Simon Rippin with Thanateros

Here within you discuss about the side-projects, i.e. the bands that has something to do with F.O.T.N. and doesn't include Carl McCoy on vocals.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

oldnephilim
Nephilim

Simon Rippin with Thanateros

Post by oldnephilim » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:44 pm

Simon Rippin is now together with Thanateros. For their upcomming
CD Tony Pettit also played bass for one song.

More to find here:

http://www.thanateros.net/

or here:

http://www.myspace.com/thanateros666

(listen to "dirty old town" - that's the way it should sound like) *notworthy*
Last edited by oldnephilim on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:47 pm

Thank you kind sir *notworthy*

These nice folk metallers aren't Nazis, are they? A silly question, I know - still, I prefer to be on the safe side here *whistle*

Skyclad, anybody? *whistle*
remember what the doorknob said
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:48 pm

squishy wrote:Thank you kind sir *notworthy*

These nice folk metallers aren't Nazis, are they? A silly question, I know - still, I prefer to be on the safe side here *whistle*

A silly question for sure! Not every folk ( ? ) band is a nazi !
:shock:
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:09 pm

oldnephilim wrote:
squishy wrote:Thank you kind sir *notworthy*

A silly question for sure! Not every folk ( ? ) band is a nazi !
:shock:
Course not. Them folk metal bands, however . . . *whistle*

I'm being but half-serious of course. Still, as far as I know, Skyclad - being a decidedly left-wing band - is one of the few glorious exceptions to what could seem almost a rule. As, frankly speaking, that Thanateros (a silly name) thing seems to be. A glorious exception, I mean.

Ewan MacColl's cover is as silly as it is nice ;) The video, being thoroughly silly, has also its own very peculiar kind of, ahem, charm. If I gave it a chance, I think I could develop a soft spot for the-Pogues-done- stomp-metal-style stuff. Quite likable, it seems. Would almost love them to have opened for the Nephs instead of that Pythia terror :evil:
remember what the doorknob said
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:19 pm

Would almost love them to have opened for the Nephs instead of that Pythia terror :evil:
[/quote]

For sure - agreed 100% ! - Maybe with Tony playing the bass ! *notworthy*