Carl McCoy, Criminally Under Rated, God of Metal

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

markandre13
Leviathan

Re: Carl McCoy, Criminally Under Rated, God of Metal

Post by markandre13 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:31 pm

VisiGoth wrote:"Dawnrazor" track is easily metal. "Slowkill" too.
But then, what's "Darkcell"? Jazz? Fusion? Progressive Rock? Spaghetti Metal?
And what would it look like if Carl would be playing the organ in a Progressive Rock band?
Ah, I know: Like Emerson from Emerson, Lake & Palmer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLhSr_b4Bb0. :wink: (Okay, back to the topic.)
VisiGoth wrote:This new McCoy heavy style is by far the superior one. If they ever tried Elizium style again it would be a tragedy.
I don't think so. Different. And as long as we get both versions it wouldn't be a loss but a win.
(And how about Dawnrazor-Style? :wink: )
VisiGoth wrote:Too many compromises in music these days, rock has really been milked by talentless contemporary commercial BS especially in America where the musicians write commercials for Disney. In fact, MTV is all one big commercial. How many times can the same stuff be re-mastered and re-packaged? Anyway, there is no culture left in America, end of story.
I think it's okay to write music for commercials as long as the result does not betray the artists art. (Oh, I've spend some time to come up with that sentence!)

With America you mean the U.S. and not the kind of culture one has to dig up? :wink: I think that there's a lot of culture left in the U.S. One just has to look into the right corners. Aside from the fast-food mainstream created by the majors. And hey, my preferred authors are all U.S. citizens (or once were): Philip K. Dick, Robert A. Heinlein, Hunter S. Thompson (okay, these are all dead), William Gibson, Neal Stephenson. Or directors: Stanley Kubrick, John Carpenter, Clint Eastwood, ... Maybe it's just TV where's no culture left? Okay, the Simpsons. :wink:
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:36 pm

wolfborn wrote:Carl should team up with Rob Halford, I think!
Carl McCoy, Rob Halford and Lemmy, The Three Tenors Of Metal!
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
moomaaman
Dawnrazor

Post by moomaaman » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:33 pm

I was gonna pop by and say ' is it safe here now?' it would appear that the youtube links have gone... so maybe...
But nothing changes here very much, fair play to WBB for still saying it like it is......
Might see you folks in bham.
God of Metal??? im even embarrased for you for making that statement
cover his eyes, so that he not over-analyse
Rorschach
Dawnrazor

Post by Rorschach » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:16 pm

Hey moomaaman *notworthy*

Welcome back dude!

Rorschach
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:13 pm

VisiGoth wrote:In fact, MTV is all one big commercial. How many times can the same stuff be re-mastered and re-packaged? Anyway, there is no culture left in America, end of story.
MTV should change its name, because it seems that nowadays, they are all about all those crappy "reality shows" (which has nothing to do with reality anyway. Annoying people making cnuts out of themselves… in the immortal words of Bill the Cat : ack !))
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:55 pm

Totally agree. MTV should be forced to change their name under the Trades Descriptions act. A music channel that doesn't actually show any music? A strange idea...
Xiberius
Psychonaut

Post by Xiberius » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Lord Mureth wrote:Totally agree. MTV should be forced to change their name under the Trades Descriptions act. A music channel that doesn't actually show any music? A strange idea...
Americans from VIACOM bought MTV worldwide, few years ago and started to make MTV in american style. But hey, MTV 2 for ex and Vh1 is still only music... *smoking*
˙˙˙uıʞlɐʇ dǝǝʞ
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:56 pm

Xiberius wrote:
Lord Mureth wrote:Totally agree. MTV should be forced to change their name under the Trades Descriptions act. A music channel that doesn't actually show any music? A strange idea...
Americans from VIACOM bought MTV worldwide, few years ago and started to make MTV in american style. But hey, MTV 2 for ex and Vh1 is still only music... *smoking*
I was sarcastic, they still show music, even if always the same (good or not, I discovered The Editors through MTV, but it seems to be always the same stuff. And don't get me started on MTV punk… :evil: :evil: ). I don't know how the versions are different in every country, apart from showcasing local stuff (BTW any good bands you might recommand ? The only one I know, apart from Miguel and the Living Dead, are this "metal" thingie. They are good in their kind, but not my stuff !). But then, those cheap reality shows keeps cropping up…
Here, I've done it ! A full message where the commas are longer than the body itself ! I knew it would happen some day ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
VisiGoth
Moonchild

Post by VisiGoth » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:09 am

In America, the same conglomerates own radio, so if there is a good band from across the pond you'll never hear it here.

Like writing/journalism, movies are too commercially compromised to draw any attention from anyone besides teenagers. The local arthouse theatre was closed, the local news reports are 2o minute stories about Celebrity divorces, who cares! When Disney runs the press and the record store, your alienating 99% of the public.

Beavis and Butthead are coming back to TV, that and hamburgers are as far as culture gets in America.
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:15 am

I was thinking only the other day (I do think, ocassionaly!) that Carl is now a music industry legend, at the age of 47, having started at approximately the age of 21. Not sure about God of Metal. One thing Carl has been careful of and that is to avoid categories. Surely, "Metal" and "Goth" are essentially just convienient pigeon holes? Maybe a God of music? *notworthy*

With the exception of "Red777", I have enjoyed more or less all of Carl's music. It is all music to me.

As Carl would say... "...It's all music, why categorise it?" :mrgreen:
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:17 am

markandre13 wrote:
wolfborn wrote:Carl should team up with Rob Halford, I think!
Carl McCoy, Rob Halford and Lemmy, The Three Tenors Of Metal!
Blimey! Now there is one opera that I would pay good money to see! :mrgreen:
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
shackled
Watcher

Post by shackled » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:20 am

Why all the America bashing? Saying there is no culture?
Most of you have never even been here.
Jesus christ- It might not be what it used to be, but I'd rather live here than anywhere else.

As for Carl being a "God of metal"? No, so sorry. But he is genious...
I sleep with poison dreams and a borrowed hope that died.
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:52 am

shackled wrote:Why all the America bashing? Saying there is no culture?
By 'America' you mean the US of A? Is this Canada and South America bashing you're doing here...?
❶ Because stuff happening in the US will sooner or later also happen in Europe. Just looking at the US makes us realize we're all fcuked...
❷ Because the US is so huge that one can fit all US nutters into a single European country and say, "See a country full of nutters!"
❸ Because the US has Fox News, Bible Belt, CIA, NSA and nowadays Republicans, it gives us the impression that it's doomed to become a failed state and nuke us all in the end.
❹ US culture is so different from ours so we unintentionally don't recognize it as such.
❺ Because we're stupid and have no culture also.
❻ Because bashing is fun and we know the US is strong enough to take it.
❼ Because the US is full of Imperialists who invaded Canada, Philippines, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq and not to forget that unholy McDonald's franchise when it was White Castle burger wanted.
❽ Because, even it is that we're living outside the US, all we're watching is US films, television, news and nothing else. So we don't know of anything else to bash.

*whistle*
shackled
Watcher

Post by shackled » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:56 pm

markandre13 wrote:
shackled wrote:Why all the America bashing? Saying there is no culture?
By 'America' you mean the US of A? Is this Canada and South America bashing you're doing here...?
❶ Because stuff happening in the US will sooner or later also happen in Europe. Just looking at the US makes us realize we're all fcuked...
❷ Because the US is so huge that one can fit all US nutters into a single European country and say, "See a country full of nutters!"
❸ Because the US has Fox News, Bible Belt, CIA, NSA and nowadays Republicans, it gives us the impression that it's doomed to become a failed state and nuke us all in the end.
❹ US culture is so different from ours so we unintentionally don't recognize it as such.
❺ Because we're stupid and have no culture also.
❻ Because bashing is fun and we know the US is strong enough to take it.
❼ Because the US is full of Imperialists who invaded Canada, Philippines, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq and not to forget that unholy McDonald's franchise when it was White Castle burger wanted.
❽ Because, even it is that we're living outside the US, all we're watching is US films, television, news and nothing else. So we don't know of anything else to bash.

*whistle*
Valid points, but I've been to most of the countries in Europe and feel no need to talk shit about them... 8)
I thought this was a music forum. :?
I sleep with poison dreams and a borrowed hope that died.
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:39 pm

He is no god of...whatever... He is just a bloke... smoking, drinking, like all we do... you see... :idea:
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:54 pm

shackled wrote:Valid points, but I've been to most of the countries in Europe and feel no need to talk shit about them... 8)
Valid points? :shock:
Anyway, there's only one justification for talking shit about a country: One has to know everybody in it personally. Gets a bit tricky unless you know Prince Roy and his family but I find the Principality of Sealand rather cool.
shackled wrote:I thought this was a music forum. :?
Who or what gave you that impression? I always thought this forum was about beer. And opportunities to get some. :mrgreen:
angry bob wrote:He is no god of...whatever... He is just a bloke... smoking, drinking, like all we do... you see... :idea:
What if God was one of us?
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make his way home
:mrgreen:
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:17 am

angry bob wrote:He is no god of...whatever... He is just a bloke... smoking, drinking, like all we do... you see... :idea:
Indeed

I also don't understand America bashing, every country has good and bad. The poor yanks seem to get lambasted unfairly.
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:34 pm

"He's not the messiah *cthulhu* , he's a very naughty boy! :twisted: "
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:59 pm

weebleswobble wrote:
Indeed

I also don't understand America bashing, every country has good and bad. The poor yanks seem to get lambasted unfairly.
Coincidentally, some of my long-term Nephilim related pen pals are Americans. :mrgreen:
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:12 pm

Mark Anthony Quested wrote:"He's not the messiah *cthulhu* , he's a very naughty boy! :twisted: "
Any first hand experience here, MAQ?
remember what the doorknob said