Dawnrazor.co.uk

Fields of the Nephilim Discussion Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Carl McCoy, Criminally Under Rated, God of Metal
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:19 pm 
Offline
Leviathan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:24 am
Posts: 1058
Location: Maidstone, England
squishy wrote:
Mark Anthony Quested wrote:
"He's not the messiah *cthulhu* , he's a very naughty boy! :twisted: "


Any first hand experience here, MAQ?


My hands have been nowhere near him! I'm not that kind of boy! :mrgreen:

_________________
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Carl McCoy, Criminally Under Rated, God of Metal
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:45 pm 
Offline
Nephilim
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:26 pm
Posts: 1802
Location: our little hideaway beneath the waves
Mark Anthony Quested wrote:
squishy wrote:
Mark Anthony Quested wrote:
"He's not the messiah *cthulhu* , he's a very naughty boy! :twisted: "


Any first hand experience here, MAQ?


My hands have been nowhere near him! I'm not that kind of boy! :mrgreen:


"Hands" is here an umbrella word, to be substituted for any appropriate appendage. Or cavity.

_________________
remember what the doorknob said


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Carl McCoy, Criminally Under Rated, God of Metal
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:39 am 
Offline
Leviathan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:24 am
Posts: 1058
Location: Maidstone, England
squishy wrote:
"Hands" is here an umbrella word, to be substituted for any appropriate appendage. Or cavity.


You can keep your apendages and cavities to yourself! Dirty boy! :wink: :mrgreen:

_________________
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Carl McCoy, Criminally Under Rated, God of Metal
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:18 am 
Offline
Moonchild

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:00 pm
Posts: 69
*cthulhu*


Last edited by VisiGoth1 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Carl McCoy, Criminally Under Rated, God of Metal
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:24 am 
Offline
Moonchild

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:00 pm
Posts: 69
*cthulhu*


Last edited by VisiGoth1 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Carl McCoy, Criminally Under Rated, God of Metal
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:30 am 
Offline
Moonchild

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:00 pm
Posts: 69
*cthulhu*


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Carl McCoy, Criminally Under Rated, God of Metal
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:35 pm 
Offline
Moonchild

Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:41 pm
Posts: 2
FOTN are one of the few bands in history who were able to wear the tag of " heavy" without it describing the sound... Heavy defines the MOOD, in the case of The Nephilim.. and certainly the subject matter... I think there are a few things that really set this band apart from other bands at the time, and for that matter above other bands in history... first of all one of the things is the unbelievably skillful guitar playing that they employ they really are one of the best guitar bands that will have ever been. I can hear so many different influences in the guitar playing from jazz to surf to both Western and Eastern classical classical... and of course I think the one thing we would all agree is that Carl's lyricism is probably the most poignant account of personal occultism that has ever been sung... they truly are one of the most original interesting and best bands that there has ever been... they exist in a Realm all of their own... Metal isn't fit to lick the boots of The Nephilim... metal bands are shotty attempt at appropriating the authenticity that drives fields on the Nephilim... and I'm sorry if you like metal but there is in one band that could compare


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Carl McCoy, Criminally Under Rated, God of Metal
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:09 am 
Offline
Nephilim
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:07 pm
Posts: 2647
Location: in France, in my ivory tower, watching the world's descent into madness…
Electrickgod wrote:
FOTN are one of the few bands in history who were able to wear the tag of " heavy" without it describing the sound... Heavy defines the MOOD, in the case of The Nephilim.. and certainly the subject matter... I think there are a few things that really set this band apart from other bands at the time, and for that matter above other bands in history... first of all one of the things is the unbelievably skillful guitar playing that they employ they really are one of the best guitar bands that will have ever been. I can hear so many different influences in the guitar playing from jazz to surf to both Western and Eastern classical classical... and of course I think the one thing we would all agree is that Carl's lyricism is probably the most poignant account of personal occultism that has ever been sung... they truly are one of the most original interesting and best bands that there has ever been... they exist in a Realm all of their own... Metal isn't fit to lick the boots of The Nephilim... metal bands are shotty attempt at appropriating the authenticity that drives fields on the Nephilim... and I'm sorry if you like metal but there is in one band that could compare



Though nowadays, everything that's not the slog you have on commercial radios is "metal". If you don't listen to aforementioned slog, you HAVE TO be a metalhead. Otherwise, the world would be complicated…

_________________
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Carl McCoy, Criminally Under Rated, God of Metal
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:14 am 
Offline
Moonchild

Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:31 pm
Posts: 39
Electrickgod wrote:
metal bands are shotty attempt at appropriating the authenticity that drives fields on the Nephilim... and I'm sorry if you like metal but there is in one band that could compare


I take it you are not very knowlegeable about the metal genere. Please share this post to a metal forum. And best of luck.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group