Nephilim Mailing Address ???

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

ThomasB
Nephilim

Re: Nephilim Mailing Address ???

Post by ThomasB » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:03 am

[/quote]

EveWriters are odd, somewhat crazy personages as Conan the Barbarian legend Robert Howard shot his wife then himself to death -
...[/quote]

Bollocks. He shot himself and that's it. You might go for the opoular "those arty guys are Not Like Us and I would not want my daughter to marry one", but there's no need to make up things…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
VisiGoth1
Moonchild

Post by VisiGoth1 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:35 am

Last edited by VisiGoth1 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:01 am

VisiGoth1 wrote:
ThomasB wrote:

Bollocks. He shot himself and that's it. You might go for the opoular "those arty guys are Not Like Us and I would not want my daughter to marry one", but there's no need to make up things…

Jealousy will get you nowhere.

Facts. Look it up in a dictionary…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
ojopaj
Watcher

Post by ojopaj » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:58 pm

VisiGoth1 wrote:
ojopaj wrote:Good effing grief, somebody drank the koolaid didn’t they.

"Who and where are a person's demons? Those are the reflections of the unsolved enigmas of his own humanity. What are his ideals? Those are the symptoms of his grasp of life."
--Joseph Campbell

Joseph Campbell , eh?

I am referring to the archetypal The Christ or The Buddha in the same way Joseph Campbell regards the teachings. Joseph Campbell was a Jungian, and as such he spoke in Jungian terms. One of his great quotes is "All babies are Buddha babies." - meaning that anyone can embody The Christ or The Buddha.

I didn't exactly consider him a favourite, but read a couple of his books, and at our impromptu book club my friend had a dozen tapes of his old audio lectures. We listened intently. We weren't taking ourselves so seriously that we were above laughing at ourselves or our subjects.

We'd make jokes after hearing Peter Coyote read Carlos Casteneda audio books, my friend would chime in that his anthrpology teacher regarded reading New Agey Carlos Casteneda books as "doing research on a fraud, " we'd dismiss Campbell or Jung as 'a lousy Christians' because their latent function as authors and spokespersons was to promote Christianity. It was 1992. We had already read all the Carlos Casteneda books, and were deciding what lecture tapes to put on one Friday nite. I suggested Peter Coyote reading a Don Juan book, when the host chimed in, "Fruitless journeys, anyone?" holding up the box. We all laughed. Of course the host insisted on Edgar Poe read by Christopher Lee afterward. Gosh - I wish I had that one for posterity.

(we'd all rejected the Christian myth, as simply myths and symbols codified in dark ages for societal conduct like the code of hammurabi based roman law)

Even HP Loveraft did not take his work that seriously, and wanted any of his manuscripts aside from his "best of HP Loveraft" stories burned after his death, because he did not consider his other short stories and novellas worthy of publication. Howard stated in his own letters, the stories known as "the Dream Cycle" or "Dunsany Period" sketches were just practice work and development of his ideas, but not at all up to quality for publication. This is according to Lovecraft himself in letters after writing feverishly thru serious illness, leaving him a shut-in. Lovecrafts work was collected, edited, and translated from crabbed handwriting for publishers by August Dereleth. Apparently Lovecraft did some short story ghost writing published by Arkham House (eg) "The Horror in the Museum" which some question as to their authenticity. Writers are odd, somewhat crazy personages as Conan the Barbarian legend Robert Howard shot his wife then himself to death - but the first 12 Conan weird fiction novels are considered classic. When Edgar Poe was editor of a newspaper, he often wrote letters to himself adressed "To the Editor" under various false names. Farenheit 451 author Ray Bradbury was known to personally detest black people, etc. Hemingways exploits as boxer, big game hunter, big fish catcher were all due to an intense insecurity complex created by his father constantly calling Ernest a "sissy" during his childhood, the author confessed in a letter before his death. My old Prof. had an audio of Hemingways speaking in a high squeaky voice about once obtaining the svcs of a hooker for three dollars. A really weird guy, Ernie was.

So - you never can seperate the man from the art - we all know Major Tom was a junkie, although from Oddity to Scary Monsters, I loved some of the music but hardly the man.

Likewise - it is a mistake to characterize Hesus, Cthulu, Magic, Chaos magick from Simon, or whats his name, Campbell, or Jung, Casteneda as anything but mythology, fiction, symbolism, if not outright nonsense. The false cults created by millions of Castaneda readers who consider the "Ally" real is tragic. Casteneda was simply a talented yarn spinner. Don Juan, a fiction. His philosophy, a four dollar and ninety five cent circus act.

Take this page from Glimpse After Glimpse by Sogyal Rinpoche and see why Campbell used archetypal language

"Know all things to be like this:
a mirage, a cloud castle,
a dream, an apparition,
Without essence, but with qualities that can be seen.

Know all things to be like this:
As the moon in a bright sky
In some clear lake reflected,
Though to that lake the moon has never moved.

As an echo that derives
From music, sounds, and weeping,
Yet in that echo, is no melody.

As a magician makes illusions,
Of horses, oxen, carts and other things,
Nothing is as it appears.."

–Buddha

or this one from

Zen Mind / Beginners Mind by Shunryu Suzuki

see also: Myths to Live By by Joseph Campbell
https://www.amazon.com/Myths-Live-Josep ... 0140194614
Please. Just. Stop.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." — Robert J. Hanlon
VisiGoth1
Moonchild

Post by VisiGoth1 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:55 am

*cthulhu*
Last edited by VisiGoth1 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
VisiGoth1
Moonchild

Post by VisiGoth1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:40 am