Dawnrazor.co.uk

Fields of the Nephilim Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Fields of the Nephilim Collector's Guide book available
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:02 pm 
Offline
Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:51 pm
Posts: 453
As some of you may know... I recently published a book, but for those of you who don't, I'd like to announce the "Fields of the Nephilim Collector's Guide"

It features nearly 700 items from 25 different countries, and is illustrated with over 750 images.

Amongst its contents are:

Comprehensive Discographies, Videographies & Gig Lists for:

* Fields Of The Nephilim
* The Nefilim
* Rubicon
* Last Rites
* NFD

with each item categorically listed with detailed relevant information and accompanying image.

Rare Photos:

* The first ever Fields Of The Nephilim promo photo
* Other early live pics, including the band as a 6 piece
* Previously unseen and unpublished photos including early NFD shots

Memorabilia:

* Poster for the first ever Nephilim gig in '84
* Record company promotional items
* Tour merchandise

... and lots more!

Its a numbered limited edition of just 1,000 copies and its 258 pages are printed on high quality glossy paper.

The Guide is $14.95 (plus postage)

More info, including payment details are available at:
http://www.fieldsofthenephilim.com

Cheers

Ande


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:55 pm 
Offline
Dawnrazor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 805
Location: Doon the Gorbals!
And a very nice book it is too!

:D

_________________
http://www.dfrobertson.com/
http://www.leon-steelgrave.com/

http://www.myspace.com/0891redrowen
http://groups.myspace.com/MyHeartland


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:05 pm 
Offline
Knottyash Mosh Squader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:55 pm
Posts: 759
Location: Behind the Door......the Poison Door...
I've got it as well, it's good book but I'm sure there are some gigs missing in the lists, I saw them three times in Edinburgh, twice in "Coasters", once with Dawn After Dark as support, once with Under Neath, the when it changed it's name to "The Network" when the mighty LOUD was supporting, I can only see the last gig mentioned :?:

_________________
"This time I will have my own way...
...This time I am going to take my prize"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:33 pm 
Offline
Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:51 pm
Posts: 453
scotty wrote:
I've got it as well, it's good book but I'm sure there are some gigs missing in the lists, I saw them three times in Edinburgh, twice in "Coasters", once with Dawn After Dark as support, once with Under Neath, the when it changed it's name to "The Network" when the mighty LOUD was supporting, I can only see the last gig mentioned :?:


I never said it was a complete list :wink:

But seriously...

Didn't Dawn After Dark support on the Mark of the Watchman tour? In which case that was May 9. I have it listed as Glasgow Rooftops, but its sometimes listed as Mayfair - same venue?

1989 & 1990, I have as Glasgow Barrowlands

I'd appreciate any info/corrections.

Glasgow was one place I never saw them. Although it looks like there's going to be a first time quite soon...

Ande


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:46 pm 
Offline
Knottyash Mosh Squader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:55 pm
Posts: 759
Location: Behind the Door......the Poison Door...
Ande wrote:
scotty wrote:
I've got it as well, it's good book but I'm sure there are some gigs missing in the lists, I saw them three times in Edinburgh, twice in "Coasters", once with Dawn After Dark as support, once with Under Neath, the when it changed it's name to "The Network" when the mighty LOUD was supporting, I can only see the last gig mentioned :?:


I never said it was a complete list :wink:

But seriously...

Didn't Dawn After Dark support on the Mark of the Watchman tour? In which case that was May 9. I have it listed as Glasgow Rooftops, but its sometimes listed as Mayfair - same venue?

1989 & 1990, I have as Glasgow Barrowlands

I'd appreciate any info/corrections.

Glasgow was one place I never saw them. Although it looks like there's going to be a first time quite soon...

Ande

The Mayfair is now The Garage, Rooftops was Nightmoves, they are at opposite ends of Suchiehall St.

If I remember correctly, the Nephs played Glasgow the night after Edinburgh on the tours when Dawn After Dark & Under Neath What were the suppoet acts, Mark of the Watchman Tour was one, I can't remember now :oops: , I can only remember them playing the Barrowlands twice, though I could be wrong

_________________
"This time I will have my own way...
...This time I am going to take my prize"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:41 am 
Offline
Psychonaut
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:04 am
Posts: 182
Location: Perf, Oztraya
Great book and resource. Thumbs up :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:16 pm 
Offline
Dawnrazor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 805
Location: Doon the Gorbals!
scotty wrote:
Ande wrote:
scotty wrote:
I've got it as well, it's good book but I'm sure there are some gigs missing in the lists, I saw them three times in Edinburgh, twice in "Coasters", once with Dawn After Dark as support, once with Under Neath, the when it changed it's name to "The Network" when the mighty LOUD was supporting, I can only see the last gig mentioned :?:


I never said it was a complete list :wink:

But seriously...

Didn't Dawn After Dark support on the Mark of the Watchman tour? In which case that was May 9. I have it listed as Glasgow Rooftops, but its sometimes listed as Mayfair - same venue?

1989 & 1990, I have as Glasgow Barrowlands

I'd appreciate any info/corrections.

Glasgow was one place I never saw them. Although it looks like there's going to be a first time quite soon...

Ande

The Mayfair is now The Garage, Rooftops was Nightmoves, they are at opposite ends of Suchiehall St.

If I remember correctly, the Nephs played Glasgow the night after Edinburgh on the tours when Dawn After Dark & Under Neath What were the suppoet acts, Mark of the Watchman Tour was one, I can't remember now :oops: , I can only remember them playing the Barrowlands twice, though I could be wrong


Rooftops is now called The Moon, and is best avoided Image

_________________
http://www.dfrobertson.com/
http://www.leon-steelgrave.com/

http://www.myspace.com/0891redrowen
http://groups.myspace.com/MyHeartland


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:42 pm 
Offline
The Watchman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 1488
Location: Among The Fallen Ones
Out of curiosity, approximately how many copies have you sold (if you don't mind me asking)?

Fun to know how big the interest is for Fields nowadays.

_________________
When routine bites hard and ambitions are low...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:12 am 
Offline
The Watchman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 1488
Location: Among The Fallen Ones
Hey Ande, is there an Dawnrazor discount? :)

Spent a lot of money on beer tonight but if you give me a good offer... :wink:

_________________
When routine bites hard and ambitions are low...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:37 pm 
Offline
Psychonaut
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:04 am
Posts: 182
Location: Perf, Oztraya
Ande,

Any update on how the biography is coming along?

_________________
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:39 pm 
Offline
Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:51 pm
Posts: 453
Coma wrote:
Ande,

Any update on how the biography is coming along?


:lol:

Things keep happening (that don't exactly throw me off track, but certainly add detours, and a couple of stops along the way..), most recently I've had a tentative "yes" from a certain individual, who, whilst not directly involved with "FOTN", should certainly provide some very interesting related material. I don't want to say who at this stage - I don't want to jinx it (or give the game away) as we've yet to actually do the interview... He is one of several "associated people" whos input will greatly add to the whole.

I'm still working on a ton of other things... To paraphrase the old TV add that British Rail use to run "I'm getting there"

I'm not trying to be deliberately vague, just things in my mind, on my computer and on my desk are filed in a jumble...

Ande


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Fields of the Nephilim Collector's Guide book
available at:
http://www.fieldsofthenephilim.com
http://www.myspace.com/nephilimguide
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:44 pm 
Offline
Preacher Man
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 699
Location: Karlstad, Sweden
Sounds interesting indeed!
Looking forward a lot to it! :)

_________________
http://www.myspace.com/imaginarywalls


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:35 pm 
Offline
Psychonaut
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:01 pm
Posts: 213
Location: in Flanders Fields
I received my copy of thee collector's guide today *notworthy* :D *notworthy* Thanx Ande, it looks great!

Can't wait to get all my Neph records out & start comparing :wink:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:33 pm 
Offline
Moonchild
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:58 pm
Posts: 34
It is really fantastic, i enjoy reading it. Good work, Ande ;-).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:08 pm 
Offline
Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:51 pm
Posts: 453
Stripe wrote:
It is really fantastic, i enjoy reading it. Good work, Ande ;-).


Thank you :D hope you like the next book...

Ande

_________________
Fields of the Nephilim Collector's Guide book available at:
www.fieldsofthenephilim.com
www.facebook.com/FieldsOfTheNephilimCollectorsGuide


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:04 pm 
Offline
BayWatcher
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:48 am
Posts: 4338
Location: Godz Own Leedz
Ande wrote:
Stripe wrote:
It is really fantastic, i enjoy reading it. Good work, Ande ;-).


Thank you :D hope you like the next book...

Ande


The Guide to Cancelled Concerts? *whistle*

_________________
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:19 pm 
Offline
Psychonaut
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:39 pm
Posts: 246
Location: France
weebleswobble wrote:
Ande wrote:
Stripe wrote:
It is really fantastic, i enjoy reading it. Good work, Ande ;-).


Thank you :D hope you like the next book...

Ande


The Guide to Cancelled Concerts? *whistle*


:D :lol:

_________________
"worms'-meat : The finished product of which we are the raw material." - Ambrose Bierce


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:43 pm 
Offline
Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:51 pm
Posts: 453
weebleswobble wrote:
The Guide to Cancelled Concerts? *whistle*


I don't have enough time for that! :shock:

_________________
Fields of the Nephilim Collector's Guide book available at:
www.fieldsofthenephilim.com
www.facebook.com/FieldsOfTheNephilimCollectorsGuide


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:46 am 
Offline
Moonchild
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:56 pm
Posts: 47
I need this book to but i havent got a credit card, anybody want to sell me their copy *whistle*


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:03 am 
Offline
Psychonaut
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:04 am
Posts: 182
Location: Perf, Oztraya
The poster above you, Ande, wrote it. I'm sure he'll sell you a copy :)

_________________
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group