Rubicon

Here within you discuss about the side-projects, i.e. the bands that has something to do with F.O.T.N. and doesn't include Carl McCoy on vocals.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

retrogoth
Moonchild

Rubicon

Post by retrogoth » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:25 pm

Is there a complete discography for Rubicon anywhere? I just love that "What Starts, Ends" Album!
On the other hand, the brain of an idiot seldom weighs more than 23oz - Gray's Anatomy
Nekyia
Psychonaut

Post by Nekyia » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:39 pm

"worms'-meat : The finished product of which we are the raw material." - Ambrose Bierce
retrogoth
Moonchild

Post by retrogoth » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:25 pm

Thanks! *notworthy*
On the other hand, the brain of an idiot seldom weighs more than 23oz - Gray's Anatomy
Pale Rider
Dawnrazor

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:30 pm

Nekyia wrote:clicky
Don't forget the "Before My Eyes" single... :)
Nekyia
Psychonaut

Post by Nekyia » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:57 pm

Pale Rider wrote: Don't forget the "Before My Eyes" single... :)
true, I didn't notice :shock: :?

Before My Eyes - single
Year: 1993
Label: Beggars Banquet
Track list: Before My Eyes, Hard On You, Standing Alone (cellar tape II), On Your Side (cellar tape III)
Formats:
12" vinyl picture disc (BBQ10TP)
Compact Disc (BBQ10CD)
Compact Disc (BBQ10CD, with SPV sticker 55-48803)
"worms'-meat : The finished product of which we are the raw material." - Ambrose Bierce
[HMS]Dawnrazor
Moonchild

Post by [HMS]Dawnrazor » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:15 am

I bought that album and really liked it...alas it has disappeard in the myriad moves I have taken to get to where I am now...

Would love to hear it again.
Between the cracks and the hollows. The earth is good.
Nic
The Watchman

Post by Nic » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:21 pm

Been years since I last heard What Starts, Ends.
Have to dig it out and have a listen to it someday.
When routine bites hard and ambitions are low...
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:04 pm

Nic wrote:Been years since I last heard What Starts, Ends.
Have to dig it out and have a listen to it someday.
I really really wouldn't.The years havn't been kind to it at all.I listened to it a couple of weeks ago and even the couple of tracks I used to like sound truly dreadful.
Nic
The Watchman

Post by Nic » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:11 pm

Hmm, really?!

I hope your wrong... :wink:
When routine bites hard and ambitions are low...
catbwoy
Moonchild

Post by catbwoy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:53 pm

I never rated Rubicon at all. The Ghosties blew them away when they supported in Derby (many, many moons ago!)
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:31 pm

What Starts, Ends is an excellent album apart from 'Hard for You' which was awful but its definitly another all time fave album with a lot of standout tracks especially 'Watch without Pain, Crazed, What Starts Ends, Rivers, Before my Eyes, Unspoken, Killing Time & Brave Hearts which starts off almost like Submission but its great nonetheless.
Zoonchild77
Psychonaut

Post by Zoonchild77 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:16 am

Hello
I think Hard hor you is great
Entire What starts, ends is great.
Unfortunatelly Room 101 i'snt :cry:
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:17 am

With all the records from Nephilim exmembers bands,there is one major problem-absence of THE VOICE... If they included McCoy,could be the records to die for...
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:19 am

^Alright,they're not that bad :wink:
Zoonchild77
Psychonaut

Post by Zoonchild77 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:29 pm

Hi Angry Bob
I agree with lack of VOICE, however What starts, ends seem to me a bit more compound. Nod plays like ever before. Peter's guitar solos throw on knees, particularly on "Rivers". And just Peter Yates probably most lacks to me in McCoy's "New Nephilim". Bit consoling and giving a future hope are guest shows Yates on NFD.
What kind of music you like, except Nephilim ovcourse?
morphicfields

Post by morphicfields » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:16 pm

I don't think the songs on What Starts would have suited McCoy's voice, but then they wouldn't be on the album would they. :P
Excellent lyrics and musicianship. Suited to Delany's vocal as well.
Shame about the follow up - they wrecked 'On Your Side' on Room 101, single version's fantastic.
Pandora Panorama
Psychonaut

Post by Pandora Panorama » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:52 am

I always liked On Your Side, even on the album. So where do I get the single version? Never heard of it.

I really love the musicianship on What Starts Ends and the songs are awesome. I agree with the voice it thingy, though. It's not that the voice is bad in any way, its just don't like if he sings in his high voice (I generally can't stand high pitched voices of male vocalists --- that's why I never could get into Guns n Roses as well). I loved all the parts where he sang in the lower tones, though... very evocative and smooth.
There is no truth prior to fiction.
morphicfields

Post by morphicfields » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:26 pm

Pandora Panorama wrote:I always liked On Your Side, even on the album. So where do I get the single version? Never heard of it.
It was B-side to Before My Eyes. pm me.
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:34 pm

Pandora Panorama wrote: (I generally can't stand high pitched voices of male vocalists --- that's why I never could get into Guns n Roses as well).
Oh I hate pitched voices too,but I love Guns.I really do.They're great.I'm hoping for reunion.That'd be amazing!
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:53 pm

Zoonchild77 wrote:Hi Angry Bob
I agree with lack of VOICE, however What starts, ends seem to me a bit more compound. Nod plays like ever before. Peter's guitar solos throw on knees, particularly on "Rivers". And just Peter Yates probably most lacks to me in McCoy's "New Nephilim". Bit consoling and giving a future hope are guest shows Yates on NFD.
What kind of music you like, except Nephilim ovcourse?
I overreacted a bit. I'm just slightly pissed off coz,there was only two records from McCoy since 16 years. What could happen if Nefilim didn't split up in 1996? Continuation of Zoon? That would be awesome!! Just can't even think of it coz I'm getting angrier than normaly...
What Starts Ends is a very good record.And there was more of good music from other exmembers. And I saw all of these bands live.Sadly,only NFD deserves respect as a live act.

Except Nephilim,I listen to pop,industrial,some goth bands ,prog rock,folk,ambient,electro and all(almost,I hate classic heavy,power metal.Those voices drive me mental) the metal,innovative and extreme tunes in particular :twisted: :)