Gav King

Here within you discuss about the side-projects, i.e. the bands that has something to do with F.O.T.N. and doesn't include Carl McCoy on vocals.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Re: Gav King

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:40 am

R 1 wrote:Rumour has it, that Gav King is playing guitar for Adam Ant these days, does anybody know?
I could ask Rob Ferguson later, if he is on-line at Facebook.

I doubt that Gav earns enough from Fields of the Nephilim gigs alone, so he probably sessions for other musicians as well as Carl. It does not necessarily mean he has parted ways with Carl.
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
Invisible Goth
Psychonaut

Post by Invisible Goth » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:41 pm

Mark Anthony Quested wrote:I could ask Rob Ferguson later, if he is on-line at Facebook.

could you that would be great *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*
moomaaman
Dawnrazor

Post by moomaaman » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:06 pm

Invisible Goth wrote:
Mark Anthony Quested wrote:I could ask Rob Ferguson later, if he is on-line at Facebook.

why would it be great? why bother Rob, or anyone for that matter, on such tosh? I'm sure rob's got enough to worry about, should we all call him at home on the telephone because we're a bit stuck on the guardian ( british newspaper) crossword ? Does it really matter? Will it make you go to see adam ant, because a session musician for a tribute band is playing as a session musician for another tribute act?
fcuk me, has it really come to this? Jeez, next we'll get a post (probably started by Quested, after all its a full time job, blogging ) about when the ' ceremonies' dvd is out.
boring boring boring. who gives a fcuk.

I occasionally lurk here, but each time I come, it leaves more and more a sour taste in my mouth.
FOTN ( the real one) RIP.
Dawnrazor ( before the numpty invasion) RIP.
cover his eyes, so that he not over-analyse
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:27 am

moomaaman wrote:I occasionally lurk here, but each time I come, it leaves more and more a sour taste in my mouth.
What do you expect? Waiting ain't no good for our brains. :mrgreen:

But since you're lamenting about how everything sucks, why don't you just stop pitying us and yourself, become a bit more constructive and push things into the direction you want them to be?

I find it hard to talk about the Neph's music anyway. It's all about images, stories and emotions within me and I see no adequate way to put it into mere words.

So how about you? *smoking*
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
Invisible Goth
Psychonaut

Post by Invisible Goth » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:07 am

moomaaman wrote:
Invisible Goth wrote:

why would it be great?

it wouldn't that was the point I was making
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:35 am

moomaaman wrote:FOTN ( the real one)
Damn fcuk! Now you've got me started!
As long as thy old gang is still alive and in adequate health, there is still hope. Yeah, I know, everybody not as delusional as me, says that this is never going to happen. I don't believe in a god but I do believe in this. Because I must. Because that music perfectly matched to who I am. Because I was able to drown in their music and to forget myself. Because it created worlds inside my head through which I've been able to wander. And still do.
The old lineup for just one song per year. It doesn't have to be great, it doesn't even have to be new, just improvising on one of the old songs...
I better stop here, I could go on for hours and hours and who wants to listen to an old sad fcuked up man anyway? I guess that instead of dragging everybody down it's much more constructive to post funny bullshit...

Keep talking
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:39 am

Invisible Goth wrote:
moomaaman wrote:
Invisible Goth wrote:could you that would be great *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*
why would it be great?
it wouldn't that was the point I was making
Epic fail!
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:52 am

Adam Ant doesn't even know if he's playing for Adam Ant these days...
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:15 pm

*notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* Nice on Weebs :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:34 pm

moomaaman wrote:
Invisible Goth wrote:

why would it be great? why bother Rob, or anyone for that matter, on such tosh? I'm sure rob's got enough to worry about, should we all call him at home on the telephone because we're a bit stuck on the guardian ( british newspaper) crossword ? Does it really matter? Will it make you go to see adam ant, because a session musician for a tribute band is playing as a session musician for another tribute act?
fcuk me, has it really come to this? Jeez, next we'll get a post (probably started by Quested, after all its a full time job, blogging ) about when the ' ceremonies' dvd is out.
boring boring boring. who gives a fcuk.

I occasionally lurk here, but each time I come, it leaves more and more a sour taste in my mouth.
FOTN ( the real one) RIP.
Dearest moomaaman,

I have been debating Fields of the Nephilim / The Nefilim / Carl McCoy across several forums, but mainly Sumerland, since 1999; 12 years. I have been a fan for 20 years (1991-2011). I'll repeat that; I have been a fan for 20 years (and others longer than I) and I have been debating FOTN related topics on Internet forums, especially Sumerland, for 12 years. Quite a long time, I trust you will agree.

To quote a song, I got nothing to say I ain't said before. A forum is what you make of it. If you think you can debate better than me, if you think you can come up with better topics than me, then debate on. I have been doing it for 12 years myself, and a fan for 20 years, and I have long since run out of thinks to discuss.

So rather than calling some of us numpties, why not try and start a few debates? This here numpty has been doing so since 1999 to 2011 year on year, on a regular basis. Basically, through my sheer love of FOTN and the spin off groups.

As a member of the Transcend Street Team, I occasionally talk to Rob via Facebook and email. Ditto, so does the moderator of another fan web site. (Rob is often on line at Facebook and I occasionally ask him for clarification on one or two things; that is more or less the extent of our communications. Ian (one of the Dawnrazor mods here) also talks to Rob as well, more than I do, and has since become one of the moderators of New Gold Dawn. It is Ian who has been instrumental in arranging guest passes for some lucky Dawnrazors.

It is merely the fanbase communicating with the management. And it helps because in doing so, we can squash rumours before they get out of hand. Similarly, one of Rob's colleagues, John, is a member of Dawnrazor and occasionally pops in.

(Funnily enough, a few months ago, a rant started on here against Transcend Music Group. Over at Facebook, a certain Mr Rob Ferguson congratulated me for my handling of the debate. :wink: :mrgreen: *whistle* Oh dear, name dropping again, aren't I!? :mrgreen: )
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Invisible Goth wrote:

Actually, it might be great, because it prevents rumours from getting out of hand.

Anyone recall the "Lee Newell as left FOTN" debate? That was false. So maybe Ian or I politely asking Rob may help to stop unnecessary rumours.
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Mark Anthony Quested wrote: To quote a song, I got nothing to say I ain't said before.
[/quote][/quote]

…Would that be Living in Texas ? *notworthy*
BTW I do agree that, without pestering the managment, it's good to have a way to squash or confirm rumors because thing get out of hand…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Kostas
Dawnrazor

Post by Kostas » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:52 pm

If you don't like a forum, don't log in, don't read it, don't post. As simple as that.

@ Mark Andre: I know what you mean mate. Keep talking
"...we are the lost ones, in the company of bright angels."
REANIMATORS - GREEK LEGION

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reanimat ... 1677029341
http://www.myspace.com/thesequelfotngr
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Name dropping's for loosers, as I said to Bono the other day.
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:24 am

Kostas wrote:If you don't like a forum, don't log in, don't read it, don't post. As simple as that.

@ Mark Andre: I know what you mean mate. Keep talking
:D
But thanks to moomaaman I've looked into some older threads and found this wonderful gem:

Why Mr Carl McCoy is such an inspiration?

What an absurd mixture off deep thoughts and utter bullshit! *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:47 am

markandre13 wrote:What an absurd mixture of deep thoughts and utter bullshit! *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*
Those words were the nicest thing my mother ever said to me! "Mark Anthony, you are an absurd mixture of deep thoughts and utter bullshit!" :wink: :mrgreen: *notworthy*

I like Weebles comment though. There is nothing finer than a completely silly irrelevant comment to bring us all back down to Earth!

Anyone fancy a pint in the Intrepid Fox or Hobgoblin?
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
durak
Watcher

Post by durak » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:04 pm

tell your mother to dig those deep thoughts out from you
or did this mean that you delivered those ideas only for her.
family happiness will be shattered if you tell that
going for pint in Café Lou with men includes utter bullsh*t
Не за что
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:10 pm

durak
Watcher

Post by durak » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:19 pm

that squint in eyes looks familiar
Не за что
konscience
Moonchild

Post by konscience » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:58 pm

Theres always R1,
Terrible karma of failure added to his original imperfection, exposer, defrocked, nice threads!