2008 Dawnrazor member charts

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

kazamel
Psychonaut

2008 Dawnrazor member charts

Post by kazamel » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:16 pm

Ranking Fields songs, it's nearly impossible, 'cause they're all so good. But here at dawnrazor.co.uk, we're going to give it a shot. And we're asking every member to vote.
How? Make yourself a Top 5 of favorite Fields of the Nephilim/Nefilim songs and send it to me by PM. Not by replying in this topic, these replies will be removed!

If you want to know more, here are the details:
Scope
Every song ever released in any way, created by Fields of the Nephilim, Fields of the Nephilim AD and Nefilim (as the majority here and Carl McCoy consider Fields and Nefilim as canon).

This includes:
- All official studio releases (Dawnrazor, The nephilim, Elizium, Revelations, Zoon, From Gehenna to here, Mourning Sun, and all their EP's and singles), including official covers
- All contributions to samplers
- All label releases not endorsed by the band (Returning to Gehenna, Laura, Fallen, Genesis & Revelation ...)
- Unreleased tracks (Senseless, The comeback, Chaocracy, ...)
- A song is a separate track on an official album CD (e.g. At the gates of silent memory is a separate track)

This excludes:
- Official live albums because they don't contain unreleased stuff
- Other side projects (Rubicon, Last Rites, NFD, Sensorium, Saints of Eden, The Eden House, ...)
- Covers only played live (only thinking about The passenger right now, there might be more)

Remixes, alternate versions
Every song can only get 1 ranking in the list, no matter how many remixes and (official) live versions there are. For instance Laura and Laura II just get listed as Laura. One more nightmare and Darkcell AD are considered remixes of earlier work.

Voting & counting
Dawnrazor members can only vote by PM to me (kazamel), a top 5 posted in this topic only will be ignored. Every member gets to send his/her top 5 only once, no corrections are allowed (just to make it feasible for a man alone :wink: ). For every personal top 5, the nr 1 gets 8 points, 2 gets 6, 3 gets 4, 4 gets 2 and nr 5 gets 1 point. This favours the real favorites and avoids lower placed songs to win, just because they appear in many different lists.
Sending in PM's will be possible for 3 weeks after this first post.

General remarks
Replies on scope and rules are allowed, discussions on people's choices are not before the final results are posted.
I'll post a weekly top 10, without scores and with the tracks in alphabetic order, and the number of votes that came in already. The third week, I'll post the entire list including scores. And then you can quarrel over the results as much as you want :D

Now send that PM! :mrgreen:
I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects.
Ahrayeph

Post by Ahrayeph » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:16 pm

What about Wail Of Sumer/And There Will Your Heart Be Also? Many of us consider it to be one song for obvious reasons. Will it be regarded as such?
Nic
The Watchman

Post by Nic » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:02 pm

Great idea, this deserves a sticky. *notworthy* :D
When routine bites hard and ambitions are low...
Blue Angel
Nephilim

Post by Blue Angel » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:14 am

Kazamel seems to be indicating that they should be treated as separate tracks:
A song is a separate track on an official album CD (e.g. At the gates of silent memory is a separate track)
My old cd seems to indicate the same... :roll:
Fields of the Neffalump

Jism!
kazamel
Psychonaut

Post by kazamel » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:50 pm

Ahrayeph wrote:What about Wail Of Sumer/And There Will Your Heart Be Also? Many of us consider it to be one song for obvious reasons. Will it be regarded as such?
And even more so for the first four tracks of Elizium. But I had to set a rule to avoid arbitrary decisions. So what Blue Angel says is correct :wink:
I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects.
angry bob
Nephilim

Re: 2008 Dawnrazor member charts

Post by angry bob » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:30 am

kazamel wrote: Make yourself a Top 5 of favorite...

but there are 10 tracks on Zoon :?

hmm... arse :?
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
Blue Angel
Nephilim

Re: 2008 Dawnrazor member charts

Post by Blue Angel » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:43 am

angry bob wrote:
kazamel wrote: Make yourself a Top 5 of favorite...

but there are 10 tracks on Zoon :?

hmm... arse :?
*whistle*
Fields of the Neffalump

Jism!
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:54 pm

Just done mine, but I agonised for ages- how to chose just 5??????
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:08 pm

gilgamesh wrote:Just done mine, but I agonised for ages- how to chose just 5??????
throw the dice ! *whistle*
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:22 pm

Knowing my luck I'd end up with Shiva, Submission, Xodus, Coma and In Every Dream Home.

In fact kazamel- why don't you do a bottom 5 after this one's run through?
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:30 pm

Ahrayeph wrote:What about Wail Of Sumer/And There Will Your Heart Be Also? Many of us consider it to be one song for obvious reasons. Will it be regarded as such?

I've never ever in my whole life listened to these two separately...

bugger... looks like we have only three left, mate :lol:

thinking...thinking...thinking...
kazamel
Psychonaut

Post by kazamel » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:16 am

gilgamesh wrote:In fact kazamel- why don't you do a bottom 5 after this one's run through?
Think, gilgamesh, think. They don't have 5 bad songs, so how can I organize such a vote? :roll: 8)

Oh, and sorry for all the agonizing moments you had to live through to make a top 5. A nice workaround is to send me your top 23 (of which I'll only take the first five for the charts, obviously), but at least you got that burden of your back. *whistle*
kazamel
Psychonaut

Post by kazamel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:03 pm

First intermediate result:

And there will your heart be also
Dawnrazor
Endemoniada
Last exit for the lost
Love under will
Psychonaut
Sumerland
The watchman
Trees come down
Xiberia

This is the current top 10 in alphabetical order. Some details:
- Up until now, I received 14 lists (thank you guys!). Still, I was hoping for 20 in the first week and 50 overall, so keep those votes coming!
- 30 tracks already received votes. When based on merely 14 lists, I'd say we each have our very own preferences.
- The difference between first and second is only 6 points, the difference between 5th and 10th not more than 11. So anything is still possible.
- Our favorite eras starting to get noticeable.

A new interim chart will be ready next week same time. Voting ends on the 21st of March, 14pm GMT :wink:
Last edited by kazamel on Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radiojamaica
Psychonaut

Post by radiojamaica » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:45 pm

I'm still working on my top 5, but will get one down one of these days... and it seems most of the tracks on my shortlist are also in the current top 10...

This is hard work! *smoking*
Let's take it back to the old school!
limur
Psychonaut

Post by limur » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:00 pm

kazamel wrote:Our favorite eras starting to get noticeable.
I thought we already knew that...:shock:
I bear no sick words junk words love words forgive words from Jesus

Post your Live Music Reviews for www.livemusicreview.co.uk at the forum at
http://livemusicreview.proboards15.com/
http://www.myspace.com/livemusicreview
Blue Angel
Nephilim

Post by Blue Angel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:04 pm

Nothing from Zoon I notice

:roll:
Fields of the Neffalump

Jism!
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:32 pm

Blue Angel wrote:Nothing from Zoon I notice

complete zoon album I think *whistle*
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:25 pm

Surprised to see Xiberia in there, especially when my sense from this Board is that other tracks on MS are preferred.
Blue Angel
Nephilim

Post by Blue Angel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:19 pm

Can you be more specific on the version of Psychonaut?

After all, there is more than one!

Fields of the Neffalump

Jism!
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Blue Angel wrote:Nothing from Zoon I notice

and what the hell did you expect? :twisted: