Ahráyeph

Here within you discuss about the side-projects, i.e. the bands that has something to do with F.O.T.N. and doesn't include Carl McCoy on vocals.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Ahráyeph

Post by WolfLover » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:37 pm

I'm just wondering am I the only one who really loves this band and the 'Marooned on Samsara' album? I never hear anyone else mentioning Ahráyeph on the internet besides from myself. I also never see Raf on here either. He did come on as a guest a few times which was unusual because he was a member of Dawnrazor originally. :?: :?
If you pass through my soul tonight
Gather all his troubles
Tomorrow's long with eternal night
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
Discover all of earth's surprises
When I'm gone wait here
I'll send my child my last good smile
dj_chr1st
Dawnrazor

Re: Ahráyeph

Post by dj_chr1st » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:41 am

I love 'Marooned on Samsara' fecking awesome album !

Also downloaded the new track EDEN from Amazon the other week. Also very good *notworthy*
So many creatures
which one are you now
sharpening features
which one are you now .
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:12 pm

dj_chr1st wrote:I love 'Marooned on Samsara' fecking awesome album !

Also downloaded the new track EDEN from Amazon the other week. Also very good *notworthy*
Great to see someone else who also loves that album. I downloaded the 'Eden' song myself and must say it's really awesome and very impressive. *notworthy* *notworthy* I can't wait for new album as well. :D
Gather all his troubles
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
When I'm gone wait here
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:03 pm

WolfLover wrote:
dj_chr1st wrote:I love 'Marooned on Samsara' fecking awesome album !

Great to see someone else who also loves that album. I downloaded the 'Eden' song myself and must say it's really awesome and very impressive. *notworthy* *notworthy* I can't wait for new album as well. :D
Was pretty miffed to see that they played Waregem JUST when I could not get there (buggeration !)
Would have been nice to support a fellow Dawnrazorer…
But is the CD available in all good bakeries ? I gotta get one !
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:26 pm

ThomasB wrote: Was pretty miffed to see that they played Waregem JUST when I could not get there (buggeration !)
You should be able to get it from Ahráyeph's myspace for €14 including P&P. :wink:
Gather all his troubles
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
When I'm gone wait here
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:14 am

WolfLover wrote:
ThomasB wrote: Was pretty miffed to see that they played Waregem JUST when I could not get there (buggeration !)
You should be able to get it from Ahráyeph's myspace for €14 including P&P. :wink:

Guess I'll do just that, thanks ! *notworthy*
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
mindcleener
Nephilim

Post by mindcleener » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:56 am

Raf himself wrote the following to me, to post here on the DR forum wrote: "While I am no longer a member of DR for reasons best kept private, I decided to check the forum out on a hunch today and found an Ahráyeph appreciation thread. It makes me happy that there are still people out there who appreciate what I do and I thank you. It's great for me to read that both 'Samsara' and 'Eden' are received so positively and it stimulates me to continue. I think it's only fair to answer a few questions that were asked in the thread.

For those who might have missed it : I released some free demos onto the Net in the beginning of this year which will be on the next album, but sounded too good to keep them to myself already. You can find them in The Pirate Bay (audio > Ahráyeph Free Official Demo 2009), with free artwork and in different file formats. And yes, that IS an official torrent.

The new record is coming along nicely. Check out the messages on the Ahráyeph sit and Myspace blog for an update on that and the status of the project, which is no longer a band.

@ ThomasB : in the end I had to cancel the Waregem gig, so you didn't miss anything. Check the above mentioned message for an explanation. But take it from me that having to cancel the gig only one week before the festival was a heavy blow. And yes, 'Samsara' can be ordered directly from me through Myspace if you have PayPal or send me the money in a sealed envelope, just like in the olden days. Just send me a message if you want to do it that way. It's also available from different online outlets (Resurrection Records in Camden comes to mind) and in digital format via the iTunes Store and other digital media stores.

On a more personal note, it's a pity I won't be able to attend the Birmingham gig (FOTN AND Katatonia? Match made in Hades!), because it would have been nice to see some of you again and buy Wolfie a beer for starting a thread about Ahráyeph. And the three I owe Mindcleener for the wager on the Wickmayer - Wozniacki U.S. Open semi final. ;)

Cheers,

Raf/Ahráyeph"
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:30 am

Oï Raph ! (If you read this)
Ouch. Must have been painful to cancel… :cry: :cry:
Considering the paranoïa level in my country, I'm afraid even a legal download would cause me trouble !
I have to sort out my problems with PayPal (seems that when, through a fluke accident, you lost your password, there's no way in feck to retrieve it), then I'll do just like you said ! *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*
IN NOMINE NEMO !
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Sun May 02, 2010 9:41 pm

mindcleener wrote:
Raf himself wrote the following to me, to post here on the DR forum wrote: "While I am no longer a member of DR for reasons best kept private, I decided to check the forum out on a hunch today and found an Ahráyeph appreciation thread. It makes me happy that there are still people out there who appreciate what I do and I thank you. It's great for me to read that both 'Samsara' and 'Eden' are received so positively and it stimulates me to continue. I think it's only fair to answer a few questions that were asked in the thread.

For those who might have missed it : I released some free demos onto the Net in the beginning of this year which will be on the next album, but sounded too good to keep them to myself already. You can find them in The Pirate Bay (audio > Ahráyeph Free Official Demo 2009), with free artwork and in different file formats. And yes, that IS an official torrent.

The new record is coming along nicely. Check out the messages on the Ahráyeph sit and Myspace blog for an update on that and the status of the project, which is no longer a band.

@ ThomasB : in the end I had to cancel the Waregem gig, so you didn't miss anything. Check the above mentioned message for an explanation. But take it from me that having to cancel the gig only one week before the festival was a heavy blow. And yes, 'Samsara' can be ordered directly from me through Myspace if you have PayPal or send me the money in a sealed envelope, just like in the olden days. Just send me a message if you want to do it that way. It's also available from different online outlets (Resurrection Records in Camden comes to mind) and in digital format via the iTunes Store and other digital media stores.

On a more personal note, it's a pity I won't be able to attend the Birmingham gig (FOTN AND Katatonia? Match made in Hades!), because it would have been nice to see some of you again and buy Wolfie a beer for starting a thread about Ahráyeph. And the three I owe Mindcleener for the wager on the Wickmayer - Wozniacki U.S. Open semi final. ;)

Cheers,

Raf/Ahráyeph"
Thanks for posting this mindcleener. By the way has anyone heard 'Eden' by Ahráyeph? It's a truly fantastic song. :D
Gather all his troubles
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
When I'm gone wait here
SumerSon
Watcher

Post by SumerSon » Mon May 03, 2010 9:06 am

Ahrayeph is of the best new bands around! The Goth scene needs bands like this... Their style is very unique! They are influened from the Nephs but they put it out with their own unique way! Their debute album is really amazing and their cover on EDEN is one of the best covers I have ever heard!!
Hey Raf Greece loves you, you got to know that! *notworthy*
Sumerland Holds me... in Sumerian Haze !
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

REANIMATORS - GREEK LEGION

Kostas
Dawnrazor

Post by Kostas » Mon May 03, 2010 4:16 pm

SumerSon wrote:Ahrayeph is of the best new bands around! The Goth scene needs bands like this... Their style is very unique! They are influened from the Nephs but they put it out with their own unique way! Their debute album is really amazing and their cover on EDEN is one of the best covers I have ever heard!!
speaking of covers by Ahrayeph...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a98wIPoW ... =1&index=1

Great band. Neph-influenced, but no copycat indeed. I love everything they've done so far.
"...we are the lost ones, in the company of bright angels."
REANIMATORS - GREEK LEGION

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reanimat ... 1677029341
http://www.myspace.com/thesequelfotngr
BIMU_IbLg
Moonchild

Post by BIMU_IbLg » Fri May 07, 2010 8:40 pm

SumerSon wrote:Ahrayeph is of the best new bands around! The Goth scene needs bands like this... Their style is very unique! They are influened from the Nephs but they put it out with their own unique way! Their debute album is really amazing and their cover on EDEN is one of the best covers I have ever heard!!

And in September Ill see them in Madrid, yeahhhh!!!!
My FOTN fan site: http://www.myspace.com/bimu
Watch my gigs videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/bimuvi
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Sun May 09, 2010 5:49 am

Gotta agree "marooned on samsara" is an awesome album *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*
As far as covers go, Raf posted an awesome version of "A forest" up a few years ago and his version of ths Sissies "summer" is still a regular at The Darkroom.
ahrayeph
Moonchild

Post by ahrayeph » Mon May 10, 2010 3:10 am

Praise from Wild Bill is no mean feat (not being cynical here). And with all the appreciation going on here lately - for which I thank you all, not in the least WolfLover for starting the thread in the first place - I felt I should return to this fold, if only to post some news on this thread once in a while and answer any questions you might have pertaining to Ahráyeph.

Most of you will probably know about the Ahráyeph Myspace, but these days I also have a Facebook band page (not taking any friend requests on my personal account, though; that remains private).

On to the news...

It's been mentioned already by BIMU, Ahráyeph will play at the first Spain Gothic Festival in Getafe, Madrid on Friday September 17th. So far, I have no other information as far as billing, entrance fees, or playing time goes, but I'm sure all will be revealed soon. See the 'poster' below for all current information...

This may be the first confirmed gig, but it won't be the last. More gigs at the same time of the year will be announced when they are confirmed.

The new live line up is complete and I feel I've secured some strong musicians, even if the line up has been reduced to 'Sisters' size and method of drumming and keyboard backing. Drummers take up too much stage space, take too long to soundcheck and drink all the good stuff and steal all the good groupies, so if they're not called Nod or Simon, who needs them anyway, right?

Song writing for the new album still continues and you will definitely hear some of the new stuff at the coming gigs. In the mean time, I've also released a new take on a song from the very first demo in 1996, when the band was in its first incarnation which was called 'Crucifire' (after an intentionally misheard word from Nefilim's 'Pazuzu (Black Rain)' song). It's called White Square and it was the highlight of the worst sounding demo you'll never hear, so I felt I owed it a new lease on life without the elementary school kind of lyrics I used to write at the time and some decent production this time around. It can be heard on the Facebook page's BandPage tab, where all new tracks will be available for previewing from now on, or downloaded for free from the Ahráyeph Bandcamp site. Also on Bandcamp is a new mix of The Rain Suite, with more thunder and rain. This one isn't downloadable, as this would mean an infringement on my license deal with D-Monic and these guys have always treated me well, so why stab them in the back? 'Marooned On Samsara' is still available from D-Monic, the Ahráyeph website and Myspace pages and of course iTunes and various other online stores, in case you (still) don't own a copy (which you actually should. Really).

That's it from me. Once again, thank you all for keeping this thread alive and your interest in Ahráyeph.

R.

ImageImage

There is no Dawn, only Darkness
captaino
Dawnrazor

Post by captaino » Mon May 10, 2010 9:42 am

Welcome back on here Raf, it's good to see some historical members around.

Hope i'll see Ahrayeph live this year...maybe not in Madrid (cos' the rumours about a Neph gig there don't seemed to be true) but surely somewhere else.

Cheers
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Mon May 10, 2010 10:16 am

Oï !
Glad to hear from you and great to see some labels still treat their artists decently. But is the CD only available on download ? Not the actual stuff ? (Call me old-fashioned and all that wank… :mrgreen: )
IN NOMINE NEMO !
ahrayeph
Moonchild

Post by ahrayeph » Mon May 10, 2010 2:16 pm

ThomasB wrote:Oï !
Glad to hear from you and great to see some labels still treat their artists decently. But is the CD only available on download ? Not the actual stuff ? (Call me old-fashioned and all that wank… :mrgreen: )
Thomas, the CD is available in physical form, in a nice digipack. You can order it from the D-Monic website, or from the Ahráyeph website or the Myspace page (links are in my previous post). You can pay via PayPal at all those places, but I also allow sending me money in an envelope or an international bank transfer. If you choose either of the latter options, pm me and I'll give you the details. I have to stress, though, that sending me money by snail mail is not the safest way (even though I do trust Belgium's postal services), so I advise anyone ordering a CD to pay via PayPal or bank transfer.
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Mon May 10, 2010 6:26 pm

ahrayeph wrote:Praise from Wild Bill is no mean feat (not being cynical here). ]

Good music is good music whatever. And, remember, Raf, I was probably the first DJ in the UK to play Ahrayeph.
Anyway, hopefully we can put our differences behind us and Welcome back to the forum Raf. Keep posting.
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Mon May 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Likewise... welcome back! *notworthy*
ahrayeph
Moonchild

Post by ahrayeph » Mon May 10, 2010 7:06 pm

wild bill buttock wrote:Anyway, hopefully we can put our differences behind us.
What differences? :mrgreen: :wink: