Day Jobs of the Nephilim

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Re: Day Jobs of the Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Fri May 29, 2009 9:11 pm

Many thanks! :D *notworthy* *notworthy*
Enoch
Dawnrazor

Post by Enoch » Fri May 29, 2009 10:08 pm

Thanks for those scans! 8) *notworthy* (Didn't you put them up sometime earlier already? Feels kind of familiar in parts)

Call me nostalgic, but what Paul and Tony say there about band unity, something that even Carl emphatically confirmed in one of the old interviews ("if one of us leaves, the Nephs are history" or sth. similar), really makes me long for this band of those days. It's only this that can make the real Neph feeling can appear in their music :( I miss that...
Night obliterates the day and all the fun begins
The Damned - Curtain Call

Citizen of a nation otherwise populated mainly by blinded, brain damaged xenophobes
Pale Rider
Dawnrazor

Post by Pale Rider » Fri May 29, 2009 10:40 pm

Don't think I have - maybe someone else has put them up in another thread ...
Rorschach
Dawnrazor

Post by Rorschach » Sat May 30, 2009 1:36 am

Stonkin scans! *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*

So Paul predicted that the band would never split up over musical differences.....OUCH! *whistle*

Rorschach
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sat May 30, 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks Pale Rider for sharing those words, pictures and songs of the past

(Well, I cut my hair weird
I read that it was in
I looked like a rooster
That was drowned and raised again
-
Teenage Lament)
http://cruciality.wordpress.com/2009/01 ... s-official

« I used to be a mechanic but I hate cars »

He preferred choppers. Then did he like them enough till making a brand of helmets for motorbikers as the picture (*) may suggest ? Unless as a craftman he’s homemade the sticker for his own helmet? In another time others fans as I customized their FOTN teeshirt at the risk of been skined by some followers who used to sell the official merchandise. :|

BTW does anyone know what was the ‘emmerdale farm’ -referred by Paul- where the fotn were chosen to play ?

currently into removal and growing lovely chickens,
Ngie.

(*) Image
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:54 am

Carl hating Cars explains a lot, like why he stole the car from the Sherriff- probably to demolish it, no doubt why the 666 was on the licence plate because cars are evil, but then every biker knows that. I bet he was a good mechanic though, he's so little he must be good at squeezing into tight places 8)

hmm but he says he realy wanted to get into film. Listening to MS it realy does sound like a 'soundtrack' , mabee he should have done film and video game scores instead of a thankless career as a singer. I think he realy missed his calling.

and the the occult takes a lot of learning? Learning what and by whom?? not to sell stuff you found on ebay to devil worshipers I hope.
http://www.manmythandmagic.com/page/wit ... n/main.htm
ones time might have better well spent studying biz and running of websites instead of leaving it to Alfredo Fattimongerer
Twist of fate wont give me a break and myself I'm slow and tired ~ COC
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:08 pm

I wholeheartedly agree that Carl would an excellent composer for film scores,MS is very orchestral in its sound,maybe it will be a future ventue :)

If you truly want to "learn" then carve out your path,by all means read articles books by true learning + deep insight + understanding comes from self discovery + your own instinct.You cant buy instant learning.

A thorough knowledge of websites + biz etc is crucial or much trouble will rear its ugly head!
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:07 pm

gingerpazuzu wrote:I wholeheartedly agree that Carl would an excellent composer for film scores,MS is very orchestral in its sound,maybe it will be a future ventue :)
mabee he has done stuff through sheerfaith but for some reason they don't want to promote or sell their own stuff. It seems to go against what might be good for business.
If you truly want to "learn" then carve out your path,by all means read articles books by true learning + deep insight + understanding comes from self discovery + your own instinct.You cant buy instant learning.

yeah I agree. And its one thing to read other peoples theories and views and its rather amusing, I've done plenty of it myself. I'm certainly interested in and value other peoples experiences.

But I have a real aversion to accepting dimwitted primate views for how things are. I've read a lot of authors touting about being knowledgeable concerning such subjects, but as soon as someone starts coming off like they have some sort of answers with just human myth and assumptions to back it up, all piled up in some sort of system of belief, thats when things take on the bad smell of bullshit and my instinct says take the piss, kick the dirt and leave.

A thorough knowledge of websites + biz etc is crucial or much trouble will rear its ugly head!
it seems its 'reared' a bit too often allready :roll:
Twist of fate wont give me a break and myself I'm slow and tired ~ COC
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:45 pm

It possible that he could have,but I at a loss as to why Sheerfaith promote their stuff either,on the official site there has been promised a Sheerfaith gallery for ages but nothing has appeared.
The website does need to be run properly + updated regularly,whoever is responsible for maintaining isnt doing the job.Time Carl found somebody with the dedication to devote it.

Far too many writers set themselves up as someone with the hidden knowledge of life,death etc but in fact its often just bullshit nothing more than emty supposition + empty air :evil:
TruGoff
Moonchild

Post by TruGoff » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:56 am

Last edited by TruGoff on Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:59 pm

TruGoff wrote:Tom Edwards
Thanks TruGoff for sharing this. It made my evening as some kind of Bridge Across Forever. 8)

So that'd make Fields of The Nephilim a night job I suppose?
Enoch
Dawnrazor

Post by Enoch » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:06 pm

Tom Edwards isn't in the FOTN lineup anymore :/ Got sponsored a nice guitar however some time ago, and I hope he's doing fine, playing good music in some other band :)
Night obliterates the day and all the fun begins
The Damned - Curtain Call

Citizen of a nation otherwise populated mainly by blinded, brain damaged xenophobes
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:43 am

I don't know in which band(s) he's playing nowadays. i see from his website that he's sounding in a radio show called “Rock Hard in The Morning” every Friday morning @ 10am to noon on :

www.sohoradiolondon.com
Pale Rider
Dawnrazor

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:09 pm

A mate saw him (TE) playing guitar for Adam Ant, but that was back in the Spring … :)

http://www.tomedwardsguitar.com/www.tom ... om/CV.html