Paul Wright

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

markandre13
Leviathan

Re: Paul Wright

Post by markandre13 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:54 pm

I read that he ones played the drums himself and got another vocalist who sounded a bit like Lemmy.

I also thought it kind of nice, that he held a stick in the YouTube videos when while he was singing. Not a drum stick, but... I thought it was kinda cool. :D
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:32 pm

markandre13 wrote:I read that he ones played the drums himself and got another vocalist who sounded a bit like Lemmy.

I also thought it kind of nice, that he held a stick in the YouTube videos when while he was singing. Not a drum stick, but... I thought it was kinda cool. :D
Whebn I saw them in Paris, they had definitely another chap on vocals ! A nice guy who was in another band I gather… but whose name eludes me of course.
If someone has a new memory bank at a reasonable price, I'm a taker… :oops:
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:57 pm

ThomasB wrote:
markandre13 wrote:I read that he ones played the drums himself and got another vocalist who sounded a bit like Lemmy.

Whebn I saw them in Paris, they had definitely another chap on vocals ! A nice guy who was in another band I gather… but whose name eludes me of course.
If someone has a new memory bank at a reasonable price, I'm a taker… :oops:
I heard it was his brother in law.
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
Pale Rider
Dawnrazor

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:37 pm

Rory Garrett from Jem Wright's old band, Pendulum. :)
moomaaman
Dawnrazor

Post by moomaaman » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:57 pm

Mark Anthony Quested wrote:
moomaaman wrote:
Mark Anthony Quested wrote:
After the tragic news they received this time last year (the death of their niece), maybe they simply are putting family first and have let their music get put on the back burner.
Come on , lets leave people's personal tragedies away from this forum. Theres enough idle and pointless banter and speculation around here to last a decade, we really don't need to include this stuff.
I felt my comment was in context in terms of the discussion.

The official Last Rites site went off-line not so long after the tragic news regarding their niece, which I thought might be simply due to them putting family before other issues, including Last Rites. I thought that maybe Nod simply chose to close it, to concentrate on his family members and their loss.
You ' thought'.... exactly, pure speculation. Lets not speculate about how people we dont know , deal with their tragedies, or not , as the case may be. Perhaps Nods computer blew up, and he hasn't had time to fix it? Sorry, but I just don't think its healthy, and actually, rather than being empathetic, is quite nauseating. I guess thats one of the down sides of being in a band , our fans think they have some kind of right to an insight into our personal lives .
I'm not squaring up for an argument here dude, but I just dont dig this stuff. Just think about this for a moment.... If YOU had a personal tradegy, how would YOU feel about complete strangers discussing your tragedy in public???
cover his eyes, so that he not over-analyse
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:55 am

I suppose it depends in which - kind or harsh- words they're talking.
Offering one's most intimate thoughts and feelings to the unknown isn't something without consequences. I wouldn't say unnatural but unusual even if many people tend to do it nowadays. It exposes them who do that to be in "aural touch" with other people, becoming in some way intimate, of their fact.
Normally indeed exposing once intimacy goes only to close relatives such as family. Like a Christ showing his wounds the artist. The audiance feels concerned or not and reacts, answers like they would do with another close friend or family member.
What do you think?
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:28 am

moomaaman wrote: You ' thought'.... exactly, pure speculation. Lets not speculate about how people we dont know , deal with their tragedies, or not , as the case may be. Perhaps Nods computer blew up, and he hasn't had time to fix it? Sorry, but I just don't think its healthy, and actually, rather than being empathetic, is quite nauseating. I guess thats one of the down sides of being in a band , our fans think they have some kind of right to an insight into our personal lives .
I'm not squaring up for an argument here dude, but I just dont dig this stuff. Just think about this for a moment.... If YOU had a personal tradegy, how would YOU feel about complete strangers discussing your tragedy in public???
Apologies. No harm intended. Just merely made a comment on the probability of the inactivity of the Last Rites web site. I was in fact responding to an earlier posting by Pandora, who was asking as to the inactivity of Last Rites.

(Concidentally, Nod Wright is an IT engineer and a dab hand with computers, so I hear.)
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
Ozathoth
Moonchild

Post by Ozathoth » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:42 pm

Is there anything he's not awesome at? *notworthy*
"I take the dream!"
moomaaman
Dawnrazor

Post by moomaaman » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:48 pm

erm, probably..... :roll:

jeez, do you lot read ' celebrity' magazines for your daily bit of celebrity gossip?????

'I stand forth in front of the sheeps , one hand raised, middle finger pointing to the heavens, screaming "bring back the banter-
away ye sycophants, to t'other place, let this place be the domain of the blah, not the butt-lick ."

tobias, ch 24, vs 23
cover his eyes, so that he not over-analyse
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:21 am

moomaaman wrote:jeez, do you lot read ' celebrity' magazines for your daily bit of celebrity gossip?????
:shock: Whut? Don't ya read "Nod's Corner" and "Gothip with Wild Bill Buttock"?
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
ziarah
Moonchild

Post by ziarah » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:08 am

moomaaman wrote: You ' thought'.... exactly, pure speculation. Lets not speculate about how people we dont know , deal with their tragedies, or not , as the case may be. Perhaps Nods computer blew up, and he hasn't had time to fix it? Sorry, but I just don't think its healthy, and actually, rather than being empathetic, is quite nauseating. I guess thats one of the down sides of being in a band , our fans think they have some kind of right to an insight into our personal lives .
To be fair, Last Rites posted a notice on the band's Web site about Nod and Paul's niece's disappearance. Granted, they were trying to get as many people as possible to keep an eye out for her, but by the same token they made their private situation public. Unfortunately, the site is down and the archives on the Wayback Machine don't show that particular site update, otherwise I would share it with you.

It's human nature to try to understand and 'fill in' what someone else is going through, whether that someone else is famous or not.

That said, there could be any number of reasons that Last Rites hasn't put out another album. And it may be all of those reasons, or none of them. It's understandable to speculate, since we are eager for more music, but until the Wrights weigh in, it's just guesswork.
Ozathoth
Moonchild

Post by Ozathoth » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:39 pm

moomaaman wrote:erm, probably..... :roll:

jeez, do you lot read ' celebrity' magazines for your daily bit of celebrity gossip?????

'I stand forth in front of the sheeps , one hand raised, middle finger pointing to the heavens, screaming "bring back the banter-
away ye sycophants, to t'other place, let this place be the domain of the blah, not the butt-lick ."

tobias, ch 24, vs 23
I am sorry, I guess my previous comment could have had more context and less exaggeration, which doesn't translate well on the internet. However, I am unashamedly a fan of Nod's musicianship, and I think that expressing that opinion on a forum about FotN and all its incarnations and offshoots is perfectly valid.
"I take the dream!"
Moonchild

Post by 8889 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:02 am

i've met lots of musicians in my time, famous and unknown. nod and paul wright were the nicest of the lot.
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:18 pm

Bless you ( à tes souhaits) H..H..H..I..! Bless Paul, bless Nod, bless everybdy who'll pass this year via the DR forum
Morphic
Dawnrazor

Post by Morphic » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:30 am

Ozathoth wrote:
moomaaman wrote:erm, probably..... :roll:

tobias, ch 24, vs 23
I am sorry, I guess my previous comment could have had more context and less exaggeration, which doesn't translate well on the internet. However, I am unashamedly a fan of Nod's musicianship, and I think that expressing that opinion on a forum about FotN and all its incarnations and offshoots is perfectly valid.
Nah. Ya can't beat a bit of Nod for sheer excellence.
'The Dogs Bollox' kind of springs to mind.
Credit where credit was overdue, don't think Moo?
*smoking*
And after all this? Nothing. Nothing at all.