good to be here! *notworthy*
ian
Leviathan

Post by ian » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:06 pm

The Nephilim????

Who the fcuk is this band of which you speak, how dare you come onto this 'Boyzone' forum and start talking about mystical bollox!!! *whistle*
Jen O. Side
Moonchild

Post by Jen O. Side » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:10 pm

ian wrote:The Nephilim????

Who the fcuk is this band of which you speak, how dare you come onto this 'Boyzone' forum and start talking about mystical bollox!!! *whistle*

:?: :?: :?:
ian
Leviathan

Post by ian » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:33 pm

:?: :?: :?: :?: *whistle*

By the way I still think Ronan is the best :wink: *cthulhu*
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:54 pm

ian wrote:The Nephilim????

Boyzone? I thought this was the Backdoor Boys forum!
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:03 pm

Ian's been at the cleaning products bucket again......
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
ian
Leviathan

Post by ian » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:40 pm

mmmmm Cleaning products.....nom nom nom :lol:

Mark...Boyzone and the backdoor boys are one and the same aint they!! :wink: