Andy Delany about Rubicon

Here within you discuss about the side-projects, i.e. the bands that has something to do with F.O.T.N. and doesn't include Carl McCoy on vocals.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

zev
Psychonaut

Andy Delany about Rubicon

Post by zev » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:20 am

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =403773962
"How I wish I had known then what I know now".

How many people have said that?

I joined a band full of enthusiasm and belief in what they wanted to do, but in the end they weren't together. The in - fighting was nausiating and left me on the wings trying to find ways to engage the whole band in one united cause.
There was, however, no united cause - the Wright brothers on one side and Pettitt and Yates on the other with me in the middle trying to be an interface.

For me to join a band as a singer who had lost their singer - life was strange - you get all that business of "you're the best thing that ever happened to us" stuff.

Bands are similar to relationships - You spend every waking hour with them for a period of your life and then it all comes to an end and you tell each other that you will remain friends - but some how you never bump into each other again.

I bet that none of this makes sense unless you have been in a band.

regards
Andy D.
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Re: Andy Delany about Rubicon

Post by wild bill buttock » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:18 am

He seems a bit grumpy these days does Mr Delany.
Enoch
Dawnrazor

Post by Enoch » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:26 pm

Well, you know, age... :P Nah, interesting bits on the band structure. Doesn't sound very harmonic. Pity their ways parted despite the intentions.
Night obliterates the day and all the fun begins
The Damned - Curtain Call

Citizen of a nation otherwise populated mainly by blinded, brain damaged xenophobes
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:55 pm

Thanks for posting this. It's a pity what happened to Rubicon and Andy. I also really enjoyed 'What Starts, Ends' a lot. I wasn't entirely mad about 'Room 101' though. It had some really great songs here and there but to me it was a bit of a let down in comparison to the previous album.
If you pass through my soul tonight
Gather all his troubles
Tomorrow's long with eternal night
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
Discover all of earth's surprises
When I'm gone wait here
I'll send my child my last good smile
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:50 am

zev wrote:http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =403773962
"How I wish I had known then what I know now".

How many people have said that?

I joined a band full of enthusiasm and belief in what they wanted to do, but in the end they weren't together. The in - fighting was nausiating and left me on the wings trying to find ways to engage the whole band in one united cause.
There was, however, no united cause - the Wright brothers on one side and Pettitt and Yates on the other with me in the middle trying to be an interface.

For me to join a band as a singer who had lost their singer - life was strange - you get all that business of "you're the best thing that ever happened to us" stuff.

Bands are similar to relationships - You spend every waking hour with them for a period of your life and then it all comes to an end and you tell each other that you will remain friends - but some how you never bump into each other again.

I bet that none of this makes sense unless you have been in a band.

regards
Andy D.
I believe conflict between himself and other band members was one of the reasons for Carl's depature, originally. Which is somewhat ironic that in-fighting continued after Carl's depature.
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"