the Wright Bros

Here within you discuss about the side-projects, i.e. the bands that has something to do with F.O.T.N. and doesn't include Carl McCoy on vocals.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

ojopaj
Watcher

the Wright Bros

Post by ojopaj » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:36 pm

Anybody know what's happened to Nod and Paul? Sure wish they were doing some music. Or that McCoy would pull his head out and ask them to join the live shows (along with Peter of course). Anyway - any news?
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." — Robert J. Hanlon
Invisible Goth
Psychonaut

Re: the Wright Bros

Post by Invisible Goth » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:03 pm

ojopaj wrote:Anybody know what's happened to Nod and Paul? Sure wish they were doing some music. Or that McCoy would pull his head out and ask them to join the live shows (along with Peter of course). Anyway - any news?
the wrights have had to contend with a lot of their personal life on display. Im sure of they wanted more of their private life revealed they wouldve done so

and carl did ask them. if you read the official Neph home page back in 2005-6 there was a statement saying there were 'talks'. obviously they came to nothing, and they probably never will now
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:50 am

Invisible Goth wrote:the wrights have had to contend with a lot of their personal life on display
I suppose that ojopaj isn't so much interested in their personal life than in their life as musicians.

Beside the Nephs, there are still their appearances as The Last Rites (whose web site suddenly disappeared), their performances on The Eden House's début album and the short lived announcement that Nod Wright would join with John Carter but had to drop it again at last minute. So I'm afraid that he's occupied with other stuff.

Also, from what I've heard, Peter Yates (he said that on Facebook) and Paul Wright (someone mentioned that to me) won't do gigs any more.

So that's bad news for music addicts on cold turkey.
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
Invisible Goth
Psychonaut

Post by Invisible Goth » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:12 pm

markandre13 wrote:
Invisible Goth wrote:the wrights have had to contend with a lot of their personal life on display
I suppose that ojopaj isn't so much interested in their personal life than in their life as musicians.
Obviously the two are connected
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:48 pm

Invisible Goth wrote:
markandre13 wrote:
Obviously the two are connected
But not the same. Which leads us to the interesting question of work-life balance I am struggling with.
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
ojopaj
Watcher

Post by ojopaj » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:34 am

Hi folks, I'm well aware of the terrible situation referred to above; also of the amazing albums as Last Rites (that second album in particular blows anything CM has ever done since quite away). I was just hoping someone might have heard some news about them doing some music again. No worries - just hoping. What brilliant, talented musicians - I know many of us would love to hear even the tiniest musical snippet from them again.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." — Robert J. Hanlon